• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Cheng Bock Caught Red Handed Plotting Mischief With The Oppies! Time To Bring Him In For Questioning? GPGT

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
For these oppo front to succeed....ah bock needs to get rid of the strawmen. In this case NSP sebestian tan. Got more shit (Goh Meng SENG). Fat Desmond (SDA). If not it will not work.

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
kAxeG3V.png

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
when u hear the surname tan, it means a useless bugger dont waste time on TCB, Tony, JohnTan, Jullie Tan, all useless

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
gmtan0728.jpg

SINGAPORE - Seven Singapore opposition parties have come together to discuss the possibility of forming a coalition to contest the next general election, led by former People's Action Party MP and presidential candidate Tan Cheng Bock.

In a news release, the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) said that six other opposition parties were present at a meeting hosted at the SDP headquarters on Saturday (July 28).

These were: the People's Power Party (PPP), the Democratic Progressive Party, the Reform Party, the National Solidarity Party, the Singaporeans First Party, and former NSP chief Lim Tean, who has applied to form a new party - the People's Voice Party.

At the meeting, SDP Secretary-General Chee Soon Juan proposed that Dr Tan lead the coalition , given his experience and leadership. He also called for a joint resolution on the matter to be signed by opposition parties, although this was not signed on Saturday.

Dr Tan, 78, who attended the meeting as an observer, said: "If you want me to lead, then we must think of (the) country first. If we go in, we must go in as a team."

Dr Tan, a PAP MP of 26 years, lost the 2011 Presidential Election by 7,382 votes or 0.35 per cent. The four-corner election was won by Dr Tony Tan.

The largest opposition party, the Workers' Party, was not at the meeting. When contacted, WP did not comment on its plans for the proposed coalition, or whether it was invited to the meeting.

A spokesman for Dr Tan said that he is currently not a member of a political party. When contacted, PPP Secretary-General Goh Meng Seng said that it is too early to comment on whether he needs to join one of the parties in order to run in the next General Election, due by April 2021.

He added that discussions on an opposition coalition have been going on "for a long time" - since 2015 at least.

In the press statement, Dr Chee said that the SDP has no intention to lead the coalition effort. "Rather, we see our role as a facilitator, of doing our part to contribute towards a common and greater good," he said.

In a Facebook post, Mr Lim said: "Our alliance must strive to form the next Government in the upcoming general election. We must offer real change to better the lives of Singaporeans."

Asked if the move was inspired by Malaysia's Dr Mahathir Mohamad, the former prime minister who had led a coalition of opposition parties to secure a shock election victory in May, Mr Lim said: "The Malaysian election is a continuation of the global trend of the last two years, which shows that people want change. I don't believe that phenomenon is confined only to the West or to Malaysia."

The Straits Times understands that the Singapore People's Party, led by opposition veteran Chiam See Tong, was invited to the meeting on Saturday but did not send a representative.

The last opposition coalition was the Singapore Democratic Alliance, in the lead up to the 2001 general election. It has since faded away, after NSP and Mr Chiam left the coalition.

The Straits Times has asked Dr Tan for comment.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...new-coalition-invites-former-pap-mp-tan-cheng

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't think Ah Bock will have much of an impact, but hopefully I am wrong. :wink:

After the NDP parades, the grassroots leaders and CCC leaders will convene a meeting to deal with this oppie threat from Bock. We will fight alongside our grassroots advisors and ensure they get elected or re-elected.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
GE2020 will be same result. It will be SB 75 ... :biggrin:
Give up riao... Last 30 years voted against PAP. I am still a LOSER for 30 years. I have already given up riao. :confused:
Yes. Too many gcb, this country got too many dogs

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I never gave up, from 1988 till 2011, it will bear fruits! Fuck the PAP at the polls!
Of course will just continue to vote Oppo. That's for sure. But it's going to be passive support. Enough of donating money and attending rallies... getting sick of sinkies who love to be fugged by MIW day in day out and still vote MIW. I had enough...:confused:

jw5

Loyal
That's great! Keep up the good work! :rolleyes::biggrin:

After the NDP parades, the grassroots leaders and CCC leaders will convene a meeting to deal with this oppie threat from Bock. We will fight alongside our grassroots advisors and ensure they get elected or re-elected.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I also had enough when GRC was introduced, got around my kampung to talk to neighbors, makan kakis, kopi kakis. Slowly but surely, it will bear fruits.
I doubt ... I try not to talk about politics at work. But I do sometimes with those in their 20s and 30s. They are mostly brainwashed ... Plus your new citizens who will mostly vote MIWs..

To borrow a phrase from Launcelot in Merchant of Venice... "....There is but one hope in it that can do you any good, and that is but a kind of bastard hope...."

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not have high hopes of PAP booted out.

But, I hope at least before I kick the bucket, I can get to see MIWs loses its 2/3 majority and with only a slight majority left to be gotten rid of.

I will live a long life as a happy man.

Yes bro, I am fully with you on these :biggrin:

We will never give up easily.