• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Christians ==> Please help explain these verses. Thanks!

neilgoose

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder how do believers see this verse? Pls explain?

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father; or the voice of his mother, and, though they chastise him, will not give heed to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, "This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard." Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Calling Christians,
If you want encouragement from the Word of God, you may want to go to the thread: Today's Scripture Reading.

Non-Christians are welcomed to this thread. I welcome all comments but no abusive language or words of insults please. God Bless

kaneling

opps. wrote something here but noticed(a little late)that someone had already responded. ultimate maluation. i don't know how to cancel replies so i'm just spamming. ahhhhh! sorry!

Last edited:

foomt117

Alfrescian
Loyal
well said, u tell me now where to find the answer? Are you able to answer my question? Thank you

dont ask him anymore, he also dont know

become a christian loh, den only u "find" the answer... albiet slowly but ah, u will only really know the ultimate answer after u die. :confused:

neilgoose

Alfrescian
Loyal
This discussion thread has been around for MONTHs. Its an appeal to self-professed Christians to explain some of these verses.

Those very loving verses that we have in the other discussion thread created by "Psalm 23" is very nice. Contained in the same Holy book are verses that Christians all like to ignore.

Question is.... How much do Christians know about the Holy Book? I have a good Christian friend who I only recently found outdoes not know the meaning of "amen" and why they often end the prayers with "amen".

Of course many other examples of things that many many Christians do not know.

-------------------------------

Hear is one more to encourage Christians to come forward and explain.

2 Kings

2:23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Neilgoose,

Thank you for the godly compliment. I hope those words of comfort and encouragement plus my write up can strengthen our faith in Christ. Look what's happening around us - there are so many calamities affecting us physically, emotionally and spiritually - and the bad news is that they are not going to get better. Quite to the contrary, they are going to get worse each day. Our God of the Bible, Jesus Christ, gives hope to us. His coming is imminent. Let's us endure in Him.

I hope you can let your friends know about this thread. I felt that God is calling me to use this for His glory. Please pray for me that I can continue to write this on daily basis. God bless.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite to the contrary, they are going to get worse each day.

Our God of the Bible, Jesus Christ, gives hope to us. His coming is imminent. Let's us endure in Him.

I think you are doing quite a good job and gauging by the number of views of your thread, your thread is quite popular.

I believe that many read your thread because at times they may be lost or seeking direction. Thus your thread is like a beacon of light shining forth in this forum.

So keep it up.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Kakowi,

Thanks for the compliment again.

My humble request is, could you let your friends know about this thread on Today's Scripture Reading. I felt that this is God's calling for me to write and share His Word. God Bless.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Kakowi,

Thanks for the compliment again.

My humble request is, could you let your friends know about this thread on Today's Scripture Reading. I felt that this is God's calling for me to write and share His Word. God Bless.

My suggestion is that you use free blogs to do it

Try wordpress.com which is what i used in the past.

Put your postings here and paste a copy there.

You can also download your data onto your PC.

It is quite simple to follow their instructions.

You can also add a link to your blog in your signature.

Just copy the url and paste it on your signature in the User CP.

I can see that your thread counts are growing by the day.

That shows it is of value to many here.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
THANKS...WILL TRY TO POST ONTO WORDPRESS.COM. The trouble with me is that I am not very savvy when it comes to doing all these. In fact, it's my very first time posting my writing in the internet.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is really quite simple and straightforward, meant for us who are not so technically inclined

if you need help, just post

foomt117

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am for religious harmony. So I will stop here.

Christians, best to explain these verses (and more). I think I have already found my answer... you should all find yours. And, yes, I attend church at least once a week. So I know Christianity pretty well. I am not a theologian but I have plenty of theologian questions to ask. So am I a Christian? Let's just say I put Christianity as my religion in application forms etc. I feel sad when most Christians are not able to explain verses like these that is contained within the Holy Bible. Its like I am asking what is algebra in maths.. and the answer I got is what is geometry.

Will stop this discussion as Christians will not like it.
=======================

haha, ya ya, so i am not the only one who feels that way. ask for west and they give u east, they always sidestep when u thot u got them nailed. While i am finding answers about God, they acted like salesmen whose sole purpose is only to sell u their religion. I suppose Christians still go to heaven even if they have been fools all their lives

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
THANKS...WILL TRY TO POST ONTO WORDPRESS.COM. The trouble with me is that I am not very savvy when it comes to doing all these. In fact, it's my very first time posting my writing in the internet.

Hi Psalm23,

I saw a blog Psalm23.wordpress.com

Hope it is yours

Just cut and paste from one of your posts to the blog, play with the various options, particularly the design and layout and you should get it started in about two hours.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Psalm23,

I saw a blog Psalm23.wordpress.com

Hope it is yours

Just cut and paste from one of your posts to the blog, play with the various options, particularly the design and layout and you should get it started in about two hours.

Kakowi,

Thanks...I have registered by just didn't find time to do it.

neilgoose

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok... question to all. Does God allow abortion? I am not so sure. Hope some Christians can point me to verses that says that God opposes abortion.

Last edited:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not christian but will attempt to answer anyway:

in the bible, it says that God knows you even when you are in your mother's womb, so a foetus is considered a person so to speak.

so abortion is a no-no strictly speaking but subject to intrepretation,,,,

there are pro-life christians and there are also pro-choice christians,,,

I don't think you can find absolute black or white moral directions for certain questions here,,,