• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Christians ==> Please help explain these verses. Thanks!

foomt117

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not christian but will attempt to answer anyway:

in the bible, it says that God knows you even when you are in your mother's womb, so a foetus is considered a person so to speak.

so abortion is a no-no strictly speaking but subject to intrepretation,,,,

there are pro-life christians and there are also pro-choice christians,,,

I don't think you can find absolute black or white moral directions for certain questions here,,,

since the foetus is still part of the mother's body, it's obvious that the mother have the right of ownership as it is to her head, body and legs.

neilgoose

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh dear... think God is very unhappy with many poor people in the world who need to work on Sundays.

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think very easy to understand what. Places in heaven are for sale.

Here is another one:

"Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! "But you ask, 'What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?' "You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me. You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do," says the LORD Almighty, "I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you! Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease. Your grapes will not shrivel before they are ripe," says the LORD Almighty. (Malachi 3:8-11 NLT)

neilgoose

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bible clearly listed the TEN COMMANDMENTS.. of which one impt one is to observe the Sabbath. Else punishable by stoning to death.

So my curious question is... why very few Christians nowadays bother with Sabbath anymore?

guy-uninterrupted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi you may also like to check this out:

Dr. Maurice Bucaille's Book: " The Bible, The Qur'an and Science
His lecture is also on youtube just copy the title and watch the vid.May i suggest that you ask God Almighty to protect you frm any evil and that He guides you accordingly.

When i say God i mean the God of Jesus Moses Abraham Mohamed Krishna Buddha Judah Jonah Jacob Joseph John the Babtist Mary Isaac Ishmael Aaron Lot Noah and all that came till Adam peace be upon them all Prophets and Messengers of and worshippers of GOD Almighty.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bible clearly listed the TEN COMMANDMENTS.. of which one impt one is to observe the Sabbath. Else punishable by stoning to death.

So my curious question is... why very few Christians nowadays bother with Sabbath anymore?

They totally turn a blind eye to OT Law and Lord of Israel commandment. Just believe in John3:16. Everything is permissable in this world.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

neilgoose

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

There is a good site www.gracethrufaith.com which you may like to check out.

You will get a better understanding of OT and NT...May the grace of our Lord help you understand.

Oh dear... another one. I asked some qns here. No answer but all I got is refer to "this" and "that" which shows no linkages to the discussion posted here.

Can anyone just answer the questions directly and beat about the bushes? :mad:

neilgoose

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi you may also like to check this out:

Dr. Maurice Bucaille's Book: " The Bible, The Qur'an and Science
His lecture is also on youtube just copy the title and watch the vid.May i suggest that you ask God Almighty to protect you frm any evil and that He guides you accordingly.

When i say God i mean the God of Jesus Moses Abraham Mohamed Krishna Buddha Judah Jonah Jacob Joseph John the Babtist Mary Isaac Ishmael Aaron Lot Noah and all that came till Adam peace be upon them all Prophets and Messengers of and worshippers of GOD Almighty.

Not forgetting Thor, Zeus, Horus, Guan Yin and Ma Zu.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Christians are the watered-down of Jewish-Judea system. It is like a watered down Taoist system where you only go to Chinese temple twice a month on the 1st and 15th day of the Chinese calendar month. For the rest of the time you don't bothered about the God's birthday/death day, don't have to see a tang kee and don't have to obey any rituals or spiritual performance of the God you worship.