• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious "chit chat" vs "serious" prefixes.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Couple Of Points:

1. No proof is needed because as the forum owner has said before, "nobody is on trial here".

2. Debonerman and scroobal are monikers used by the same person. But as the forum owner mentioned earlier, it doesn't matter, and I agree. :wink:

There are many plays and many movies where one actor takes on dual or multiple roles. I still enjoyed those plays and movies.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Thank you for saving me the effort to explain why I call you a sub human homosexual piss of a species. You want to play psychology game I have to sadly inform you it sucks.

You have been banned for 2 days for this post so if you're Mark Andrew it means I've banned a member of your army here. How's that for impartiality.

jw5

Loyal
There are many plays and many movies where one actor takes on dual or multiple roles. I still enjoyed those plays and movies.

Couple Of Examples:

1. Michael J Fox in "Back To The Future II".

2. Sally Field in "Sybil". :wink:

chongpangchixwings

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have changed nothing. Scroobal was pissed off because of the way I ran the forum and returned because he thought my days were numbered.

There has been zero moderation in his absence. I just let everyone say whatever they pleased. Occasionally when I had a bit of time I transferred shit to the shit zone.

I consider myself a failure as far as this forum is concerned. The rep system did not work, the infraction system did not work and when I tried to make the forum pay for itself instead of having to fork out $$$ every month by introducing paid membership the whole scheme blew up in my face because I was naive enough to believe that the majority of those who paid would have a vested interest in seeing the forum succeed and would help me out in keeping the place going.

Instead what I got was an army of clones who banned scores of innocent members on a daily basis by infracting them to death. I spent hours unbanning them.

I have given up trying to run the forum. Those who don't like how it operates now please leave. Those who are happy please stay. I don't have the time nor the energy nor the years left to keep having to explain things.

If you're not happy vote with your feet. I wish you the very best wherever you decide to take up residency.

Come on, it was and still is a good place to be. Admittedly these last few months were overly rowdy but there are rules now to respect. You provided an important outlet where one could get relief, learn and share stuff.

scroobye

Alfrescian
Loyal
You would not believe just how irritating it is to log in every morning and see threads full of the same old shit.

You know the nicks... Jah (racist shit), Jw5 (needy etc etc), Golden dragon (all sorts of rubbish), escher (piano wire etc -he's gone thank goodness) etc.

I ended up joining the bandwagon with my usual "ang mohs are the best" rubbish. I had absolutely no incentive whatsoever to actually engage in civilised conversation.

This effort is one last gasp. If it doesn't work that's it. There are plenty of other platforms now. Unlike the early days Singapore does not need this forum anymore. There are hundreds of sites plus facebook, twitter etc to curse the government on.

Those who like this forum are welcome to try to make things work. Those who don't can leave. When the dust settles we'll see whether it is worth the USD400 it costs every month to operate. If it isn't I'll move on.

compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

With the exception of escher in which you personally reprimanded him the rest you didn't do anything to them when they posted with the exception of Jah and his banning did not have anything to do with any racist postings and also you left Golden dragon untouched even when he posts all sorts of rubbish. Jah's banning was due to this post.
http://singsupplies.com/showthread....ow-to-be-a-Tua-Pau-Xian&p=2442805#post2442805

Aren't you the one who tells everyone else to ignore a certain nick if it bothers them? You couldn't do the same?

The recent bannings have more to do with my namesake but what is even more telling is the lopsided banning. Then perhaps going on from there you decide to use the recent bannings as an excuse to ban even more monikers for whatever reason or for personal reasons which is the worst type of reasoning because it is then bias.

Ground rules should be set and they should be applied fair and evenly. Take post number #4 by the moniker jholmesjr which clearly violated the rules set here whereby this thread is supposed to be about a serious discussion yet engaged in flaming/trolling and remains unbanned that is certainly unfair and i have a feeling he knows he is untouchable hence the lack of fear in throwing in an insult even in this thread.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
My apologies, Samuel…the thread was buried on page 4 or something….must be all that glue i have been sniffing.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I used to put in a lot of effort into my posts for the benefit of the opposition.

The "crumbling of Singapore" thread was my favorite

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?106287-Crumbling-of-Singapore

Tracy did an excellent job of raising points for the opposition. I did my best to present how the man on the street viewed the PAP.

It culminated in GE2015 and the results were indeed interesting.

I miss these sorts of threads.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have been banned for 2 days for this post so if you're Mark Andrew it means I've banned a member of your army here. How's that for impartiality.

When had I ever challenged your impartiality? I feel aggrieved for this ban. Like the fucking gays here I think I want to die! I came back because scroobal came back. Hey if you are not happy please ban all my nicks permanently. PM me and I will surrender them.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I guess the banning is pretty much like a speeding ticket.

If you drive a WRX with noisy exhaust you're more likely to be marked and tailed by the traffic enforcement.

If you drive a toyota corolla you're more likely to get away with it.

Whenever someone is stopped the question is always asked "why me? The other cars were going even faster?".

I'll do my best to spread the joy. It it appears biased it's because I could have some prejudices that I am not conscious of or it could be because I did not see some other offending post. There are hundreds of message posted daily. I only see a small number just as there are hundreds of cars driving along the motorway but only one or two get pulled over.

Those who are banned should simply take the medicine and come back when the ban is over or if they're angry and offended then don't come back.

I'll never please everyone.

compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

With the exception of escher in which you personally reprimanded him the rest you didn't do anything to them when they posted with the exception of Jah and his banning did not have anything to do with any racist postings and also you left Golden dragon untouched even when he posts all sorts of rubbish. Jah's banning was due to this post.
http://singsupplies.com/showthread....ow-to-be-a-Tua-Pau-Xian&p=2442805#post2442805

Aren't you the one who tells everyone else to ignore a certain nick if it bothers them? You couldn't do the same?

The recent bannings have more to do with my namesake but what is even more telling is the lopsided banning. Then perhaps going on from there you decide to use the recent bannings as an excuse to ban even more monikers for whatever reason or for personal reasons which is the worst type of reasoning because it is then bias.

Ground rules should be set and they should be applied fair and evenly. Take post number #4 by the moniker jholmesjr which clearly violated the rules set here whereby this thread is supposed to be about a serious discussion yet engaged in flaming/trolling and remains unbanned that is certainly unfair and i have a feeling he knows he is untouchable hence the lack of fear in throwing in an insult even in this thread.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couple Of Points:

1. No proof is needed because as the forum owner has said before, "nobody is on trial here".

2. Debonerman and scroobal are monikers used by the same person. But as the forum owner mentioned earlier, it doesn't matter, and I agree. :wink:

Wriggling out ai? Pussy!.......LOL......LOL

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
When had I ever challenged your impartiality? I feel aggrieved for this ban. Like the fucking gays here I think I want to die! I came back because scroobal came back. Hey if you are not happy please ban all my nicks permanently. PM me and I will surrender them.

No personal attacks in a thread marked as "serious". It that too difficult to understand? I said it in the opening post. Take your ban like a man. It's only 48 hours. If you're not happy then leave. You don't need to surrender anything. Just don't log on anymore. Your nicks will die a natural death in your absence.

scroobye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kindly show proof or verification of your allegations. If you are unable to meet the challenge it answers why we have so much contempt for you and your ilk.

Thank you for saving me the effort to explain why I call you a sub human homosexual piss of a species. You want to play psychology game I have to sadly inform you it sucks.

Couple of pointers here. Look at the sheer audacity of this moniker here in engaging in an argument in the very same thread with the header serious and started to address such issues. It is like say committing a crime in full view of a police officer or the chief of police. The interesting aspect is why would he do this? I think most people with an iota of intelligence wouldn't do that it isn't about intelligence but the fact that they think they have special privileges/power that is why they do that.

Forcing your hand here i guess. I mean despite your biasness in which you have proclaimed that you don't have any that one was too obvious and in your face you had to do something. :rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Couple of pointers here. Look at the sheer audacity of this moniker here in engaging in an argument in the very same thread with the header serious and started to address such issues. It is like say committing a crime in full view of a police officer or the chief of police. The interesting aspect is why would he do this? I think most people with an iota of intelligence wouldn't do that it isn't about intelligence but the fact that they think they have special privileges/power that is why they do that.

Forcing your hand here i guess. I mean despite your biasness in which you have proclaimed that you don't have any that one was too obvious and in your face you had to do something. :rolleyes:
I already told you I don't read every thread. Much of what goes on here passes unnoticed. There are days when close to a thousand messages are posted and I don't read a single one because I'm busy doing database or server maintenance. However if I see a post appearing before my eyes of course I take action.

Again... if you're not happy LEAVE. Nobody is forced to be here. To be honest people like you are a real pain.... you get satisfaction by bitching rather than helping. It's a common trait but it's pathetic.

nufala

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys are just making it difficult for Sam putting him in a Catch-22 situation. Give him some breathing space can or not?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You guys are just making it difficult for Sam putting him in a Catch-22 situation. Give him some breathing space can or not?

I see it simply as normal singaporean behavior. It is why the PAP can hold on to power. The reason why there are scores of half baked opposition parties instead of a united front is because everybody wants their own little soap box to bitch about what they are not happy with while nobody actually does anything constructive or helpful.

scroobye

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already told you I don't read every thread. Much of what goes on here passes unnoticed. There are days when close to a thousand messages are posted and I don't read a single one because I'm busy doing database or server maintenance. However if I see a post appearing before my eyes of course I take action.

Again... if you're not happy LEAVE. Nobody is forced to be here. To be honest people like you are a real pain.... you get satisfaction by bitching rather than helping. It's a common trait but it's pathetic.

I don't want this to drag on into some type of long protracted argument type of thing but still i need to show case the logical aspects of it.

Asking someone to simply leave is indirectly an admission of what you were accused and even more telling something like a challenge.

Now for the 2nd part.

You say i get satisfaction by bitching rather than helping. May i ask you how do you expect me to help? I am not a mod/admin how would i help? I suppose you expect me to consul the 2 monikers that got banned earlier and to say i get satisfaction by bitching? Excuse me i don't control the moniker "debonerman" you want me to consul him? If he comes in with his usual nonsense i will raise it up and likewise his camp will do the same thing if the other side does it.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I don't want this to drag on into some type of long protracted argument type of thing but still i need to show case the logical aspects of it.

Asking someone to simply leave is indirectly an admission of what you were accused and even more telling something like a challenge.

Now for the 2nd part.

You say i get satisfaction by bitching rather than helping. May i ask you how do you expect me to help? I am not a mod/admin how would i help? I suppose you expect me to consul the 2 monikers that got banned earlier and to say i get satisfaction by bitching? Excuse me i don't control the moniker "debonerman" you want me to consul him? If he comes in with his usual nonsense i will raise it up and likewise his camp will do the same thing if the other side does it.

Very simple.. use the "report post" feature when you see someone causing problems. Even if I don't read the email immediately I still have a link to offending threads which I can use to pass judgement.

I also admit to some bias once in a while. It can't be helped.

scroobye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very simple.. use the "report post" feature when you see someone causing problems. Even if I don't read the email immediately I still have a link to offending threads which I can use to pass judgement.

I also admit to some bias once in a while. It can't be helped.

Thanks. I want to be helpful now.

I would like to report a post here for everyone to see by the moniker "jholmesjr" because it is so blatant and occured so quickly after discussing about the issue here in this thread.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....ing-colleague-by-spreading-lies-of-her-online

This thread is started with the word "serious" yet you can read this. Post #3 of that thread

Looks like The Chigger got a lot of spare time on his hands now…harassing nice little minahs like this.

Again from post #1 of this thread

It has not been explained and most don't know what the fuck is going on so here's the explanation.

The "serious zone" is dead. While the concept is sound it is too idealistic to expect people to post in a section which is a lot quieter than the main coffee shop. Everybody wants page views and responses.

The serious section will therefore be merged with the cafe.

However thread starters have the option of deciding what sort of direction they want their thread to take.

If they don't mind some light hearted banter, jokes, sarcasm, trading of insults etc then they choose the "chitchat" prefix.

If they would like to keep their thread on topic and free of distractions and stupid comments, then prefix it "serious" and the mods will penalise those who try to hijack the thread with their vendettas.

Simple and straightforward. Thanks everyone for putting in an effort to make this work.

PS: I have tagged this thread "serious" so sane and rational responses only please. If you have some smart alec remarks to make start your own thread about this subject.

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Impartiality is not having an asshole admin who thinks he is morally right than other people, happy happy ban people who called him a simpleton, and give lousy excuses for banning by saying the members disrupting the topics but yet overlooked his dog debonerman cursing peoples mother and father.

Seriously Ah Leong, why you still taking Screwball's shits har? Is he half owner of this forum? Just be frank about it. _|_