• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Chili Sauce : Pls share what's your Fave..

jw5

Loyal
This is the bestest with pizza and pasta. :biggrin:

03009---original-red-60ml_pdp_wr_1.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nope. Shanghainese are 重口味. The Chinese that can't handle spicy food are the southern Cantonese and teochew folks
all my shaghighnese friends and neighbors cunt handle chili in their meals. only one is converted to szechuan cuisine when she took the brave step of having spicy meals dishes at the first tiong-owned szechuan restaurant in palo alto. that restaurant has moved to san mateo. i had to coax and seduce her into it. it's like addiction or substance abuse. once she's hooked on it she swears by it. just 6.9 weeks ago had home-cooked dinner at shaghighnese couple's home. very authentic, and the spread is typical shaghighnese, but not one iota of chili or spiciness.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
all my shaghighnese friends and neighbors cunt handle chili in their meals. only one is converted to szechuan cuisine when she took the brave step of having spicy meals dishes at the first tiong-owned szechuan restaurant in palo alto. that restaurant has moved to san mateo. i had to coax and seduce her into it. it's like addiction or substance abuse. once she's hooked on it she swears by it. just 6.9 weeks ago had home-cooked dinner at shaghighnese couple's home. very authentic, and the spread is typical shaghighnese, but not one iota of chili or spiciness.
Lol...:biggrin:

My face shanghainese dish is 油爆鳝糊. Its a eel stirfry dish with bamboo shoots, aged ham, garlic, and ginger, and topped with hot sizzling oil. Super shiok when she makes this for me and heavenly when eaten with jasmine white rice...:biggrin:

eel-stir-fry-shanghai.jpg

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
1543982880700.png

Very good and hot!
And very nice tasting too.
The green chili also nice.
But warning, I eat and like Scot Bonnet , Bhut jolokia, habenaro etc etc

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
1543983344200.png

This is also very very good and tasty.
Nice and hot as well.
But seemed not to be stocked in Stinkapore any more.
Anyone see this here please inform this thread as I will buy more of this

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
View attachment 49854

This is also very very good and tasty.
Nice and hot as well.
But seemed not to be stocked in Stinkapore any more.
Anyone see this here please inform this thread as I will buy more of this
老干妈 has a chilli and black bean flavour which I find too salty as a sauce (bought it by mistake). But my friend has uses it to stir fry with pork and it's pretty good. can give it a try

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you use this for? As a dip or as marinade?
In the morning porridge split lentils quinoa millet, and dinner soup noodles.
Put half cube ikan bilis in cup of water for porrridge.
add vinegar, ginger garlic black bean sauce, shrimp paste , sar char sauce and that chili sauce one teaspoon. and chili padi chopped 2 or 3
Lots of little bits of meat roast pork egg braised pork clams scallops tofu prawns pigs head inside porridge or soup noodles until the spoon can stand up. in porridge or soup noodles

Had to use 800cc of water for soup noodle with extra half soup cube or else no space to add noodles.
And still the spoon stand up. Little vege as I a fucking carnivore , and enough vege in chili and garlic and ginger and roasted onions

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the chili flake in chili oil kind of sauce you find in HK dimsum restaurants. But some flavours can taste a bit 麻辣 .. This is really good stuff to go with fried rice and noodles. Your ATB FB will surely know of this brand
Hey which flavour u recommend? Some got meat Inside etc..so please advise

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chili flakes only is original flavour? The one use at dim sum places is that the one?
I think that's the original 老干妈. But if you are after the hongkie dimsum kind you can also explore the chilli oil sauce by Leekumkee .. flavour wise I prefer the former because it has more msg. LOL