• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chiam See Tong Still Looking for Mas Selamat?

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really sad to see CST fighting in this state... I'm going to show him my support tonight.

Just came back from SPP rally at Jurong West.

Initially, I thought that Chiam is only physically weak but I could be wrong.

In his speech tonight, he had called for WKS to take responsibility for the escape of MSK and he asked where is Mas Selamat now. Is he senile or just suffering from memory lapse?

http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1kopitiam/messages?msg=49105.1

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JvMn27ZR9CA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
No no no....he was sharp enough to ask whether MSK is being held In the same Whitley resort he escaped from. What the PAP Wong also don't resign had said was that MSK is now being held in maximum security with a camera poked into his arse permanently.

Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really sad to see CST fighting in this state... I'm going to show him my support tonight.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JvMn27ZR9CA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One who should live out his days in peace is still fighting for Singaporeans while the other who can't stand on his own feet without security dogs holding him up is still fighting for his own familee.

Last edited:

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chiam has forgotten Mas Selamat questions in Parliament: DPM Wong

SINGAPORE - The issue is three years old, the questions surrounding it dealt with over several parliamentary sittings. So why is Opposition Member of Parliament (MP) Chiam See Tong revisiting the issue of Mas Selamat Kastari's (picture) 2008 escape now?

This was Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng's take on Mr Chiam's call for voters to hold Mr Wong - who was then Home Affairs Minister - to account for the debacle.

The matter, said Mr Wong yesterday, was addressed in April 2008 when the Committee of Inquiry's report was released. "I stood before Parliament for three hours answering questions. Plenty of opportunities were given to the MPs to ask questions, and subsequently in several other Parliament sittings in which the subject of Mas Selamat was also raised ... which I dealt with directly."

"There were many other sittings, and there were as many opportunities as possible, and indeed Parliament didn't get dissolved until the 19th of this month," added Mr Wong, who had previously noted that Mr Chiam had only asked one question in Parliament on the affair. "Three years have passed! I remember April 21, 2008 to April 19, 2011."

Mr Chiam has recently asked why heads did not roll following the escape of the Jemaah Islamiyah leader from the Whitley Road Detention Centre on Feb 27, 2008. Not true, Mr Wong pointed out. "Indeed they have. I think he has forgotten. He was present in Parliament after the disciplinary process ... Look up the records, he must have heard; I answered the question of heads will roll."

Mr Wong, who is also Coordinating Minister for National Security, acknowledged that public dissatisfaction over the security lapse remains high but reiterated he has taken responsibility for it.

"It's not for the minister to say 'I punish you this, that and other'. No. I'm not in charge of the staff, the promotion, the punishment, the rewards and the pay. There is a process. There is a group of people in charge (of this)."

He added: "I think I went over this before and I don't want to make another long statement over this ... I think it's best that I give (Mr Chiam) the benefit of the doubt that he has forgotten."

Mr Wong also called for the incident to be put into perspective: Despite an estimated 160 million people - or about 400,000 daily - passing through Singapore's 17 or so checkpoints, "Singapore remains a safe place, people feel secure".

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chiam has forgotten Mas Selamat questions in Parliament: DPM Wong

SINGAPORE - The issue is three years old, the questions surrounding it dealt with over several parliamentary sittings. So why is Opposition Member of Parliament (MP) Chiam See Tong revisiting the issue of Mas Selamat Kastari's (picture) 2008 escape now?

This was Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng's take on Mr Chiam's call for voters to hold Mr Wong - who was then Home Affairs Minister - to account for the debacle.

The matter, said Mr Wong yesterday, was addressed in April 2008 when the Committee of Inquiry's report was released. "I stood before Parliament for three hours answering questions. Plenty of opportunities were given to the MPs to ask questions, and subsequently in several other Parliament sittings in which the subject of Mas Selamat was also raised ... which I dealt with directly."

"There were many other sittings, and there were as many opportunities as possible, and indeed Parliament didn't get dissolved until the 19th of this month," added Mr Wong, who had previously noted that Mr Chiam had only asked one question in Parliament on the affair. "Three years have passed! I remember April 21, 2008 to April 19, 2011."

Mr Chiam has recently asked why heads did not roll following the escape of the Jemaah Islamiyah leader from the Whitley Road Detention Centre on Feb 27, 2008. Not true, Mr Wong pointed out. "Indeed they have. I think he has forgotten. He was present in Parliament after the disciplinary process ... Look up the records, he must have heard; I answered the question of heads will roll."

Mr Wong, who is also Coordinating Minister for National Security, acknowledged that public dissatisfaction over the security lapse remains high but reiterated he has taken responsibility for it.

"It's not for the minister to say 'I punish you this, that and other'. No. I'm not in charge of the staff, the promotion, the punishment, the rewards and the pay. There is a process. There is a group of people in charge (of this)."

He added: "I think I went over this before and I don't want to make another long statement over this ... I think it's best that I give (Mr Chiam) the benefit of the doubt that he has forgotten."

Mr Wong also called for the incident to be put into perspective: Despite an estimated 160 million people - or about 400,000 daily - passing through Singapore's 17 or so checkpoints, "Singapore remains a safe place, people feel secure".

A perfect example of a short arse covering his!

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was the moment when I was most disappointed with the Opposition. Both of them did not do their part and questioned the PAP for everything regarding the escape.

That was one of the moment where I was thinking if both of them are just for wayang. Instead of asking critical questions, CST asked about if they used dogs?

On the same issue, opposition MP Chiam See Tong asked why tracker dogs were not used in the manhunt.

Mr Wong replied that he is not an expert on tracker dogs and he could only inform the House based on what he has been told by the professionals.

He said: "The moment the escape was discovered, the guards turned out and searched the area, with lots of people on the ground. I was advised by professionals that in those situations, no value would be added by tracker dogs. I was also told that tracker dogs were deployed in certain locations in the vicinity of the Whitley Road Detention Centre."

However, Mr Wong added that he would pass Mr Chiam's views and knowledge about tracker dogs to the police and let them assess whether it would indeed be beneficial to use them in such situations.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/342741/1/.html

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That was the moment when I was most disappointed with the Opposition. Both of them did not do their part and questioned the PAP for everything regarding the escape.

That was one of the moment where I was thinking if both of them are just for wayang. Instead of asking critical questions, CST asked about if they used dogs?
Only 2 against the whole house.
Each one spit, they might drown. We have seen how they laugh and ridicule them before.
The only solution is send as many opposition in as possible to address this imbalance.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only 2 against the whole house.
Each one spit, they might drown. We have seen how they laugh and ridicule them before.
The only solution is send as many opposition in as possible to address this imbalance.

yes brother, thats what happened!!! hope this time round to get more than half opposition in.

jw5

Loyal
It's about accountability or the lack of it.
I hope they continue pressing this point.

bedek05

Alfrescian
Loyal
very sad indeed . he is truly a warrior even at this age ...respect .

My admiration for CST has increased tremondously. Depite his age and health he is still able to lead a GRC team to contest in Bishan_Toa Payoh. A true Singaporean.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
One who should live out his days in peace is still fighting for Singaporeans while the other who can't stand on his own feet without security dogs holding him up is still fighting for his own familee.

Poor man! He should know when to call it a day. He is no Deng Xiaoping nor LKY!

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor man! He should know when to call it a day. He is no Deng Xiaoping nor LKY!

myo dog,

this type of por lumpar skills are too mild. u must improve quickly. general is looking to takeover your job soon.

come on CB pap dog, show some creativity. 1 sentence only. fucking idle. old man wun be pleased!!

Last edited: