• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Charles Chong: I don't mind being flamed as long there is a limit !!

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it completely unacceptable for rumor-mongers to make use of the internet to ventilate their pent-up dissatisfaction and frustrations ?

According to Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC MP Charles Chong, who was the subject of verbal abuse and insults from netizens recently over his ‘lesser mortal’ remarks, from a social development viewpoint, it is a good thing to have a platform for the public to express their opinions and emotions.

Making use of the internet to express concerns about particular matters such as the loss of Town Council sinking funds in failed investments or unhappiness towards MPs are acceptable to him. However, there is a caveat: there should be a limit in everything.

“Though I felt that internat chatter and bloggers should have a bigger space for freedom of speech to operate and to allow the public to freely express their views, there is still a need for self-regulation. This is to prevent glorification and encouragement of violent behavior with the unwanted effect of misleading others.”

In the recent debacle about MP Seng Han Thong being torched by a mentally unstable old man, a few netizens and bloggers accused Seng Han Thong of being arrogant and unsympathetic. This distortion of the truth is both cruel and irresponsible.

Read full article here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=4907

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dun ming taking a pay cut as long as it is limited to $1..

i dun mind GST increase as long as it is within 0.000001%

what a joker Charles..

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
In that case, Charles Chong should prepare himself for more criticism, be it constructive or otherwise. :biggrin:

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
" According to Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC MP Charles Chong, who was the subject of verbal abuse and insults from netizens recently over his ‘lesser mortal’ remarks, from a social development viewpoint, it is a good thing to have a platform for the public to express their opinions and emotions."

This faggot should speak about it to his pay-master LKY to allow public free speech instead.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Making use of the internet to express concerns about particular matters such as the loss of Town Council sinking funds in failed investments or unhappiness towards MPs are acceptable to him. However, there is a caveat: there should be a limit in everything.

Ah Charles, the Immortal, should have chosen his words carefully when addressing to the general public. Its too bad he thinks of us as LESSER MORTALS. I really cant wait to attend his funeral as my teacher taught me in school that immortals will live forever.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMHO I think CC should ponder why is he a target of netizens' ill comments. He seems to have very quickly forgotten that he has labelled citizens he is meant to served as "lesser mortals."

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually rumor mongering is also a sin in the bible, and sin leads to death, my fellow brothers and sisters. Be very careful what you write.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Charles the Immortal is a christian ah? DIUUU lorr.....

From the Bible, excerpts from the 10 commandments -

Do not have any other gods before me.

You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

By labelling us as LESSER MORTALS, Ah Charles is DIRECTLY saying that he is GOD HIMSELF. And at the same swipe of hand, he made himself an IDOL (in human form) as he belittle LESSER MORTALS like us who gets jealous easily when some top civil servant blow away $15 grand on some cookery class.

I also know God's punishment very harsh. For Blasphemy, i recommend this punishment for Charles -
He that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. -- Leviticus 24:16

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the recent debacle about MP Seng Han Thong being torched by a mentally unstable old man, a few netizens and bloggers accused Seng Han Thong of being arrogant and unsympathetic. This distortion of the truth is both cruel and irresponsible.

One man meat another man poison...to the muslim world Osama is a hero to others he is a terrorist...depends on where you stand charles...depends on where you stand...so even a little criticism of the man he cannot accept...?

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Charles the Immortal is a christian ah? DIUUU lorr.....

From the Bible, excerpts from the 10 commandments -

Do not have any other gods before me.

You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

By labelling us as LESSER MORTALS, Ah Charles is DIRECTLY saying that he is GOD HIMSELF. And at the same swipe of hand, he made himself an IDOL (in human form) as he belittle LESSER MORTALS like us who gets jealous easily when some top civil servant blow away $15 grand on some cookery class.

I also know God's punishment very harsh. For Blasphemy, i recommend this punishment for Charles -
He that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. -- Leviticus 24:16

Solid!! I couldn't have said it better.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Charles Chong is worried that criticism on the net is read Internationally.

All the self regulatory call is CRAP. There is MORE such talk in the HDB Kopitiams by the Ah Peks who are illiterate, not to mention the 'free speech' by disgruntled taxi-drivers to their passengers. What self regulation is there in those places? Plain clothes ISD men with long range audio scanners?

There will be smoke when there is a fire, no amount of cover up, regulation or muzzling is going to prevent such talk (Criticism or flamming)!

The only way to stop criticisms is not to give the fodder that provides the means for people to 'talk'. Come clean, admit mistakes, stepping down etc are such ways. Patronising talk and idiotic statements give more ammunition to the critics on the net.

Looks like the PAP is NOT only afraid that "STICKS & STONES (including flammable thinner + matches) can hurt them BUT WORDS too.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
There will be smoke when there is a fire, no amount of cover up, regulation or muzzling is going to prevent such talk (Criticism or flamming)!

The only way to stop criticisms is not to give the fodder that provides the means for people to 'talk'. Come clean, admit mistakes, stepping down etc are such ways. Patronising talk and idiotic statements give more ammunition to the critics on the net.

a free press helps you know.

otherwise we can all just postulates.