• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[China] - Condo buyers expecting a beautiful lake (as shown in advert photos) turns out to be a sheet of blue plastic on ground

RogerK

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can make profit but can’t take out the money. that’s exactly what happens to my friend. bought a big house in shaghai when he was posted there as a sexpat. now it’s worth many times more than what he paid. he sold it early this year but the cash is stuck in a prc bank. he’s now back in u.s. and low on cash.

After selling the property in Shanghai, work with the banker on how to move the money out of China. All the banker need is the authorisation code issued by the government department. Once the code is issued, there is a limited window to get the money out.

It may be abit troublesome. But it is simply an administrative process - need to be there a few rounds. Ask you friend to check it out quickly.

I did that when I sold my Shanghai villa.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After selling the property in Shanghai, work with the banker on how to move the money out of China. All the banker need is the authorisation code issued by the government department. Once the code is issued, there is a limited window to get the money out.

It may be abit troublesome. But it is simply an administrative process - need to be there a few rounds. Ask you friend to check it out quickly.

I did that when I sold my Shanghai villa.
thanks! he’s working with a bank to get his money out. at first was told authorisation code not granted when he was there for 3 weeks to sell house and transfer proceeds to bank. he may have to go back again and spend another few weeks working the process again.

RogerK

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks! he’s working with a bank to get his money out. at first was told authorisation code not granted when he was there for 3 weeks to sell house and transfer proceeds to bank. he may have to go back again and spend another few weeks working the process again.

If he has trouble getting the authorisation code because the window to apply for one expired, PM me and I can share with you another way of getting the money out ... slowly in another country currency. This method is a slow and tedious process but you get the money in the currency you want - no control over the exchange rate though.