• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese ship sinks Vietnamese boat

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like the situation is escalating. If this goes on, it will be soon before more forceful methods will be utilized, by both sides. I wonder who will be the one to tone down their pitch.

Cheers!

http://asia.nikkei.com/Politics-Eco...ks-Vietnamese-fishing-boat-in-South-China-Sea

May 27, 2014 4:47 am JST

Chinese ship sinks Vietnamese fishing boat in South China Sea

MANABU ITO, Nikkei staff writer

HANOI -- A Chinese vessel rammed and sank a Vietnamese fishing boat off the coast of Vietnam on Monday afternoon, the first sinking of a ship in the conflict over disputed waters in the South China Sea.
The state-run Tuoi Tre newspaper reported the incident online. Chinese and Vietnamese ships have clashed repeatedly since Beijing pushed ahead with the installation of an oil rig early this month in waters claimed by Hanoi.
The boat had sailed from the city of Da Nang for a fishing expedition. At about 4 p.m. local time, it was surrounded by 40 Chinese ships roughly 31km from the site of the rig and rammed violently. The boat took severe damage and sank, but the 10 crew members were rescued by other fishing vessels.
A standoff between 113 Chinese ships and 60 Vietnamese vessels in the same waters continued Monday. The Chinese boats have been crashing into and firing water cannons at the Vietnamese ships, and a Vietnamese fisheries surveillance ship was also damaged.
The area remains very tense, according to Vietnam's coast guard.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Perhaps that 'fishing boat' was assigned by the Viet govt to test water. :wink:

Its already in water, test what water? Ohhhhhh I see I see like Gay Loong assigned TCJ to reply about that CPF thingy and ended up sunk in deep shot water, ok I see your point.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the fishing boat was out to do his daily work - to fish. The Chinese are asserting their power and claim, and nothing is going to stop them. I kinda feel sorry for the Vietnamese in this situation, lowly stationed peasant fishermen against a Chinese oil corporation backed by the Chinese navy. The Chinese have the power and might to put their foot down and in the region, there is no similar heavyweight power to match and check her. The fishing boat could have been testing the water, and having done so, it was sunk!

Cheers!

Perhaps that 'fishing boat' was assigned by the Viet govt to test water. :wink:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the fishing boat was out to do his daily work - to fish. The Chinese are asserting their power and claim, and nothing is going to stop them. I kinda feel sorry for the Vietnamese in this situation, lowly stationed peasant fishermen against a Chinese oil corporation backed by the Chinese navy. The Chinese have the power and might to put their foot down and in the region, there is no similar heavyweight power to match and check her. The fishing boat could have been testing the water, and having done so, it was sunk!

Cheers!

Vietnam has been drilling oil in disputed water despite agreement that all sides refrain from carrying out such activities. China kept to her part of the promise but Vietnam didn't. BTW this is the first oil drill exploration for China in SCS. They are just doing what Vietnam and Pinoy had been doing over the past 10 years.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm waiting for large fireworks in that region. Those bastard Chinks are indeed biased. The Taiwanese is building a seaport nearby, but they just kept quiet about it.

They can go and fuck their dreams and hallucinate about their unification with Taiwan, unless by force.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
PetroVietnam has been in operations for two or three decades already, in some joint-operations with MNCs and other countries. If they have operated in disputed territories, they have not made big headlines. This case of the Chinese oil rig in disputed territory has.

Cheers!

Vietnam has been drilling oil in disputed water despite agreement that all sides refrain from carrying out such activities. China kept to her part of the promise but Vietnam didn't. BTW this is the first oil drill exploration for China in SCS. They are just doing what Vietnam and Pinoy had been doing over the past 10 years.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm waiting for large fireworks in that region. Those bastard Chinks are indeed biased. The Taiwanese is building a seaport nearby, but they just kept quiet about it.

You're indeed retarded. According to the CCP, Taiwan belongs to China. So any seaport that Taiwanese builds belongs to China. Any piece of land that the Taiwanese claims in the S. China Sea belongs to China. China would be slapping its own face if it were to criticize the building of infrastructure it owns on land that it owns by its own people residing in a territory that it claims.

Vietnam and the Philippines are rival sovereign states, so any move to encroach on Chinese territory would be seen as hostile, even an act of war.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PetroVietnam has been in operations for two or three decades already, in some joint-operations with MNCs and other countries. If they have operated in disputed territories, they have not made big headlines.

It's a no-brainer: these western MNCs stood to profit hugely from the explorations. Headlines will only be made if the other major disputing party stands up and protests, which is what China is now doing, now that its economic might in translating into military prowess.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're indeed retarded. According to the CCP, Taiwan belongs to China. So any seaport that Taiwanese builds belongs to China. Any piece of land that the Taiwanese claims in the S. China Sea belongs to China. China would be slapping its own face if it were to criticize the building of infrastructure it owns on land that it owns by its own people residing in a territory that it claims.
Don't talk like a kindergarten kid. Your brain is full of m&d inside. Until today, Taiwan's constitution still don't recognize itself as part of China. Show me otherwise, or else, shut up.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
this has to happen someday, it happen before!

h1DAFA49A

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't talk like a kindergarten kid. Your brain is full of m&d inside. Until today, Taiwan's constitution still don't recognize itself as part of China. Show me otherwise, or else, shut up.

Did I mention Taiwanese constitution, retard? You said PRC didn't protest. I said the PRC didn't protest because the Chinese Communist Party sees Taiwan as its province, so any seaport building by Taiwan will be seen as a PRC-approved move.

Taiwan's constitution doesn't enter the equation, dickhead. I was talking from the PRC angle: if you claim Taiwan as your own province, how can you protest your own province's decision to build a seaport without looking like a fool internationally?

If I claim that my brother's property is also mine, am I going to make noise if he makes some renovations or extend his property boundary? There's really no hope for the PAP IB if they continue to recruit boneheads like you.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
this has to happen someday, it happen before!

Hoping not. It is not good for either nation or the region to have any physical confrontation.

Cheers!

http://thanhniennews.com/politics/v...e-china-over-oil-rig-house-speaker-26618.html

Vietnam preparing to sue China over oil rig: house speaker

Sunday, May 25, 2014 13:00

The spokesman for Vietnam's national legislature has announced that the country is taking its final steps toward filing an international lawsuit against China for towing an oil rig into Vietnamese waters and attacking Vietnamese vessels.

Vietnam is finalizing the documents necessary to file a suit in international court according to Nguyen Hanh Phuc, the chief of staff of Vietnam's National Assembly, who made the announcement to reporters on the sidelines of a legislative meeting held Saturday.
“If China makes no move to pull its oil rig out of Vietnamese waters, we have to act,” Tuoi Tre quoted Phuc as saying.
And by acting, he said, he means taking peaceful, diplomatic measures in accordance with international law.
“I’m confident we have enough historical and legal evidence,” he said.
China placed the US$1-billion Haiyang Shiyou 981 oil rig over in Vietnam’s continental shelf on May 2 and has since sent dozens of boats (including military vessels) to guard it.
The protective flotilla round the rig has fired water cannons and rammed Vietnamese police and surveillance boats dispatched to intervene.
“It’s time China change its analysis of this situation. What will the world think of a country that behaves in this way? China must reconsider its actions or face self-imposed isolation.”
Vietnamese leaders, including Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung, have called for international support in pushing China to step back.
“It’s time China change its analysis of this situation. What will the world think of a country that behaves in this way? China must reconsider its actions or face self-imposed isolation.”
Vietnam has also issued statements of gratitude to the countries that have leant their support, including the US, Japan and the Philippines.
Phuc dismissed rumors that a group of Vietnamese legislators are meeting with their Chinese counterparts to discuss the matter.
He said several lawmakers have proposed to beefing up the nation's defense forces, which he considered a reasonable move given the circumstances.
However, he also warned that, in order to have peace, Vietnamese forces need to be as patient as it takes.
“We love peace. We wish for a friendly relationship between the Chinese and Vietnamese people. I consider the Chinese community in Vietnam Vietnamese people and I think they support cause.”

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did I mention Taiwanese constitution, retard? You said PRC didn't protest. I said the PRC didn't protest because the Chinese Communist Party sees Taiwan as its province, so any seaport building by Taiwan will be seen as a PRC-approved move.

If I claim that my brother's property is also mine, am I going to make noise if he makes some renovations or extend his property boundary?
That's why I's still say your brain is full of m&d inside. Do you think Taiwan will allow the Chinks to have free access and use of the seaport without any diplomatic restrictions? You are hallucinating just like the Chinks, but the Taiwanese will think and act differently from the Chinks' envision. Don't be a coward Chinese and think that every thing of others also belongs to you, even your brother's property.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why I's still say your brain is full of m&d inside. Do you think Taiwan will allow the Chinks to have free access and use of the seaport without any diplomatic restrictions? You are hallucinating just like the Chinks.

You have chip on your shoulder like most local Indians.

What does free access have to do with China's response? With or without free access, China cannot say to the world "Taiwan is my province" and in the same breath condemn Taiwan for building a seaport. Because if Taiwan belongs to China, then that seaport belongs to China – from the PRC perspective – and you don't protest against your own seaport! Whether in reality there is access or not.

How moronic can you get!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
taiwan is still officially the Republic of China. Both PRC and ROC claim to represent China. So is that clear to mr winners liao?

as for the vietnamese boat sank by the PRC, it cannot be a innocent fishing boat. If limpeh a proud owner of a fishing boat, i wont sail it to a place where navies of both nations are contesting no matter how rich the fish are. It not worth the danger at all. it better it have a smaller catch but still have a mean to catch fish in the forseeable future.

dont be take in official govt statements, both nations fishing fleets are taken over by the govt agencies.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
taiwan is still officially the Republic of China. Both PRC and ROC claim to represent China. So is that clear to mr winners liao?
Then, can you explain to me why China is still talking about the reunification with Taiwan today? Isn't it a redundant process? Why also are their governments being run separately and independently? I would respect your claim above if you can logically answer to all the above.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal

So does not the UN recognize the Taiwan's constitution..

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then, can you explain to me why China is still talking about the reunification with Taiwan today? Isn't it a redundant process? Why also are their governments being run separately and independently? I would respect your claim above if you can logically answer to all the above.

Reunification under CCP rule.

Two political parties
fighting over ​one turf.