• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chiam See Tong sets the record straight!!!!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chiam on closure of void-deck office

LAST Saturday's report ('All MPs can now rent void deck space') mentioned that I closed the office I built in 1985 at Block 108, Potong Pasir Avenue 1 for the Meet-the-People sessions (MPS).

This is untrue. The office was actually built by the HDB and not by me.

In 1992, the HDB swiftly demolished my MP's office within a day. This occurred a year after my former party (Singapore Democratic Party) won three seats in Parliament.

I was then forced to use the void deck, and this was where I conducted my MPS.

The premises had no toilet facilities and it was only in the last few years, through frugal savings by the Potong Pasir Town Council, that a toilet was built in that same void deck.

Chiam See Tong

FORUM NOTE: The writer was the MP for Potong Pasir from 1984 to 2011.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chiam on closure of void-deck office

LAST Saturday's report ('All MPs can now rent void deck space') mentioned that I closed the office I built in 1985 at Block 108, Potong Pasir Avenue 1 for the Meet-the-People sessions (MPS).

This is untrue. The office was actually built by the HDB and not by me.

In 1992, the HDB swiftly demolished my MP's office within a day. This occurred a year after my former party (Singapore Democratic Party) won three seats in Parliament.

I was then forced to use the void deck, and this was where I conducted my MPS.

The premises had no toilet facilities and it was only in the last few years, through frugal savings by the Potong Pasir Town Council, that a toilet was built in that same void deck.

Chiam See Tong

FORUM NOTE: The writer was the MP for Potong Pasir from 1984 to 2011.

The shame of our political "leaders" and their highly paid civil servants know no bounds.

Amakusa Kourin

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was a different era in 1991 when the old man was still firmly in charge, Goh still a puppet and who was the MND then?

Old Man sure is one ruthless and cowardly sore loser. The only crime that Chiam and JBJ did was to win elections fair and square. Once he crosses the gates, JBJ and Nair will be waiting or him. :biggrin:

Internet Brigade

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets be honest here. CST used this to milk sympathy votes all these years.

Do you honestly believe that he is unable to rent/borrow a premises for one night a week within his supposedly stronghold who love him deep deep??

He chose to stay at the void deck to make a very visual point.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lets be honest here. CST used this to milk sympathy votes all these years.

Do you honestly believe that he is unable to rent/borrow a premises for one night a week within his supposedly stronghold who love him deep deep??

He chose to stay at the void deck to make a very visual point.

hi there

1. bro, mr chiam may have used it as some strategy to beat the sheep at its own game.
2. come on! get real.
3. in the first place, who is playing fair?

Internet Brigade

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. bro, mr chiam may have used it as some strategy to beat the sheep at its own game.
2. come on! get real.
3. in the first place, who is playing fair?

This "he only did it because they did it more" argument is tiresome.

Just like how you dont want to listen to track record of PAP, but want to listen to track record of anyone whom apposes the PAP.

I am being real. Are you?

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Old Man sure is one ruthless and cowardly sore loser. The only crime that Chiam and JBJ did was to win elections fair and square. Once he crosses the gates, JBJ and Nair will be waiting or him. :biggrin:

JBJ and DN in a cul-de-sac with 2 hachets!! :eek:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This "he only did it because they did it more" argument is tiresome.

Just like how you dont want to listen to track record of PAP, but want to listen to track record of anyone whom apposes the PAP.

I am being real. Are you?

hi there

1. yes, you are being real!
2. i am just some fake here.
3. catch me if you can, bro.
4. what track record?

Internet Brigade

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. yes, you are being real!
2. i am just some fake here.
3. catch me if you can, bro.
4. what track record?

I have no beef with you, just the 'reasoning' people use to glorify the Opposition.

If an Opposition leader takes the bus, he is connected to the people.
If a PAP leader takes the bus, he is wayang-ing to get attention.

Relating back to CST, he chose to look pitiful inorder to score major brownie points. He looked pity not because he was destroyed by the PAP and all its organs.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no beef with you, just the 'reasoning' people use to glorify the Opposition.

If an Opposition leader takes the bus, he is connected to the people.
If a PAP leader takes the bus, he is wayang-ing to get attention.

Relating back to CST, he chose to look pitiful inorder to score major brownie points. He looked pity not because he was destroyed by the PAP and all its organs.

Hey u are the Internet Brigade. Really? Can u ban people?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

just like how lui tuck yew choose to look fucking ugly to score brownie points with the nerds.

Internet Brigade

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are classic example of how dumb PAP supporters are. First of all no one can rent the void deck space to built an office to conduct political activities including MPS. Why PAP can do it all these years? It is because go around the law in the name of PCF.

Don't be dumb and ignorant. You are the reason why PAP is bringing in FT in huge numbers.

"HDB announced in 1991 that political parties and trade associations would not be allocated void deck spaces.

These spaces, it had said, would be leased to ‘approved’ grassroots organisations and education foundations at subsidised rates, but at market rates to town councils and private childcare centres.

At that time, the HDB said it made the change after a policy review found demand for such premises was growing. Those affected had to move out by September 1992.

The change had come three months after the August 1991 General Election, which saw four opposition MPs being elected, including Mr Low and Mr Chiam See Tong in Potong Pasir.

The opposition MPs had protested against the change, saying it put them at a disadvantage because PAP MPs could use PCF kindergartens at void decks for their MPS.

The PAP MPs fired back and challenged the opposition to set up its own kindergartens."

Then would that make you the typical dumb opposition supporter whom cannot accept any argument except your own?

By premises i was referring to a private business owner. What is to stop a private business owner (e.g. laundry, private doctor, massage parlor...etc) from lending his premises once a week at night for CST to use? I thought CST is like a beloved God in potong Pasir. Was no one willing to help?

Who said MPS must be held in a void deck?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to disappoint. Only Sam Leong and i believe Scroobal have rights to ban people and collect your IP. :smile:

Sorry to disappoint u....many others like me can ban fuckers like u too. But having u around will be fun. Otherwise, there will be no PAPpy dogs to make fun of.