• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chiobu AMDL traveller denied entry to Bali over tiny passport detail

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

British traveller denied entry to Bali over tiny passport detail​

‘I travel all the time and I didn’t even notice it. Trying not to cry right now.’

Cindy Tran / Updated 1 day ago

A British traveller has detailed how her 10-day holiday to Bali was ruined after she was barred from boarding a flight due to a tiny mark on her passport.

Emma Doherty was set to fly from Sydney to Indonesia - but she claimed she was turned away after the “tiniest” water damage was found on her passport.

“So I’ve just been rejected on my flight to Bali,” the fitness coach said in a TikTok video.

“Basically there was a tiny bit of water damage at the bottom of my passport, I didn’t even notice it. I travel all the time and it’s never been mentioned to me before.

“Obviously I’m really upset, I’m gutted. I’ve just been sat here crying for the last 15 minutes. But I’m just going to tell myself that everything happens for a reason and I wasn’t meant to get on the flight today
user posted image

According to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, normal wear and tear should not be a problem - but more serious damage can stop you from travelling.

However, Bali has some of the strictest passport regulations - as airlines can face hefty fines if they bring passengers into the country with damaged passports.

”I literally got told that if they’d let me into Bali, the security in the airport would have put me into a cell,” Emma said.

“Apparently Bali airport are really strict and they are known for putting people into a cell if they don’t like your passport.

“I have no idea what to do or where to go. Trying not to cry right now but whatever I’d rather be stranded in Sydney than detained in a Balinese cell.”

Emma is now making the most of Sydney before jets off.

By sharing her experience, she wanted to remind everyone to always check their passports.

“I guess if you guys are heading to Bali, just make sure you triple check your passport that there is no damage, no marks, no water or anything on your passport because they won’t let you in,” Emma warned.

“And if they do, you will end up in a Bali cell.”

user posted image

Her video has been viewed more than 1.2 million times - with many sharing their horror stories.

“I had the same landed in Bali had to wait in a cell until I could get a flight out,” one said.

Another revealed: “I travelled from Ireland and got though all the countries okay until I got to Bali and they denied me. I got in eventually but what I went though you won’t believe,” one said.

One shared: “My partner’s passport page was a little bit ripped and they also didn’t let him board the flight to Bali.”

Another suggested: “This is terrifying - had no idea that was even a thing.”

While one added: “Most fraudulent passports have water damage to make them look real, I learnt that from Border Security Australia.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/7news....bali-over-tiny-passport-detail-c-11092704.amp