• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CECA, Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement, Singapore with India, Why?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
THE SINGAPORE-INDIA's Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement ("CECA")
CECA was signed on June 29, 2005
It was intended to be a Free Trade Agreement between Singapore and India to strengthen bilateral trade.

Based on what I have read, but I have not read the CECA, it appears to be more than a free trade agreement, because it also deal with the movement of individuals to work in Singapore.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How else would the GLCs have access to the Indian market? :wink:
It appears that through CECA, Singapore corporations may invest in India, and gain access to the Indian market, but may have sold out Singaporeans.
It would be desirable for the relevant government agencies to provide full disclosure.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It appears that through CECA, Singapore corporations may invest in India, and gain access to the Indian market, but may have sold out Singaporeans.
It would be desirable for the relevant government agencies to provide full disclosure.

All globalists and proponents of the neoliberal 'free trade' religion or multilateral agreements inevitably sell out the country. That's their nature.

They will tell you that compromises are necessary due to Sinkieland's small size and lack of resources. :wink:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All globalists and proponents of the neoliberal 'free trade' religion or multilateral agreements inevitably sell out the country. That's their nature.

They will tell you that compromises are necessary due to Sinkieland's small size and lack of resources. :wink:
Regardless of the access to the Indian market, it is unforgivable not to protect the locals and their employment and profession, from the thousands of Indians, who may have fake qualifications and some with very little work and professional experience.
I hope that the Workers Party and other politicians will review CECA thoroughly and voice the weaknesses and concerns.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
THE SINGAPORE-INDIA's Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement ("CECA")
CECA was signed on June 29, 2005
It was intended to be a Free Trade Agreement between Singapore and India to strengthen bilateral trade.

Based on what I have read, but I have not read the CECA, it appears to be more than a free trade agreement, because it also deal with the movement of individuals to work in Singapore.
Its a sellout of its citizens for the benefit of big businesses.

No other country has an FTA with India except stupid Singapore.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Worse, is that recently, one or two Ministers from the current government expressed his concern that if the government provides statistics of the number of Indian nationals working in Singapore or arrived via the provisions of CECA, it may be detrimental to them or discourage Indian nationals from coming to Singapore.
I believe that he used the word, "sensitive"
Whys is he more concerned or sensitive to Indian nationals, when he is a Singaporean MP and cabinet Minister?
I wish and hope that, for the next General Elections, remember his attitude and statements, and take all the necessary steps not to vote for the PAP, persuade and convince as many of their family members, relatives, former schoolmates, current and former colleagues and NS comrades, as possible, not to vote for the PAP.
I do not believe that Singapore will not survive and prosper, without the PAP as the government, because the civil servants are dedicated and hardworking, and Singaporeans are just as hardworking.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sad. Only 3 nicks are participating this thread. It showed how bad Singaporeans are blind with politic that concerned their livelihood.

Ahnehs are not stupid either. They will leave Singapore for 5 eye after getting real work experiences, start from zero to heroes to Superstar IT workers under CECA... they will leave Singapore to go to 5 eye gahmen that do not cheat and betrayed their voters.

Ahneh too want national security and good gahmen that do not betrayed voters like Singapore PAP... or stay back to be stupid voters keep voting PAP that betrayed them w no ends in sight...

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a sellout of its citizens for the benefit of big businesses.

No other country has an FTA with India except stupid Singapore.

Malaysia has same trade agreement with exactly same name: CECA.

https://fta.miti.gov.my/index.php/pages/view/malaysia-india?mid=44

yet malaysia hasn't suffered anywhere near as much, and its leadership hasn't got nearly as much flak, as stinkypura.

thereis sth more sinister occurring behind the scenes obv

eunuch loong wants to turn stinkypura into a ceca-haven so tiongkok can't claim stinkypura later or exert its influence since his yankee+zionist masters want it that way

in short, stinkies' dictator in chief is merely a pawn of his anglo zionist masters

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regardless of the access to the Indian market, it is unforgivable not to protect the locals and their employment and profession, from the thousands of Indians, who may have fake qualifications and some with very little work and professional experience.
I hope that the Workers Party and other politicians will review CECA thoroughly and voice the weaknesses and concerns.
They have already conceded a few weeks ago. FTA good they now say. Can't back out of a statement like this. :unsure:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysia has same trade agreement with exactly same name: CECA.

https://fta.miti.gov.my/index.php/pages/view/malaysia-india?mid=44

yet malaysia hasn't suffered anywhere near as much, and its leadership hasn't got nearly as much flak, as stinkypura.

thereis sth more sinister occurring behind the scenes obv

eunuch loong wants to turn stinkypura into a ceca-haven so tiongkok can't claim stinkypura later or exert its influence since his yankee+zionist masters want it that way

in short, stinkies' dictator in chief is merely a pawn of his anglo zionist masters
It may be because many smarter and more entrepreneurial Malaysians who are not bumiputras have emigrated.

Last edited:

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
It may be because many smarter and more entrepreneurial Malaysians who Re not bumiputras have emigrated.

this is a total BS argument regurgitated by chink jiuhukia

there is no "smarter" chink jiuhukia anywhere in the world

they are all used to creating hypes like many other mediocre run of the mill kafir

when you ask for proof or evidence
they can not name any single high achieving intelligent intellectual jiuhukia chink
nothing
zilch
nada

not in history
not in last 1500 years
not today

zip.
zilch.
nada.
zero.
sifr.
z.e.r.o.

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
The evidence can be seen by the number of individuals who left Malaysia in the last 50 years.

i asked for evidence of their supposed greatness
"smartness" or whatever other BS u shifty chinks would cook up from time to time to sell yourselves to the highest bidder

there is no evidence that those jiuhu chinks have achieved any greatness
they are welcome to leave, of course
they were brought in by the brits
the brits have left, so should they

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have already conceded a few weeks ago. FTA good they now say. Can't back out of a statement like this. :unsure:

PAP is digging a deeper hole that they can't get out of it. 6 million unemployed Indians each year waiting for PAP to replace the ministers soon when 80% Sinikes are Indians.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only in a country with a large single workers union organisation that does not protect their own workers from cheap imported labour....