• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CHC Comes Clean

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
CHC, do not act so smug !! Rocket Singh will be clearing all of you up !!:cool:

My my, this Rocket Singh starts to sound like some kind of super hero! HE shaved and styled his chest hair so that a letter S appear? Can one man make a multi-million dollar church go away?

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My my, this Rocket Singh starts to sound like some kind of super hero! HE shaved and styled his chest hair so that a letter S appear? Can one man make a multi-million dollar church go away?

Rocket Singh is blessed by the Fantastic Light and will prevail .... over the wolves in ........ sheep clothings ....

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well... I would said they are smart lor... Learnt from none other than the best here... Our govt...

Govt cannot openly use ppl's money to invest, so come up with Temasek Holdings lah, GIC lah.... So CHC also learnt mah... they didn't invest using CHC.. they use their investment arm... So nothing wrong mah.

Its all voice down to one word.. Greed!!!

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t-0FWp_T8YI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t-0FWp_T8YI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GK3LffoOPF8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GK3LffoOPF8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

AhBengBoyBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
This 'talented' young punk thinks he can control the whole world with his emotional manipulative skills.

But all believers must take note that the world famous evangelist of all time, Billy Graham in his youthful days was also like that. He was even more fiery and impressive to more people of the world.

But in his ageing days, Billy Graham publicly conceded that Jesus is not the only way to God. And that other ways also lead to salvation. This is a total U-TURN on his previous preached belief, that there is only one way to God.

Have the people of the world been mislead for so long?

Billy Graham:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axxlXy6bLH0&feature=PlayList&p=7DF6E6495777B998&index=0&playnext=1

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kong Hee should seek some help. Surely people who claim that god speaks to them and can repeat/recall the conversation right down to each word is suffering from psychotic hallucinations.

I am shocked that so many thousands of sheep can be taken in by this man. It just shows that in a repressive place (think former Afghanistan with the Talibans), religion (no matter how ridiculous and opprressive) is the only refuge people end up in.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look at the number of companies formed by City Harvest & their web of inter-connections & vested interests.

Bloody complicated - need a forensic accountant to spot what is KKN & what is conflict of interest.

Consolidated questions & revelations by a conscientious CHC insider on Kong & Family & their internal crony practices ..........

Will there be lawsuits for defamation in view of ST online's wide readership?
Source : ST Discussion Board 'CityHarvest questioned' thread.

Originally Posted by sorenk2233
Kudos to City Harvest for being transparent about their financial statements. They have proudly listed it in their website.

However, some things cause alarm bells to ring.
1. The church has spent millions on television, audio, broadcast, and multi-media.
Audio and Light --> $1.256 and $1.1 million during the past two years.
Christian TV, Broadcast --> $793,000 and $1.039 million during the past two years
Church TV --> $2.105 and $1.374 million, during the past two years.
Internet broadcast --> $573,000 and $432,000, during the past two years.

And if you add them up, a total of $8,672,000 has been spent on multi-media related ventures.

Perhaps the CHC might want elaborate why the need for such expenses?
Perhaps they would also like to explain why Rev. Kong Hee has to be featured on Christian television? The reverend does not receive a salary from City Harvest, but by them endorsing him by placing him on Christian television (seen in US), is that not a benefit/ incentive paid by the Church? Would that not be considered a form of payment?

2. Staff salaries are astonishing! A church is liken to a customer care service. And no doubt there is a need to employ members to meet the needs of Church members. However, how transparent would CHC be in disclosing their staff salaries? I would not be surprised that many senior/ executive level staff in CHC's organization may be receiving 5-figured salaries. There is nothing wrong in paying good and qualified workers well. The question is how much is too much? And whether it is justifiable.

3. A further investigation should look into companies often contracted by City Harvest Church. Are those companies funded by church members? What other interests do the companies play in facilitating CHC? Are any of CHC's board members/ executive members shareholders in the companies? If so, then how much have they benefited?

If such a significant amount is spend on audio and lighting, perhaps a thorough investigation ought to be checked on the co-relation between the company and CHC. Is the same company behind Sun Ho's singing career? High probability it could be so. Also, I understand that CHC started a dance studio to get Youths involved in the arts (great avenue to get kids off from drugs and off the streets). However, has this been a personal gain for Sun Ho's entertainment venture?

3. In the early months of 2010, many CHC members went for a study trip to South Korea. The world's largest church is located there. I wonder if the senior/ executive staff had to pay for the "study trip" or if the trip was absorbed by the church. If so, is this a common practice for independent churches?

Why am I writing this and posing though questions with regards to the financial management of City Harvest Church? Partly because I feel the need for religious organizations to come clean about their transactions. Partly because there is too much going on behind the scenes that needs to come to light. Partly because there needs to be checks and balances in independent mega churches.

A religious organization being extravagant in its spending is not the issue. We see cathedrals, mosques and temples made of great extravagance. In many religions, many high ranking officials often wear robes lavished in gold trimmings, fine fabric and intricate detail. Hence, being extravagant and having state of the art technology should not be part of the discussion. What should be of interest is the co-relation to an independent church with its contracted companies?

1. The lighting and audio for City Harvest Church has contracted Xtron Productions Pte Ltd. This coupled together with the fact that this company is one of the management agencies for co-founder and singer, Miss Ho Yeow Sun.

In addition, many of the employees hired by Xtron Productions are members of City Harvest Church. Many of these individuals are members of CHC's television, media and sound ministries. If this does not raise bells, then perhaps one might like to see who are the owners, co-owners and managers of Xtron Productions.

2. City Harvest Church has changed its financial year-end twice in the last few years. The first in 2007, from 31 December to 30 June. The second in 2008, from 30 June to 31 October. Such unexplained change of financial year-end is commonly seen as a red-flag by auditors and regulators. Should we be concerned?

PART I ...... (to continue....)
<!-- / message -->
<!-- / controls -->​
<!-- message, attachments, sig --> <!-- post 421929 popup menu --> <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td class="thead">
</td></tr><tr><td class="vbmenu_option">
</td></tr><tr><td class="vbmenu_option">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PART II .... continue on....

<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Send a private message to sorenk2233</td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Find all posts by sorenk2233</td></tr> </tbody></table>
<!-- / post 421929 popup menu --> <!-- / close content container --> <!-- / post #421929 --><!-- post #421948 --> <!-- open content container --> ........
Miss Ho Yeow Sun's entourage in US include a personal assistant, personal chef, and nanny. Are they being paid by companies started by City Harvest Church?

1. City Harvest Church had a tuition ministry that evolved into City Harvest Education Center. It is currently known as City College. The Principal of City College, Mr Kenneth Low, is also the CEO/Founder of O' School, a dance school where many of its instructors have toured with Sun Ho as dancers. In fact, Mr Low was a dancer for Miss Ho during her Asian concerts. City College has a kindergarten called Little Big. Among those on pay roll includes the nanny for Miss Ho's young son. (If you were to go to Little Big's website, she is one of the four ladies shown in the picture). As Miss Ho has been based in United States for the past years along with her son, the nanny has been with them. Hence, is City Harvest Church indirectly paying for the nanny? Is City College (along with O School) part of City Harvest since it started out as a tuition ministry?

2. One of Miss Ho's personal assistants include the former editor of Harvest Times (the church's magazine publication), and a senior employee of Xtron Productions. The personal chef that resides with Miss Ho had been on City Harvest's payroll as a hospitality staff since 2003.
Perhaps it would one might want to investigate the job descriptions of those on City Harvest's payroll.
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->
<!-- / controls -->​
<!-- message, attachments, sig --> <!-- post 422018 popup menu --> <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td class="thead">sorenk2233</td> </tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Send a private message to sorenk2233</td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Find all posts by sorenk2233</td></tr> </tbody></table>
<!-- / post 422018 popup menu --> <!-- / close content container --> <!-- / post #422018 --><!-- post #422034 --> <!-- open content container --> <!-- this is not the last post shown on the page -->
3. Miss Ho Yeow Sun's entourage includes two dancers. They can be seen dancing in Miss Ho's recent music video, Fancy Free. These dancers are instructors of O School, which is funded by City College (that gets funds from City Harvest). These dance instructors are residing in the United States, residing in Miss Ho's Los Angeles home. This brings to question if City Harvest is indirectly paying for Miss Ho's dancers.

4. Xtron Productions have several employees who are board and executive members. Several on its payroll hold positions of leadership in the audio, lighting and media ministries. In November 2009, Rev. Kong Hee had a speaking engagement to Sacramento, California, several church employees (worship band, singers, and media personnel) were flown there with all expenses paid by the Church. In addition to that, Xtron employees were involved in the trip. If the speaking engagement was for the benefit of Rev. Kong, the question is, who pays for the cost to fly and accommodate his entourage?

It is known that Rev. Kong is not a salaried employee of City Harvest church. He relies on speaking engagement fees, love gifts and the royalties of his sermons and bible study material. However, how does the church draw the line between his personal speaking engagements and his service on behalf of the church? Also, why the need for Xtron employees to be part of the trip if this was promoted to church members as a missions trip? For many of Rev. Kong's international speaking engagement, there is an employee from Xtron present to take photographs and record videos. Is City Harvest Church paying for the services or is the Reverend absorbing the costs?
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->
<!-- / controls -->​
<!-- message, attachments, sig --> <!-- post 422177 popup menu --> <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td class="thead">sorenk2233</td> </tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Send a private message to sorenk2233</td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Find all posts by sorenk2233</td></tr> </tbody></table>
<!-- / post 422177 popup menu --> <!-- / close content container --> <!-- / post #422177 --><!-- post #422314 --> <!-- open content container --> <!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --> May those who have read my comments and felt there is validity in it share the burden I have. I have been very careful in my choice of words and tone by which I make my comments. I could have given the names of the owners of Xtron Produtions, who are board and executive members. Unfortunately, my position does not permit or grant me the liberty to be a whistle blower.

Please understand that I am caught between a rock and a hard place. In 2003, when Roland Poon pointed out the church's support of Miss Ho's singing career, I witness the ugliness of hate. However, at the same time, I saw the pain in the eyes of church members who were deeply affected by the media slaughter of the church.

Over the course of days, I question if this was the right time to disclose the information that I have given. Why? Because many of the employees of Xtron, City College, Citycare, Little Big, O School, and along with the staff of City Harvest Church are fully aware of what goes on behind the scenes. Many have families with young children and mortgages and car payments to worry about. There are a large number of individuals dependent on how this system works. Sadly, it is snowballing into something monstrous.

From my heart,
Soren

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
One has only got to audit the salary of each CHC staff and he will know the truth. CHC is ran like a mini-PAP and it's no wonder as Kong was a RI student.

Many of those who are in CHC for years felt trapped by the system. They know it is wrong but neither can they afford to let go of what they have.

All the way back in the early 1980 when CHC was not even established, Kong was paying himself a handsome four-figure salary every month that would make a senior executive go green with envy; from the tithes and pledges of students.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One has only got to audit the salary of each CHC staff and he will know the truth. CHC is ran like a mini-PAP and it's no wonder as Kong was a RI student.

Many of those who are in CHC for years felt trapped by the system. They know it is wrong but neither can they afford to let go of what they have.

All the way back in the early 1980 when CHC was not even established, Kong was paying himself a handsome four-figure salary every month that would make a senior executive go green with envy; from the tithes and pledges of students.
Can describe Ah Kong's system since you know so much? share share :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think you need help, Kong Hee is not God lah...

all his church don't believe he is..even he didn't claim he is...

why you think he is? :biggrin:

Did you fail English comprehension? When did I say that he claim to be god? I said he claims that god speaks to him and he can recount it with such vividness. That's psychotic in my books, no different from Taoist mediums going into a trance and claiming that Guan Gong spoke to him.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you fail English comprehension? When did I say that he claim to be god? I said he claims that god speaks to him and he can recount it with such vividness. That's psychotic in my books, no different from Taoist mediums going into a trance and claiming that Guan Gong spoke to him.

I don't think so. What you defined in Christian term is a claim to be a prophet. I don't think Kong Hee (or any other pastor) has claimed that.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
In his heyday, Old Man will be paranoid about CHC, but so far, it doesnt seem to have rubbed on to his son.

The Old control freak would be trimming its wings the way China's CCP clipped the Falunggung movement - it was getting too big and influential! Has any organisation here had a following of 33,000? That's what CHC claimed it has.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think so. What you defined in Christian term is a claim to be a prophet. I don't think Kong Hee (or any other pastor) has claimed that.

If you watched the video, Kong Hee said "God spoke to me...he said Kong...blah blah blah blah...".

I will define this as Kong Hee making a claim that god spoke to him and not only that Kong Hee could recount the conversation in vivid details. What has this got to do with "prophet", a word which I did not even use.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you watched the video, Kong Hee said "God spoke to me...he said Kong...blah blah blah blah...".

I will define this as Kong Hee making a claim that god spoke to him and not only that Kong Hee could recount the conversation in vivid details. What has this got to do with "prophet", a word which I did not even use.

God speaks to every Christian every now and then in a personal sense, for God is a personal God. The pastor is just sharing. In fact, God speaks to every one in that sense, it's just a matter of listening or not listening. The difference of a prophet is a claim that God speaks to one on non-personal matters. To Christians, the last prophet is of course Jesus (as well as Son of God). To Muslims, Jesus is also a prophet (but not Son of God), and the last prophet is Mohammad. There're no more prophets sinceforth.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
God speaks to every Christian every now and then in a personal sense, for God is a personal God. The pastor is just sharing. In fact, God speaks to every one in that sense, it's just a matter of listening or not listening. The difference of a prophet is a claim that God speaks to one on non-personal matters. To Christians, the last prophet is of course Jesus (as well as Son of God). To Muslims, Jesus is also a prophet (but not Son of God), and the last prophet is Mohammad. There're no more prophets sinceforth.

In that case, I would expand on what I say, anyone who claims that god speaks to them in person and can vividly recount each word that god supposed whispered into their ears are pyschotic and should get their brains checked.

In fact, if you watch the video, Kong Hee actually had a conversation with god; it's not a one way communication line.

I am just bemused that fundamentalist xtians can poo poo all kinds of superstitions of other faiths but don't see the irony of their own actions.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am just bemused that fundamentalist xtians can poo poo all kinds of superstitions of other faiths but don't see the irony of their own actions.
Theirs is the holy conversation with a personal God...
Others ? oh, they are possessed by the Devil & Satan spoke to them. ...:biggrin:

Dun believe me, go ask Rony Tan ....