• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cheap Labor in Sydney! Please recommend...

Papatang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear All,

I wish to renovate my old leaking existing carport or rebuild my carport. I went around asking for quotes in Sydney, and the quotes are really expensive! The contractors or handyman charged a lot.

Can anyone in Sydney recommend a cheap handyman to do the job? You can e-mail me personally.

As I am out of action for some long time in this forum, please reply to this forum about sending me an e-mail as I do not know which e-mail your response will be sent to.

Thanks a lot and Merry X'mas and Happy New Year!

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am assuming u can read and speak Chinese.

If you do, head to the asian grocery stores and pick up a copy of those chinese magazines. It's free and the last few pages of the magazine contains ads on handyman / driving lesson services, etc offered by Chinese immigrants and they are a whole lot cheaper and better than those bogans in their fugly utes.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah find cheap immigrant to come to your house to fix the carpet, then later, they come and remove your furniture and tv, computer too when you are not at home.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, if you have the necessary skills as well, you can also hire students and "instruct" them on how to renovate your carport etc. Bunnings would also have all the materials you'll need.

I am assuming u can read and speak Chinese.

If you do, head to the asian grocery stores and pick up a copy of those chinese magazines. It's free and the last few pages of the magazine contains ads on handyman / driving lesson services, etc offered by Chinese immigrants and they are a whole lot cheaper and better than those bogans in their fugly utes.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking for cheap labour in Australia? Hello! cheap labour is coined only in places like Singapore. These cheapies labour come to Singapore in their 90cc Honda clubs from across Causeway and ask for cash money (no CPF, medishield/ insurance) and live in kampongs in Johor.

In places like Australia, there is only skilled labours and you pay them like you pay any skilled white collar workers such as lawyer, accountant.

Don't think cheapsake when you want to earn $100,000/ year as a white collar worker in Australia and think skiiled workers (is not cheap labour) fixing your carport don't deserve to earn much money like you. Even Ah Nehs also smart enough to ask for min pay A$35/hr as unskilled construction worker no diff to an Ozzie bogan/ bloke.

Dear All,

I wish to renovate my old leaking existing carport or rebuild my carport. I went around asking for quotes in Sydney, and the quotes are really expensive! The contractors or handyman charged a lot.

Can anyone in Sydney recommend a cheap handyman to do the job? You can e-mail me personally.

As I am out of action for some long time in this forum, please reply to this forum about sending me an e-mail as I do not know which e-mail your response will be sent to.

Last edited:

SibeiKing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear All,

Bunnings and Youtube. Carport is a big job. If you really want to skim abit, call for a "househusband". Be sure to specify you need one that is able to help you in with the job. Of course you will need to help him. cheers.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical sinkee. Want big pay but think others dont deserve big pay. If you think you wanna save money, do the damn thing yourself. Go take a TAFE course and learn how to fix stuff. Maybe than you can realize that work don't necessary means sitting on your ass the whole day.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
U can't get cheap labour in Sydney but u can try those eastern Europeans with student passes studying in any of the private schools. They are quite steady with their hands though, lotsa them do part time jobs after school...

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eastern europeans...? You never watched the movie 'Hostel' ah? Eastern Europeans quite dangerous leh, having been through a few wars.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eastern europeans...? You never watched the movie 'Hostel' ah? Eastern Europeans quite dangerous leh, having been through a few wars.
hahahahaa...no worries, bro! U aint engaging the whole classroom and DIY the materials needed!