• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chee Siok Chin to pay Attorney-General's Chambers

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > Breaking News > Courts and Crime > Story
Sep 1, 2008
Chee's appeal dismissed Chee Siok Chin to pay Attorney-General's Chambers $1,000.
By Jeremy Au Yong

ln-crime-chee.jpg

After a two-hour closed door session in the Supreme Court, Judge Tan Lee Meng dismissed her application and ordered Ms Chee (left) to pay costs of $1,000 to the Attorney-General's Chambers. -- ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

Jeremy Au Yong

OPPOSITION politician bid to challenge in Court the decision preventing her from leaving the country ended on Monday morning.

After a two-hour closed door session in the Supreme Court, Judge Tan Lee Meng dismissed her application and ordered Ms Chee to pay costs of $1,000 to the Attorney-General's Chambers.

She had filed an application three weeks ago to have a decision by the Official Assignee (OA) reviewed in Court. The OA had denied her permission to leave the country to attend a programme at Stanford University in the United States.

In written submissions, the Attorney-General's Office had argued that the OA turned down her request because she had not been co-operative.

It also argued that she had delayed legal proceedings until the US programme was over, the application had no useful purpose.

In her affidavit, which had been posted online, Ms Chee said that the reason given to her was that the trip would be of no benefit to her creditors.

She added that she would be paid $2,000 for speaking at the programme.

This morning Mr Chia Ti Lik, Ms Chee's lawyer, said that she did not intend to appeal the decision.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
She has only herself to blame.....Why she so uncoperative??? Maybe got $$$$ hidden elsewhere:eek: but dunwan declare:rolleyes:

csi88

Alfrescian
Loyal
See, thats SDP's fighting spirit.Always throw in the towel in the middle of a fight.Her Lawyer CTL said she is not appealing woh.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hope she and her husband will stop fighting the PAP in this manner...it does them no good and it hurts their pockets....it creates stress for them....reduces the quality of life

look at where it got them...when they are down, people make fun of them

look at those who care more for themselves than others....they become rich and prosperous, eat off the fat of the land and contrast it to their own lives....

anyway i am not telling them what to do, just that seeing her picture in the post makes me sympathatic with their plight

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Kakowi, she's unmarried. The man you have in mind must be Dr. Chee Soon Juan who is her brother. Yeah, and the people who made fun of them will be the same people who will be sniffing their arses if they succeed further in their endeavour. Just wonder why some people will divert their energy at the people who are not directly hurting them the most. I've never come across C666 passing any disparaging remarks about the Chees.

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyway i am not telling them what to do, just that seeing her picture in the post makes me sympathatic with their plight

They are not looking for sympathy and neither is their cause hopeless as the 154th PAP propaganda makes it out to be.

The movement to end the PAP authoritarian regime that is steeped in corruption, nepotism and cronyism is growing. More and more Singaporeans are rallying around the just cause of bringing to a speedier close of the PAP tyranny that is heavily relying on foreigners, the super rich and money launderers to prop it up.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i give you her tel no. you go and ask her .... you want?

is that why they call for LEEGAL FEES DONATION in their website? is that how those leegal donations are being utilised?

so lawyer's leegal biz must be very good. he got another leegal donation line for gopalan.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
is that why they call for LEEGAL FEES DONATION in their website? is that how those leegal donations are being utilised?

so lawyer's leegal biz must be very good. he got another leegal donation line for gopalan.

All these lawyer fees they use from SDP fund ....they got a cut from it or not? Is that the reason why they like to go court so often? Can we ask the authorities to check their accounts?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these lawyer fees they use from SDP fund ....they got a cut from it or not? Is that the reason why they like to go court so often? Can we ask the authorities to check their accounts?

she knows sure LOSE yet she proceed and dropped out half way. too much $ to donate to leegal system here is it?:confused:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
she knows sure LOSE yet she proceed and dropped out half way. too much $ to donate to leegal system here is it?:confused:

Actually ah, if you look at it from another angle....she pays only SGD1000. How much do you think it'll cost SDP for advert on print and screen?

You all should not under estimate the Chee siblings....they very the clever.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually ah, if you look at it from another angle....she pays only SGD1000. How much do you think it'll cost SDP for advert on print and screen?

You all should not under estimate the Chee siblings....they very the clever.

yes! i got it now!!
the shit times printing her pic and story if converted into ADVERTISEMENT space would have worth many times more!!:p

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
alamak lau pondan eh .... ppl give donation you also bei kay gian .... why huh?

aiyah dun be jealous mah .... if you want share share the donations hor can write to say your plight mah .... er ... like say you unemployed got diabetes also got kidney dialysis to pay ... ;9)

then maybe hor they give you some donations lor ... ;9)

ornitoufo ;9)

i will let my son be a lawyer next time.he charges $300 per hour, maybe mine will charge $250 for all the yakkity-yak-yak.:biggrin: