• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chen Fu Ji at Merchant court avoid at all cost!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fuck lah. i see what i have in my fridge. now i do fried rice. must have wok hei one. :p

15 mins lah.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. Not alone lah.

Here fried the wok with some minced garlic. Then add in overnight rice, fish sauce, soya sauce, a little sugar. Add the veges and overnight sotong slices.

Fried lah. And keep tossing and tossing.

Trick is high heat doing the tossing and get some wok hei. I cheated a little by adding some hua dio wine.
Serving good enough for 2 or 3 lah.

Outcome, neighbour order lah. And they finish every drop of rice. Hehehe.

I still think too little vege. hehehe.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
guys, me teach you what is fried rice. Fried Rice is 2 words. Fried means Cha and Rice means Rice lah. Main thing about fried rice is the rice must be evenly cooked.Only way to do it is tossing the rice continuously over medium heat. This one is really canto style and take a lot of practise. Fish sauce also good cos' fragrance very sharp. You will also need a good tradtional round wok. Not the flat teflon pans. those not good enough cos' teflon pans cannot take high heat

Fuck those pian jia fake zhi char stalls and restaurants that rob your money serving crappy food. Trust me, you can do it at home and better than them. But dont scare of high heat hor.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nowadays fried rice not really fried rice. The standard is call stir rice at most. Taste like shit.

Once a chef told me fried rice most east and most difficult to do. Many years later, I realise. True. Chen Fu Ji original might be good, but dont think they can do the original traditional fried rice. You guys eat my fried rice confirm got value for money. I need to use Giam Hee lah.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A diner had questioned the cost of the $3,900 bill in a Facebook post that went viral. The CEO of the restaurant clarified the cost of the items and a staff error in the original $5,900 bill.

Roger Koh, CEO of Chen Fu Ji, has clarified about the Facebook post questioning the hefty bill that was charged to a diner at his restaurant.

He told Lianhe Wanbao that the initial bill of $5,900 was an error made by his staff. Instead of keying in "2" for quantity, "22" was keyed in. The staff refunded the difference in cash when the customer highlighted the error.

The recalculated bill of $3,922.70 was for a dinner catered to 20 diners. He explained that the cost of $80 for Pu'Er tea was charged at $4 each for 20 people, while the cost of $180 for fried rice was for 12 portions.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A diner had questioned the cost of the $3,900 bill in a Facebook post that went viral. The CEO of the restaurant clarified the cost of the items and a staff error in the original $5,900 bill.

Roger Koh, CEO of Chen Fu Ji, has clarified about the Facebook post questioning the hefty bill that was charged to a diner at his restaurant.

He told Lianhe Wanbao that the initial bill of $5,900 was an error made by his staff. Instead of keying in "2" for quantity, "22" was keyed in. The staff refunded the difference in cash when the customer highlighted the error.

The recalculated bill of $3,922.70 was for a dinner catered to 20 diners. He explained that the cost of $80 for Pu'Er tea was charged at $4 each for 20 people, while the cost of $180 for fried rice was for 12 portions.
Roger Koh was the fucktard that forced the 2 original old sisters retirement........hired a tiong to take over.

kopikia

Alfrescian
Loyal

fried rice $180 for 12 portions = $15 per portion. portion is wat? bowl?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fried rice $180 for 12 portions = $15 per portion. portion is wat? bowl?
Standard price is $25 per plate........they came up with smaller portions later at $12.50...........guess now increase price liao..........famous crab fried rice you know?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Now for the Buikia Do-You-Know segment...

Do you know that this is Pinky's favourite fried rice? when the 2 sisters were running it.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is DRAGON GAROUPA? Is it a Coelancanth? Bamboo clam $360 ($18 each is very exp. Jumbo is going for $7 per piece) Hor fun $48 per plate? hark sei yan meh? Hor fun got scallop & lobster meat ah?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what is DRAGON GAROUPA? Is it a Coelancanth? Bamboo clam $360 ($18 each is very exp. Jumbo is going for $7 per piece) Hor fun $48 per plate? hark sei yan meh? Hor fun got scallop & lobster meat ah?

Hor Fun $48 for 20 persons reasonable what....each $2.40 nia.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
guys, me teach you what is fried rice. Fried Rice is 2 words. Fried means Cha and Rice means Rice lah. Main thing about fried rice is the rice must be evenly cooked.Only way to do it is tossing the rice continuously over medium heat. This one is really canto style and take a lot of practise. Fish sauce also good cos' fragrance very sharp. You will also need a good tradtional round wok. Not the flat teflon pans. those not good enough cos' teflon pans cannot take high heat

Fuck those pian jia fake zhi char stalls and restaurants that rob your money serving crappy food. Trust me, you can do it at home and better than them. But dont scare of high heat hor.

I see your fried rice like very shiok but when you mention fish sauce ..knn spoils my appetite Liao .

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the original chen fu ji i believe belongs to 3 simple sister running a stall in an old kopitiam at bt pasoh.

i was lucky to have tried their signature fried rice with a whole deshelled crabmeat. it was real worth it for $25 with quite a general portion for maybe 4 persons. beside that, the sisters also sold a very oomph! powered shui jiao or meat dumpling soup for about $3 of 6 pcs.

after cfj took over their recipe, the fried rice had lost its flame. :(