• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CHC deletes all negatives from wiki refs

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - CHC deletes all negatives from wiki refs</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Jul-3 8:35 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 10) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>16382.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Just checked Wiki just now, looks like there is another fight between CHC members (Kong Hee's church) and the critics of CHC and CHC is winning. Whole controversy section of CHC was successfully removed.... obviously by CHC members.
I think after I finished with Joseph Prince, I'm going to focus on CHC.... all these fucking deletions of negatives is an infringement of free speech, esp if the negatives are verifiable. Both pros and cons should be left in the wiki entry for readers to decide for themselves what they want to believe...
“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”
Obviously, CHC people dont want to hear what the critics say. Here's the whole section being deleted from CHC wiki entry:
- On January, 2003, Sun Ho, wife of City Harvest Founder, Sun Ho, was informed about the uneasiness that some church members felt over the support of her pop career through City Harvest's support. According to church members, Reverend Kong Hee was described as giving updates of his wife's singing and promotional activities during church service, much to the discontent of many church devotees. ACcording to the Straits Times, one church member was quoted as complaining, "Even before the name of God is glorified, the husband always praises her first and shows her video."
-
- The report was also said there were suggestions that the church was being used to drum up votes for Ho at the MTV Asia Awards. She was up against Urban Xchange, Stefanie Sun, A-do and Kit Chan for the coveted award.
-
- Besides being asked to vote, a member said that church-goers were persuaded to buy Sun Ho's new album, Sun*day, while another said the reputable megachurch was fast becoming a 'personality cult thing'. Sun Ho reacted to this in tears, telling Life!,"I really don't need this. At first, I was quite affected and wanted to give up everything and just go home. Then I thought, Hey, my conscience is clear, and I've not done anything wrong. So, I'll still come back to sing during the show."
-
- While a select few felt that this was inappropriate viral marketing, Revered Kong told Life! that "there is nothing exceptional about rallying behind Ho", much to the disgust of some church-goers.
-
- "We did announce that Sun had been nominated and that members can vote for her if they want to. But it's different from saying that we're actively asking them to do it,' said a spokesperson from the church.
-
- "Anyway, what's so wrong if my church members want to support me voluntarily?" questioned Ho.
- The spokesperson also claimed that parishioners were not pressured to buy her two albums.
- When probed about the exact speech given to church members regarding the support of Ho, however, the spokesperson said that he "could not remember the exact words used".
- According to a former City Harvest Church member, John, "persuasive language" was used to influence the church attendees in purchasing and supporting Sun's career in the pop music industry.
-
- Of 10 City Harvest members contacted by Life!, 8 said that there was no compulsion for them to buy the albums or to vote for Ho. Senior account executive Stella Gwee, 27, said the matter was one of interpretation.
-
- "It is true Pastor Kong will share about what Pastor Sun has been doing. But it depends on how people read that. We do not see her very much these days, so it is interesting to know what she is up to. We do not take it as a promotion of her CD per se,' she said.
-
- In any event, senior programming executive Lynette Tan, 28, said that Ho does not gain from album sales because all proceeds go to charity. It was confirmed by a spokesman for the church that Ho does not pocket any of the takings from the album sales. The vague use of words like "proceeds are given to charity" without detailed elaboration has cast some doubts over the authenticity of the claim.
-
- Not everyone in City Harvest's 24,000-strong congregation is comfortable with these explanations. Businessman Roland Poon Swee Kay, 39, for one, had called up and written to The Straits Times about the alleged impropriety. He said mixing religion with secular matters was 'unethical'. Mr Poon, who has been attending the church for six years, alleged that he was 'encouraged' by his cell group leader to buy both her albums, so he bought five of each at one go. He also claimed that church funds were used for Ho's publicity and promotional campaign. He said that the only reason he was staying on in the church was because he felt he had invested 'too much money' towards the $48.7 million used for the construction of the church building at Jurong West. In response, Reverend Kong said that not a single cent from church funds was used to buy or to promote Sun's albums. Integrity, he added, was a core value of the church. This brings up a question to the critics: Who is to know what happens to the funds obtained from the album sales?
-
- 'We always try to be as transparent as we can in all our activities. Our accounts are audited yearly by a public accounting firm,' Reverend Kong defended.
-
- Since the incident, it has been requested that City Harvest Church allows for greater transparency in the channels for which the funds collected go to, including the voluntary donations collected weekly from church members.
-
- While City Harvest Church has declined to comment about the detailed uses of church funds, a spokesperson has hinted plans of 'constructing beneficial recreational facilities' to 'enhance divine revelation for the evergrowing congregation'.

[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
This proves that both NC and CHC are against free speech, freedom, & individual liberty.

The basis of a free society is the right to free speech even if the contents of the writings, speeches, and videos are racist, sexist, insulting to other religions, etc... provided that the contents don't incite violence against a particular group even if the contents are maliciously false. In America,, it's perfectly legal to say bad things about a particular politician even if the accusations are false because they are public figures and they are subject to public scrutiny. Actors, professional athletes, singers, politicians, public servants, pastors of mega churches, TV evangelists, etc.. cannot sue an individual for libel (monetary damages) even if that individual say bad things about them that can be proven by a 'preponderance of the evidence' to be maliciously false.

Today is the 4th of July in America.. The founding fathers of this great nation said that freedom is an inalienable right of each individual that comes from God.

Thus, the following individual rights come from God and they cannot be taken away by the govt:

1. The right to free speech.
2. The right to keep & bear arms.
3. The right against unreasonable searches & seizures without probable cause.
4. The right against self-incrimination.
5. The right to a speedy & fair trial by an impartial jury.
6. The right against govt confiscation of private properties for public use without just compensation. Just compensation means paying the fair market value.
7. The right against excessive bail, excessive fines, and cruel and unusual punishments.

I attended both NC & CHC before. Both Joseph Prince & Kong Hee are very pro-PAP. I had heard both of them praised the govt during church service. Are pastors supposed to praise the Lord or the govt? Are pastors supposed to serve God or serve the govt?

God Bless America and its founding fathers who pledged & risked their lives, fortunes, and honors in order to bring their God given freedom to this great nation!

Last edited:

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
<div><object width="480" height="381"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x2gjh9_coming-to-america_music&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x2gjh9_coming-to-america_music&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="381" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2gjh9_coming-to-america_music">Coming to America</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/brainstorm">brainstorm</a>. - <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/channel/music">Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.</a></i></div>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mtWVgA2nkwA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mtWVgA2nkwA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5JXWXhteJ30&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5JXWXhteJ30&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R2Jyn77FI8M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R2Jyn77FI8M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If have chance to debate with both of the church NC/CHC , I will volunteer to debate with anyone of the to be one to one . I really hate these 2 church.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I attended both NC & CHC before. Both Joseph Prince & Kong Hee are very pro-PAP. I had heard both of them praised the govt during church service. Are pastors supposed to praise the Lord or the govt? Are pastors supposed to serve God or serve the govt?

Honor amongst thieves is also called professional courtesy!....lol....lol

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Even before the name of God is glorified, the husband always praises her first and shows her video."

why is it that god needs to be glorified every other day? attention seeking?

He said that the only reason he was staying on in the church was because he felt he had invested 'too much money' towards the $48.7 million used for the construction of the church building at Jurong West.

A case of over investment in the glorification of god...cut loss before u you start feeling u own god one day...

amitabha...

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thus, the following individual rights come from God and they cannot be taken away by the govt:

1. The right to free speech.

4. The right against self-incrimination.

Isn't 1 and 4 self contradictory? I mean if U have free speech, how can U stop anyone from incriminating U.

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't 1 and 4 self contradictory? I mean if U have free speech, how can U stop anyone from incriminating U.

Thanks for raising the issue and asking me the question.

The Bill of Rights listed above applies the relationship between the govt and an individual. They don't apply between 2 or more private individuals.

(1) "The Right to Free Speech" means the govt cannot stop a private person to speak freely against the govt or any public figure.

(4) "The Right Against Self-Incrimination" means the govt cannot force an individual to confess to any wrongdoings. This means the you have the right not to admit any wrongdoings that the govt is accusing you. The reason why this is very important is bec tyrants and despots love to use threats and tortures to extract confessions and use it to convict the accused who maybe innocent to begin with.

As for stopping another private person from incriminating against you, there's no way that you can stop him but that person will have to swear under oath to tell the truth in court and it's up to the impartial jury to decide if you are guilty or not. If that person lie under oath, he can be charged with perjury which is a criminal offense if found out by the court.

The point is once the accused admits to a crime that he didn't even commit, it's a 100% sure conviction rate and the case doesn't even have to go to trial by jury. The judge will just sentence the accused accordingly.