• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Chinese Chicken Curry

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I've eaten curry cooked with pandan leaves and curry leaves but haven't tried any curry cooked without curry leaves.

Yes curry leaves very important

Thailand despite its food laden with Thai herbs Thais have actually not heard of nor seen curry leaves of plant therefore I could not get any here. However I’ve brought 2 saplings home many years ago and they are healthy and I use them for all my currys.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Richie's Crispy Puff
Blk 47 Tanglin Halt Rd, #01-325, Singapore 141047
one of the best place for curry puff but they do serve spicy curry with lotsa curry leave. only thing is the chicken meats r what you pay and what you get. curry is thick though. serving portion still a tad more than what they gives at Queensway Shopping Center. For $3+ compared to $5 you have to pay at kallang airport and bendemeer market, it's still platable. More imprt, it's opened 24 hours.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Love this dish and finding it hard to get these sort of fare in Singapore. Looks like this will die with our parents.

Anyone has not ideas - typically it is red curry with lots of potatoes.

Love this dish too and is the first thing I try when at a seldom visited HC. Unfortunately no outstanding ones so far. The one at Redhill close HC and Whampoa drive HC are among better ones. The lavender Road HC horrible AF, the dishwater actually looked good after that.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Love this dish and finding it hard to get these sort of fare in Singapore. Looks like this will die with our parents.

Anyone has not ideas - typically it is red curry with lots of potatoes.

Let me kai seow you this spicy & exotic Nyonya chicken dish.

Just prepared it for my weekend dinner.

If you're interested I can share the recipe with you.

chicken_lemon_grass.jpg

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
more to add...

727 Ang Mo Kio Ave 6, Singapore 560727 Foodcourt

Chong Boon Market, AMK Ave 3/ Ave 10 - Claypot fare

Tuas Amenity Centre, Tuas Basin Link Claypot fare - my all time fav

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That looks really delicious. Will be glad to get hold of the recipe Bro.

Let me kai seow you this spicy & exotic Nyonya chicken dish.

Just prepared it for my weekend dinner.

If you're interested I can share the recipe with you.

chicken_lemon_grass.jpg

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like you know food well. Great stuff bro. .

Circa 2000, I had some days to clear leave which was carried over from the previous year. I decided to compile a list of dishes some common but at hawkers that I have never patronised. Thanks to the internet and contributions from this forum I did the rounds covering about 10 days. It was great. There were occasional disappointment but most were spot on. Came across a chicken rice stall in a coffeeshop in deep in Bukit Merah Estate that was sensational. Now closed.

There was one memorable incident where someone recommended a chicken rice stall deep in Senoko in HC in an industrial estate. I saw the place was packed. When I saw the chicken served, I changed my mind and left. It was Hainanese chicken but it was close to bloody. Apparently it had a following.

But the best Wanton Mee, old school was out in Singapore, one in Batu Pahat (still going strong) and another at Bayswater (now closed) opposite Hyde Park introduced by a Malaysian couple. Its was run by an ex-Singaporean.

more to add...

727 Ang Mo Kio Ave 6, Singapore 560727 Foodcourt

Chong Boon Market, AMK Ave 3/ Ave 10 - Claypot fare

Tuas Amenity Centre, Tuas Basin Link Claypot fare - my all time fav