• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Christians plan to get back at Siew Kum Hong

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, why should Jesus look like a cool ang mo with sharp features and long blonde hair plus moustache.

Many years back, a friend recalled how her Chinese speaking aunt fought and quarrel viciously with her when she show her a picture of a dark Middle eastern looking feature Jesus whom the BBC and western scientists put together. The aunt could not accept or comes to term with a jesus which is not an ang moh looking handsome guy as she looks down on any person that looks like a dark,bearded middle eastern men she watches TV in Libya, Iraq or palestine.

In east Asian societies, it is sad many still believe the saviour whom they loves so much is a fair and blonde Caucasian. It will be a huge shock to them if they know that he was someone from the Middle East with purely Middle eastern facial features.

Instead of placing their faith on the goodness of the faith, culture still seems,sadly a barrier to religious beliefs for some.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly, why should Jesus look like a cool ang mo with sharp features and long blonde hair plus moustache.

Many years back, a friend recalled how her Chinese speaking aunt fought and quarrel viciously with her when she show her a picture of a dark Middle eastern looking feature Jesus whom the BBC and western scientists put together. The aunt could not accept or comes to term with a jesus which is not an ang moh looking handsome guy as she looks down on any person that looks like a dark,bearded middle eastern men she watches TV in Libya, Iraq or palestine.

In east Asian societies, it is sad many still believe the saviour whom they loves so much is a fair and blonde Caucasian. It will be a huge shock to them if they know that he was someone from the Middle East with purely Middle eastern facial features.

Instead of placing their faith on the goodness of the faith, culture still seems,sadly a barrier to religious beliefs for some.

If the horses have a Messiah, they would portray him as a horse.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is a perfect example of:

EMPTINESS IS FORM, FORM IS EMPTINESS....

they think they see god but do they ever think god see them? (other entities can be substituted for "god").

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take turns, or do '69'.

I think it is no secret that for a male artiste to get ahead in Mediacorp (or showbiz in general), he must get fucked in the backside.

How did he get ahead in Mediacorp?

Henry_Thia-1.JPG

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a Grand Aunt that took care of me from infancy till primary school. She was a staunch Buddhist and an avid Chinese patriot who always wanted to visit China. She finally got a chance to visit The Motherland as a tourist sometime during the nineties.

Upon her return, she rejected the Buddha and said she didn't want to pray ty to him anymore. When asked why, her reply was "All this while I did not know Buddha was a keling."

Cheers!

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i only see the pic of angmor dressed in presumably early century clothes. what part say that angmor is jesus?

lianbeng replies u, "Jesus Christ was a Jew lah not angmoh. besides, that tomb could have been borrowed for posing by that angmoh poser. and did the Bible say the stone was round and so nicely chiselled?":biggrin:

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a Grand Aunt that took care of me from infancy till primary school. She was a staunch Buddhist and an avid Chinese patriot who always wanted to visit China. She finally got a chance to visit The Motherland as a tourist sometime during the nineties.

Upon her return, she rejected the Buddha and said she didn't want to pray ty to him anymore. When asked why, her reply was "All this while I did not know Buddha was a keling."

Cheers!

Not Keling..Nepalese or maybe Tibetan perhaps...

Lol....Your grand aunt brainwashed by the commie?

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

i think buddha most like a nepalese rather than keling. saw this in some documentary.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really funny, all the years, she found out the truth? ha ha ha , no offence to the belivers out there, is it true that Guanying is a man?

no historical record of guanyin as a real person. that why you can see her sex change here and there.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not Keling..Nepalese or maybe Tibetan perhaps...

Lol....Your grand aunt brainwashed by the commie?

My Grand Aunt won't know the difference between any of the races south of the Himalayas. I suppose her view was that Buddha was a slitty-eyed paunchy grinning yellow-skinned oriental celestial saint from the Middle-Kingdom as depicted by the statues in the Buddhist temples in Sg/M'sia. In China, she perhaps saw the statues of her adored to be some skinny darker-skinned mortal.

I never asked her political inclinations, but I doubt she looked up to the commies as many times I remember her saying how famine, starvation, and hard-life was rampant in China (probably from news of Cultural Revolution and early Mao days.)

Cheers!

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Grand Aunt won't know the difference between any of the races south of the Himalayas. I suppose her view was that Buddha was a slitty-eyed paunchy grinning yellow-skinned oriental celestial saint from the Middle-Kingdom as depicted by the statues in the Buddhist temples in Sg/M'sia. In China, she perhaps saw the statues of her adored to be some skinny darker-skinned mortal.

lol just like people like jesus is white, he must have look more arab instead.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
LoL...the Nepalese and most of the Himalayan people have yellow-skin, slitty eyes and very oriental looks. See the new Bhutanese king..They are Mongoloids and thus look totally different from the darker Dravidian people in South India which are refer with the racist term kelings .

Funny,as you said your aunt is a devout Buddhist, she should have seen Buddha statues in chinese temples all over Spore and Malaysia. The Buddha statues in Chinese temples are mostly coated in Gold or bronze with the usual curly top but never in vivid colours like in Burmese temples.Moreover Buddha statues are totally different from Chinese deities or saints like lao Tze or Zhang Tien Shi with chinese robes and faces. Moreover, in Buddhist paintings, the Buddha are never protrayed in chinese robes with straight hair and slitty eyes unlike jesus which are protrayed in very Caucasian features.

From my experience, buddhist temples in her motherland aka China are almost chinese buddhist styles unless she visited India or Cambodia where the statues has Indian or Roman features.

So it is abit strange why she should have the impression that Buddha is Chinese and as a chinese patriot she should have prayed to Yue Fei, Guan Gong or even Confucius instead of being a staunch Buddhist because there is nothing in Buddhist scriptures that suggest Buddha is a chinese patriot.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol just like people like jesus is white, he must have look more arab instead.

I am inclined to think the story of Jesus was made up, that is - he never existed.

But that's only my view, if others find comfort in a white Jesus (or black), let it be so. I believe in freedom of worship, so long as it is not imposed onto others.

Cheers!