• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Christians are hypocrites, Top 10 reasons ! Must Read !

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
BUDDHIST AND KUAN YIN ADHERENTS DON’T FORCE THEIR BELIEFS AND DISDEFIEFS DOWN OTHER PEOPLE THROATS. THEY ARE NOT GOD BOTHERERS:wink:

No one can force anything down anyone's throat if he doesn't believe in it. There are governments who use authority to mandate their citizens' religion by law. They involve only a few Islam countries. There are even more atheist countries who forbid people from practising their religions freely, mostly communist countries like China and Vietnam.

THEY ARE NOT MONOTHEISTS THAT INSISTS THEIR ONE GOD IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD.:wink:

Why would you think a religious monotheist is more morally right than a religious paganist? It is true that Christian evangelize and Taoist religions don't, which brings me to the question - if their belief is true, why not share it nicely? In reality, I have been advised by friends not to take ghosts or superstitions for granted. Is that "pushing down"?

THEY DON'T TAKE TO EXTREME, TO HOLY WARS OVER BELIEFS:wink: THE WORST GENOCIDES IN HUMAN HISTORY ARE COMMITTED BY THE ABRAHAMIC FAITHS:wink:

In my view, the worst genocides are committed by atheists. Not guided by any religious beliefs, they believe they can get away with powerbearingness. Cambodia, Rwanda and Yugoslavia had dictators charged for genocide and none were recorded to be monotheists or religious.

LIVING CELLS CANNOT COME FROM NON-LIVING MATTER LIKE DIRT, ROCK. PERIOD:wink:

No one said living cells came from non-living matter by itself. We believe God created life, therefore whether this life came from dirt or air, there is a God behind it. If living cells have to come from living matter, then at some point we must wonder where the first living matter began.

JESUS WAS ALSO GOD, THEN IT WAS GOD WHO DIED ON THE CROSS. DID THE HOLY GHOST ALSO DIED ON THE CROSS?

It is not easy to fathom how the Trinity actually exists, since He is not a human creation or figment of imagination.

The tongue-in-cheek is humourous but not sure how they relate to the point of discussion.

PART OF THE CONTRADICTIONS OF THE EXISTENCE OF AN ‘ALL POWERFUL’ ISRAELITE GOD:wink:

No, don't agree that there is any contradiction.

THE TWO GREAT EASTERN ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS HAVE 5000 YEARS OF RECORDED HISTORY AND CIVILIZATION. THE PERIOD OF PRE CIVILISATION IS MUCH LONGER. GIVE YOU A HANDICAP, SAYS THE PERIOD OF PRE CIVILIZATION IS MUCH SHORTER PERIOD OF 5000 YEARS. 5000+5000 IS STILL LONGER THAN BIBICAL TIME:wink:

Not factual. Civilization can be between 6,000 to 10,000 years. Different people, Christians and non-Christians alike, have come up with different periods. Definitely not millions of years.

TRYING TO DRESS UP SOMEONE ELSE AS A FELLOW CULPRIT DOES NOT MAKE THE CULPRIT LESS A CULPRIT. TAOIST HELL PUTS WRONG DOERS THERE, TAOISTS NEVER CONDEMNED NON-BELIEVERS TO THEIR HELL.

Taoist hell in fact condemns everyone to hell. Including believers.

YOUR ISRAELITE GOD WAS HAPPY TO USE A PAIR OF BEARS TO KILL 42 SMALL CHILDREN FOR TRIVIAL OFFENCE OF LAUGHTING AT A BALD MAN PROPHET(2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB). YOU CALL YOUR ISRAELITE GOD LOVING? I CALL THAT EVIL. I HAVE NO PROBLEM TRYING HARD TO ACCEPT YOUR MORAL STANDARD:wink:

It is not a popular fact that God deals with evil by earthly killing, but people also blame God when "nothing" is done to murderers. The case of 2 Kings 2:23 is not "small" boys (nothing was said that they are toddler children) as boys may also refer to teens. Secondly, why would a large 42 people gather over a prophet when not for evil intention. Thirdly, to say "go up" (to heaven) spells the intention by the group to kill Elisha. At the end of the day, death is a problem but not the end of the world. Even Jesus went through and had an understanding of death. The boys are definitely alive, who knows may be alive in Christ after having repented.

BIBLICAL HELL IS IN THE HEART OF THE EARTH, Acts 2:31:wink:

Nowhere in the bible states a concrete location of hell. Many apologists believe hell is also at the heavenly realm but outside the gates of heaven where unbelievers are separated from God.

THE ONLY PLUS POINT:wink:

Thank you :smile:

WRONG UNDERSTANDING, PLEASE READ ONCE MORE TIME:wink:

No wrong understanding. God does not give equal "blessing" to everyone, many of which are not even blessings. Not only food - not everyone has equal wealth even in the same country. Inequality is one of the results of a fallen world or God would not be concerned with salvation. Things will be put right at the end times.

IT'S REFERRING TO ATHEISTS WHO WERE ONCE CHRISTIANS:wink:

They are still atheists nonetheless. Anyway, I don't believe that there is ever such a thing called "once Christians" or "ex-Christians".

Last edited:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one can force anything down anyone's throat if he doesn't believe in it. There are governments who use authority to mandate their citizens' religion by law. They involve only a few Islam countries. There are even more atheist countries who forbid people from practising their religions freely, mostly communist countries like China and Vietnam.
Far from the truth! Spanish Inquisition, the jews and muslims were forced to convert or be murdered and expelled. During the Christians conquest of south America, aboriginals were brutally forced to convert or get slaughtered.

Why would you think a religious monotheist is more morally right than a religious paganist? It is true that Christian evangelize and Taoist religions don't, which brings me to the question - if their belief is true, why not share it nicely? In reality, I have been advised by friends not to take ghosts or superstitions for granted. Is that "pushing down"?
In eastern cultures, religion is more of a way of life. The sun does need people to be converted for it to be the true source of light regardless of faiths:wink: In the western world, religion is a political tool by rulers. Have you not heard of emperor Theodosius decreed ? When the Jesuits and missionaries first arrived in the oriental, they have a big political agenda, not evangelism. There is a famous saying in your western culture: "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful" …

In my view, the worst genocides are committed by atheists. Not guided by any religious beliefs, they believe they can get away with powerbearingness. Cambodia, Rwanda and Yugoslavia had dictators charged for genocide and none were recorded to be monotheists or religious.
In my humble view, killing motivated by religious doctrines is worst. And worst still, in the name of a ‘loving’ god. I don’t condone the killing committed by Mao, Stalin, Ho Chih Minh and the likes. Killing is still wrong, whether is done by religious nuts or communists:wink:

No one said living cells came from non-living matter by itself. We believe God created life, therefore whether this life came from dirt or air, there is a God behind it. If living cells have to come from living matter, then at some point we must wonder where the first living matter began.
Life does not come from the magical wave of a hand:wink:
According to Sumerian creation myth, which pre-dated the Hebrew version, man was fashioned of clay.

enuma-elish.jpg

Coincidental?

It is not easy to fathom how the Trinity actually exists, since He is not a human creation or figment of imagination.
I don’t understand why my question itself is so difficult to fathom. “DID THE HOLY GHOST ALSO DIED ON THE CROSS?” Yes or no?Where in the bible can trinity be referenced?

No, don't agree that there is any contradiction.
Why?

Not factual. Civilization can be between 6,000 to 10,000 years. Different people, Christians and non-Christians alike, have come up with different periods. Definitely not millions of years.
The shortest period of civilization agreed by you + the shortest period of pre-civilization added together already comfortably exceeded biblical age:wink:

Numerous Archaelogical evidences from around the world unifiedly supported million(s) of years of human existence. Just look the evidence from the closest location Malaysia, the stone hand-axes discovered are more than 1.8 million years, http://www.southeastasianarchaeolo...-rewrites-our-understanding-of-human-origins/

I expected fundamentalist Christians to find any established findings in science or archaeology that contradicted their beliefs to be fraudulent. If mankind had never stepped on the moon, they would insist the bible is accurate:wink:

Taoist hell in fact condemns everyone to hell. Including believers.
That sounds like a fairer and more just system than the christian system:wink: A Christian once told me that being good and charities are not important values for salvation which is a gift.

It is not a popular fact that God deals with evil by earthly killing, but people also blame God when "nothing" is done to murderers. The case of 2 Kings 2:23 is not "small" boys (nothing was said that they are toddler children) as boys may also refer to teens. Secondly, why would a large 42 people gather over a prophet when not for evil intention. Thirdly, to say "go up" (to heaven) spells the intention by the group to kill Elisha. At the end of the day, death is a problem but not the end of the world. Even Jesus went through and had an understanding of death. The boys are definitely alive, who knows may be alive in Christ after having repented.
KJV uses “children”, NIV uses “youths”, NRS uses “boys. Forget for the moment that the bible was edited continuously for more than 1000 years.

What evil intention if any that can be inferred from the passage before 2:23?

I am marveled by your ability to drill in on all the possibilities of “small” boys. But I am truly dismayed by your inability, failure and lack of compassionate to drill in a similar manner on the possibilities of how the 42 children could have been more justly treated! The two she bears could just scare the children away instead of brutally mulitated and killed them. The prophet could also invoke the name of your tribunal Lord for a protective shield to drop from heaven to protect himself. Thirdly, you don’t know what is run road? In modern context, it is not inconceivable for a class of primary school kids to gather around a bald-headed man and jeer at him.

That account for the different in moral standard between blind faith and realist:wink:

If you have actually read 12 verses earlier, “go up” they were telling him to stay away, they wanted nothing to do with him. that he should go join Elijah.

If the 43 children are deemed wicked people according to the belief of your faith and deserved punishment, I think the punishment itself was overly harsh and unjust. And I don’t think the prophet that made the deadly curse is any way near righteous for simply being jeer.

Nowhere in the bible states a concrete location of hell. Many apologists believe hell is also at the heavenly realm but outside the gates of heaven where unbelievers are separated from God.
Go and read Acts 2:31,Matthew 12:40 and John 19:30. The bible is very clear on the location:wink:
I feel sad on behalf of your pagan and heretic forefathers, they must be turning their skeletons in their grave:wink:

No wrong understanding. God does not give equal "blessing" to everyone, many of which are not even blessings. Not only food - not everyone has equal wealth even in the same country. Inequality is one of the results of a fallen world or God would not be concerned with salvation. Things will be put right at the end times.
Your still failed to under the usage of percentage by the author:wink:

They are still atheists nonetheless. Anyway, I don't believe that there is ever such a thing called "once Christians" or "ex-Christians".
I don’t understand?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Far from the truth! Spanish Inquisition, the jews and muslims were forced to convert or be murdered and expelled. During the Christians conquest of south America, aboriginals were brutally forced to convert or get slaughtered.

In eastern cultures, religion is more of a way of life. The sun does need people to be converted for it to be the true source of light regardless of faiths:wink: In the western world, religion is a political tool by rulers. Have you not heard of emperor Theodosius decreed ? When the Jesuits and missionaries first arrived in the oriental, they have a big political agenda, not evangelism. There is a famous saying in your western culture: "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful" …

In my humble view, killing motivated by religious doctrines is worst. And worst still, in the name of a ‘loving’ god. I don’t condone the killing committed by Mao, Stalin, Ho Chih Minh and the likes. Killing is still wrong, whether is done by religious nuts or communists:wink:

According to Sumerian creation myth, which pre-dated the Hebrew version, man was fashioned of clay.

enuma-elish.jpg

Coincidental?

I don’t understand why my question itself is so difficult to fathom. “DID THE HOLY GHOST ALSO DIED ON THE CROSS?” Yes or no?Where in the bible can trinity be referenced?

Why?

The shortest period of civilization agreed by you + the shortest period of pre-civilization added together already comfortably exceeded biblical age:wink:

Numerous Archaelogical evidences from around the world unifiedly supported million(s) of years of human existence. Just look the evidence from the closest location Malaysia, the stone hand-axes discovered are more than 1.8 million years, http://www.southeastasianarchaeolo...-rewrites-our-understanding-of-human-origins/

I expected fundamentalist Christians to find any established findings in science or archaeology that contradicted their beliefs to be fraudulent. If mankind had never stepped on the moon, they would insist the bible is accurate:wink:

That sounds like a fairer and more just system than the christian system:wink: A Christian once told me that being good and charities are not important values for salvation which is a gift.

KJV uses “children”, NIV uses “youths”, NRS uses “boys. Forget for the moment that the bible was edited continuously for more than 1000 years.

I am marveled by your ability to drill in on all the possibilities of “small” boys. But I am truly dismayed by your inability, failure and lack of compassionate to drill in a similar manner on the possibilities of how the 42 children could have been more justly treated! The two she bears could just scare the children away instead of brutally mulitated and killed them. The prophet could also invoke the name of your tribunal Lord for a protective shield to drop from heaven to protect himself. Thirdly, you don’t know what is run road? In modern context, it is not inconceivable for a class of primary school kids to gather around a bald-headed man and jeer at him.

That account for the different in moral standard between blind faith and realist:wink:

If you have actually read 12 verses earlier, “go up” they were telling him to stay away, they wanted nothing to do with him. that he should go join Elijah.

If the 43 children are deemed wicked people according to the belief of your faith and deserved punishment, I think the punishment itself was overly harsh and unjust. And I don’t think the prophet that made the deadly curse is any way near righteous for simply being jeer.

Go and read Acts 2:31,Matthew 12:40 and John 19:30. The bible is very clear on the location:wink:
I feel sad on behalf of your pagan and heretic forefathers, they must be turning their skeletons in their grave:wink:

I don’t understand?

Looks like you are still moralising, and did you just affirm the existence of moral absolutes when you said killing, or should it be murder, is still (do you mean "always") wrong?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fair enough, if you were referring to the past, whereas I was referring to the present.

Fair enough. I admit I missed out that religion can mean different things to different people. Yes, religion has been used as a political tool and I see you agree that political agenda and evangelism are different.

My question remains. When I was doing enforcement on Taoist altars that were all over the place, their owners challenged that I would "offend" something if I dared remove them. I can understand the piousness but it does not seem to me as some "way of life".

Agree with this except the first sentence.

I am not surprised that there are similar legends since men came from the same source. For me, I ensure my own belief is on whollistic ground and not just creation story or just some parts.

I don’t understand why my question itself is so difficult to fathom.

Not "your question is difficult to fathom". Again - the existence of God in certain levels of human understanding is difficult to fathom.

“DID THE HOLY GHOST ALSO DIED ON THE CROSS?” Yes or no?

Already answered.

Where in the bible can trinity be referenced?

The Bible doesn't use the word "Trinity". God manifested in the form of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, that is the Trinity. Personally, I believe God is infinite, but played 3 roles where man was concerned.

I just don't. My opinion.

Not necessarily. Adam and a number of descendants lived close to a thousand years. Add that up not in the most conservative estimates and it is not far away.

Millions of years have never been carbon dated as C-14 dating can go as far as 11,000 years. It is a theory.

Actually, the Bible did speak about certain things that turned out to be true, such as a round earth when people thought it was flat. If you think the Bible was proven "wrong" by certain discoveries, it at most puts a draw.

That sounds like a fairer and more just system than the christian system:wink:

Nope. No agreement with me here.

A Christian once told me that being good and charities are not important values for salvation which is a gift.

Well, I don't agree with your Christian friend. Based on what you quoted, "values" and "gifts" show you that they are already different words.

Not a bible editing but a translation issue. The bible was originally in Hebrew and Greek; Christians do acknowledge that certain translations did not carry the full meaning of certain words. That is what BlueLetterBible is used for.

Already answered.

I am marveled by your ability to drill in on all the possibilities of “small” boys.

I don't expect everyone to agree to my interpretation. There are people who interpret things in favour of and win arguments. Perhaps I am one of them. But the exact opposite can also true, like interpreting "heart of the earth" as hell. I am not here to say you are wrong and I am right.

But I am truly dismayed by your inability, failure and lack of compassionate to drill in a similar manner on the possibilities of how the 42 children could have been more justly treated! The two she bears could just scare the children away instead of brutally mulitated and killed them.

The Bible did not mention how many were actually there or whether they held weapons that could have killed Elijah and the bears. Which means the mob could have been more threatening than some thought and there were those who escaped and were spared. I trust God did what He ascertained best.

The prophet could also invoke the name of your tribunal Lord for a protective shield to drop from heaven to protect himself.

And stay there forever? I could say might as well God didn't create the world, then we won't have this. For me, I acknowledge am not the best judge.

Thirdly, you don’t know what is run road? In modern context, it is not inconceivable for a class of primary school kids to gather around a bald-headed man and jeer at him.

Personally, I don't think I can escape from 42 children if they mean to be nasty.

You are entitled to your opinion in this forum.

Too far-fetched to claim that "the Bible is very clear". Matthew 12:40 says Jesus went to the "heart of the earth" but does not state that this is hell. It compares Jesus and Jonah, and I don't think Jonah's situation was like visiting hell and could move around freely.

Then I shall leave it.

I don’t understand?

In my view, someone who "leaves Christianity" means he or she never believed. Perhaps, as you said, took Christianity as a way of life until the fervour wears off.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fair enough, if you were referring to the past, whereas I was referring to the present.
In the present, there are stories and news of complaints of religion related harassment in the hospitals. In the present, there are stories of newly converted young Christians treating their old folks at home very badly.

My question remains. When I was doing enforcement on Taoist altars that were all over the place, their owners challenged that I would "offend" something if I dared remove them. I can understand the piousness but it does not seem to me as some "way of life".
I see it as more of terrestrial protection rather than piousness. Folks that adopt religion as a way of life, you don’t find extremist, fundamentalist or fanatic in them:wink:

Agree with this except the first sentence.
Holy wars, Insquisition and holocaust are motivated or supported by biblical doctrines or in the name of god. In holocaust who were killed?

I am not surprised that there are similar legends since men came from the same source. For me, I ensure my own belief is on whollistic ground and not just creation story or just some parts.
Somehow, you have agreed the jews have not exclusive access to ‘information’:wink:

horus-attis-mithra-krishna-dionysus.jpg

See the similarities between Jesus deity and other ancient deities? I thought Jesus is supposed to be unique and no parallel?

Already answered.
Not answered. “DID THE HOLY GHOST ALSO DIED ON THE CROSS?” Yes or no?

The Bible doesn't use the word "Trinity". God manifested in the form of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, that is the Trinity. Personally, I believe God is infinite, but played 3 roles where man was concerned.
Good answer, thank you:wink: Unfortunately, nowhere in the bible suggested the 3 as one. The concept of trinity was actually injected 3 centuries later. Don't believe me, do a google search for theologian websites. It looks like a government system:wink:

Millions of years have never been carbon dated as C-14 dating can go as far as 11,000 years. It is a theory.
C-14 dating is outdated and old technology. It is a well known fact that it is only accurate for dating up to 6000years. This is the typical kind of misinformation that many church leaders are practicing, for very obvious reason:wink:

Actually, the Bible did speak about certain things that turned out to be true, such as a round earth when people thought it was flat. If you think the Bible was proven "wrong" by certain discoveries, it at most puts a draw.
Genesis accounts a flat earth. Also, the earth was created first before the sun. We know they are not true.

Nope. No agreement with me here.
In my opinion, the system which believers are still liable to go the hell is more just and appears less cultist:wink:

Well, I don't agree with your Christian friend. Based on what you quoted, "values" and "gifts" show you that they are already different words.
In another word, what he meant is this: A Christian that accepted the deity Jesus is guaranteed a place in afterlife. He could commit crimes, wrong doings, evil deeds and treat another being badly or cruel, and these are not affecting the place secured.

Not a bible editing but a translation issue. The bible was originally in Hebrew and Greek; Christians do acknowledge that certain translations did not carry the full meaning of certain words. That is what BlueLetterBible is used for.
The content the bible was continuously edited or revised on a language. This was stopped only a few centuries ago. The problems related to translation from one language to another is a another issue. Trying to wiggle?

The Bible did not mention how many were actually there or whether they held weapons that could have killed Elijah and the bears. Which means the mob could have been more threatening than some thought and there were those who escaped and were spared. I trust God did what He ascertained best.
"Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9 NAB
Granted, the children are indeed evil by your religion belief and could be life threatening to a God’s prophet or a ordinary believer. How you justify “Happy” in Psalm137:9? What so happy?

Too far-fetched to claim that "the Bible is very clear". Matthew 12:40 says Jesus went to the "heart of the earth" but does not state that this is hell. It compares Jesus and Jonah, and I don't think Jonah's situation was like visiting hell and could move around freely.
Check out http://www.av1611.org/hell.html
Biblical hell is located in the center of the earth:p:wink:

In my view, someone who "leaves Christianity" means he or she never believed. Perhaps, as you said, took Christianity as a way of life until the fervour wears off.

Some of those who left are pastors and priests:wink:

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the present, there are stories and news of complaints of religion related harassment in the hospitals. In the present, there are stories of newly converted young Christians treating their old folks at home very badly.

The original discussion was about portraying certain imagery that religious values led to evils in a sense that the absence of religious values also leading to evils was seemingly ignored, so we have kind of deviated. The other discussion was whether religions were forcing beliefs down people's throats, while I think atheists were also guilty of that.

I do acknowledge that there are "bad Christians" just like there are "bad non-Christians" but the interesting aspect about Christianity is that it is the only faith that tells you so - no sugar coating, no candy coating. Christians can never be more holy in behaviour than non-Christians on the whole. On the other hand I do not share the opinion that the non-religious people in bad acts are less guilty than the religious because they are non-religious, as the acts are the same.

I see it as more of terrestrial protection rather than piousness. Folks that adopt religion as a way of life, you don’t find extremist, fundamentalist or fanatic in them:wink:

I don't think the other kind of religious people are not extremist or fanatic, just that a religion based on a way of life does not have very strong beliefs. At the same time, such religions do not have a response to many of the world's things, which I disagree with. Christianity and some religions are based on belief in a truth, but as a result a minority carry the truth to the extreme ways.

Holy wars, Insquisition and holocaust are motivated or supported by biblical doctrines or in the name of god. In holocaust who were killed?

What I was disagreeing with was that killing in the name of religion is worse than killing in the name of any other thing. Killing is a killing, that's it. (Unless God kills because He is different from us.)

Somehow, you have agreed the jews have not exclusive access to ‘information’:wink: See the similarities between Jesus deity and other ancient deities? I thought Jesus is supposed to be unique and no parallel?

When someone copies the original, we can't claim the original is not the original. I am sure people understand this. We can debate which is the original, of course.

Not answered. “DID THE HOLY GHOST ALSO DIED ON THE CROSS?” Yes or no?

Again, yes, when Jesus was crucified, the Father and Holy Spirit tasted death.

Good answer, thank you:wink: Unfortunately, nowhere in the bible suggested the 3 as one. The concept of trinity was actually injected 3 centuries later. Don't believe me, do a google search for theologian websites. It looks like a government system:wink:

In John 10:30 alone, Jesus said that He and the Father are One. Acts 10:38 say that God anointed Jesus and the Holy Spirit with power. Whether it is a government originated or not is not important to me. Actually, you don't have to taunt-prove scripture to me. We both are rather well-versed in information finding, only that our interpretations tend to be different.

C-14 dating is outdated and old technology. It is a well known fact that it is only accurate for dating up to 6000years. This is the typical kind of misinformation that many church leaders are practicing, for very obvious reason:wink:

Evolution scientists have tried to prove millions of years by pointing to the absence of C-14 in certain rocks and they are the majority in the science field and the originator of C-14, so I don't see anything wrong in what I said. Anyway, kindly share what other dating methods are there, links welcomed since you like to share info, and this would be one area I am interested in.

Genesis accounts a flat earth.

Don't think that is so certain.

Also, the earth was created first before the sun. We know they are not true.

It is true the Bible says the earth was created first, and I think that is true.

In my opinion, the system which believers are still liable to go the hell is more just and appears less cultist:wink:

You are entitled to your opinion, of course.

In another word, what he meant is this: A Christian that accepted the deity Jesus is guaranteed a place in afterlife. He could commit crimes, wrong doings, evil deeds and treat another being badly or cruel, and these are not affecting the place secured.

That is wrong doctrine in my view. Becoming a Christian comes with repentance, and committing evil hardly classifies as repentance. Anyone who accepts Christ defeating sin but thinks it is a "license to sin" becomes an oxymoron. But I know this is preached by some churches in what Christians who think like me call "cheap grace" or "antinomianism" which is unbiblical.

The content the bible was continuously edited or revised on a language. This was stopped only a few centuries ago. The problems related to translation from one language to another is a another issue. Trying to wiggle?

The ancient scrolls were studied by language scholars showing that the originality from the origin to our bibles were much well-preserved. I wouldn't bother to wiggle out of something not factual.

Check out http://www.av1611.org/hell.html
Biblical hell is located in the center of the earth:p:wink:

No, I don't agree and don't have to agree with the interpretations stated in the link.

Some of those who left are pastors and priests:wink:

Doesn't make any difference.

Thank you for your time :smile:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, I don't agree and don't have to agree with the interpretations stated in the link.

It is your choice to make on whether to take the divine scriptures or the deriatives from your church leaders.
Anyway, just to reproduce the relevances parts here to share with bros following this thread...

· Matthew 12:40 says,*“For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.”
· 1 Peter 3:19-20: “By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.”
· Acts 2:27:*“Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.”
· Ephesians 4:9, says of Jesus:*"Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the*LOWER PARTS OF THE EARTH."

May Tua Pek Kong blessed you:wink:

Last edited:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Evolution scientists have tried to prove millions of years by pointing to the absence of C-14 in certain rocks and they are the majority in the science field and the originator of C-14, so I don't see anything wrong in what I said. Anyway, kindly share what other dating methods are there, links welcomed since you like to share info, and this would be one area I am interested in.

Radiometric dating is one of the methods uses for dating longer time period, http://www.tim-thompson.com/radiometric.html
Other methods, such as Uranium/Lead, Potassium/Argon are able to measure much longer time periods, and are not restricted to things that were once alive.

Further, measurement of microwave cosmic background radiation can date the age of the universe from 13 to 14 billion years. Such dimensions of time are several orders higher than what are deriatives from the Bible(man created?).

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.tim-thompson.com/radiometric.html

The real heart of the age-of-the-earth debate (if "debate" is the right word) is always radiometric dating. There are lots of ways to guesstimate ages, and geologists knew the earth was old a long time ago (and I might add that they were mostly Christian creationist geologists). But they didn't know how old. Radiometric dating actually allows the measurement of absolute ages, and so it is deadly to the argument that the earth cannot be more than 10,000 years old.

Radiometric methods measure the time elapsed since the particular radiometric clock was reset. Radiocarbon dating, which is probably best known in the general public, works only on things that were once alive and are now dead. It measures the time elapsed since death, but is limited in scale to no more than about 50,000 years ago. Other methods, such as Uranium/Lead, Potassium/Argon, Argon/Argon and others, are able to measure much longer time periods, and are not restricted to things that were once alive. Generally applied to igneous rocks (those of volcanic origin), they measure the time since the molten rock solidified. If that happens to be longer than 10,000 years, then the idea of a young-Earth is called into question. If that happens to be billions of years, then the young-Earth is in big trouble.

As of January, 1999, The oldest rocks found on earth are 4.031 ± 0.003 billion years old (meaning it has been that long since the molten rocks solidified and thus reset their internal clocks). This is reported in the paper Priscoan (4.00-4.03 Ga) orthogneisses from northwestern Canada by Samuel A. Bowring & Ian S. Williams; Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology 134(1): 3-16, January 1999. The previous record was 3.96 billion years, set in 1989.

The putative age of the Earth, about 4,500,000,000 years is based on the radiometrically measured age of meteorites, and is also about 500,000,000 years older than the oldest rocks. But regardless of the accuracy of this age for the earth, the existence of rocks circa 4,000,000,000 years old puts the squeeze on a 10,000 year old Earth.

So the natural response from a young-Earth perspective is to claim that radiometric dating is inaccurate or untrustworthy. Unfortunately, while the young-Earthers are long on criticism, they are short on support. It's easy to assert that radiometric methods don't work, but it's quite another thing to prove it. This the young-Earth creationist regularly fails to do.

I am not going to try to write a web-treatise on radiometric dating myself, simply because much better qualified writers have already done a much better job than I could. This is a list of resources, some on the web, some not, which can be consulted by anyone interested in learning more about how radiometric dating is done, or in responding to arguments criticising radiometric dating. My purpose is to show, through these resources that young-Earth creationist criticisms of radiometric dating are inadequate at best. So long as radiometric dating stands as scientifically valid, then the assertion of a young-Earth is falsified by direct observation. The argument from radiometriic dating is the strongest scientific argument that can be brought to bear on this issue, in my opinion.

There may be some sense of repetition, as there are a number of one-page, introductory type entries. But I put them all in anyway, figuring some readers would understand one more easily than the other.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like you are still moralising, and did you just affirm the existence of moral absolutes when you said killing, or should it be murder, is still (do you mean "always") wrong?

Ok, we got it! No view or reasoning, still job done anyway:biggrin: You have worked very hard, you may step down now:o:o:wink: Give yourself a big pat:rolleyes::rolleyes:Do you need Sam to award you a certificate of participation? Wtf:p:wink:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is your choice to make on whether to take the divine scriptures or the deriatives from your church leaders.

Of course it is. Similarly since you put up link that favours your arguments, I can do so for what I believe in.

http://www.gotquestions.org/where-is-hell.html

In the King James Version, Ephesians 4:9 says that before Jesus ascended into heaven, “he also descended . . . into the lower parts of the earth.” Some Christians take “the lower parts of the earth” as a reference to hell, where they say Jesus spent the time between His death and resurrection. However, the New International Version gives a better translation: “he also descended to the lower, earthly regions.” This verse simply says that Jesus came to earth. It’s a reference to His incarnation, not to His location after death.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course it is. Similarly since you put up link that favours your arguments, I can do so for what I believe in.

http://www.gotquestions.org/where-is-hell.html

In the King James Version, Ephesians 4:9 says that before Jesus ascended into heaven, “he also descended . . . into the lower parts of the earth.” Some Christians take “the lower parts of the earth” as a reference to hell, where they say Jesus spent the time between His death and resurrection. However, the New International Version gives a better translation: “he also descended to the lower, earthly regions.” This verse simply says that Jesus came to earth. It’s a reference to His incarnation, not to His location after death.

Your NIV translation actually confirmed my version is correct! It correctly says that when Jesus died, his body is buried in grave. Of course his soul and spirit gone somewhere else. Thankyou:wink:

You said your christian hell is outside the gates of heaven, can produce the verses?

May my Tua Pek Kong bless you with sound reasoning:wink:

Last edited:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the other hand I do not share the opinion that the non-religious people in bad acts are less guilty than the religious because they are non-religious, as the acts are the same.
Both will get the same punishment sentence under secular law. The difference on who is perceived as more scornful and less forgivable. If a NEA officer own living environment promotes mosquito breeding, it will be seen as less forgiving. If a law enforcer broke the law he is supposed to enforce, it is very unforgivable compared to a commoner that broke the same law. The same logic applies to the issue of discussion here. And more, especially when comes from a religion believer that believes he and his religion are special and above the rest:wink:

What I was disagreeing with was that killing in the name of religion is worse than killing in the name of any other thing. Killing is a killing, that's it. (Unless God kills because He is different from us.)
The effects of killing are the same. The difference is in the intent, one is spiritually motivated, justifiable by dogmatic beliefs and sometimes invoking the name of god. My mosquito breeding logic applicable here too:wink:

The 13th reason is settled:wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, we got it! No view or reasoning, still job done anyway:biggrin: You have worked very hard, you may step down now:o:o:wink: Give yourself a big pat:rolleyes::rolleyes:Do you need Sam to award you a certificate of participation? Wtf:p:wink:

It's hardly hard work to expose the bankruptcy of your atheism.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Radiometric dating is one of the methods uses for dating longer time period, http://www.tim-thompson.com/radiometric.html
Other methods, such as Uranium/Lead, Potassium/Argon are able to measure much longer time periods, and are not restricted to things that were once alive.

Further, measurement of microwave cosmic background radiation can date the age of the universe from 13 to 14 billion years. Such dimensions of time are several orders higher than what are deriatives from the Bible(man created?).

Are you aware of what assumptions are used to derive the ages?