• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cash Back without Selling Your HDB.

franker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi ALL,

I bought my HDB at a low side 4 years ago and now the price increased and if I sell now I will have approx. 80k proceed.

I need the money to pay off debt to the bank for credit card outstanding and jobless for almost 6 months.

I am very reluctant to sell due to too much time taken and inconveniences.

Is there any way I can do it without selling my house but at the time get cash back as the valuation now is much higher now..

Any kind brother can help ?

Thanks

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi ALL,

I bought my HDB at a low side 4 years ago and now the price increased and if I sell now I will have approx. 80k proceed.

I need the money to pay off debt to the bank for credit card outstanding and jobless for almost 6 months.

Is there any way I can do it without selling my house but at the time get cash back as the valuation now is much higher now..

Thanks

You are asking a very strange question....:eek:

franker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry for the strange question...

Let me put it this way;

I seen some advertisement saying you can cash back without selling your HDB. I though it's refinancing but not apply to HDB.

Any property agent know how to go about it ??

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS,

i have read your past posts and noticed you have been out of job for quite sometime.

sorry for the dig..

but what you post is next to impossible.. where got no need sell house and yet still get cashback.. if you go to KFC, will u pay for imaginary chicken?

u ought to think of some other alternatives..

good luck.. sorry once again..

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi ALL,

Thanks

go ask belinda ang how to dock the housing rule to get cash without selling you p/hole.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
talk to the bank and mortgage your house again,,,,,,,, paper gain is no use, realised gain is when you sell your property

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry for the strange question...

Let me put it this way;

I seen some advertisement saying you can cash back without selling your HDB. I though it's refinancing but not apply to HDB.

Any property agent know how to go about it ??

That is just another fancy way for saying morgage. End of the day you still owe them $$ and will have to pay back eventually.

franker

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is just another fancy way for saying morgage. End of the day you still owe them $$ and will have to pay back eventually.

Yes, but now is more urgent to settle bank outstanding first. HDB morgage can have long repayment period and low interest. If default monthy to bank can be sue bankrupt.

cestycesty

Alfrescian
Loyal
how much do u owe first? u might wanna work out something with the bank first.. like cancelling the cards and paying back a fixed some of cash every month. they wont want u to go bankrupt.. better u pay back then they lose more. selling the house means buying another.. the moving takes time and if u rush to sell it. usually means a loss. mortgaging it. means another long period loan with interest. if u do mort fot more like 200K, are u sure u wont spend it away again? anyway i dont think u wanna sell your mort your house for some debt of 20K - 30K? or you have any friends or families you can turn to for help?

these are just a few options that u might wanna consider first. but regarding to your qn is your house maybe worth 80K more. but u wont get the money unless u sell it.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, but now is more urgent to settle bank outstanding first. HDB morgage can have long repayment period and low interest. If default monthy to bank can be sue bankrupt.

Hmmmm looks bad. Have you got any cashflow at all?

Not much options but...

1) Use the property as collateral for Over Draft facilities (not advisable as interest is high and you may be tempted to abuse it).

2) Talk to the bank to re-structure the outstanding into a home loan using your unit as collateral.

Best of luck. More importantly get some cashflow going.

franker

Alfrescian
Loyal
how much do u owe first? u might wanna work out something with the bank first.. like cancelling the cards and paying back a fixed some of cash every month. they wont want u to go bankrupt.. better u pay back then they lose more. selling the house means buying another.. the moving takes time and if u rush to sell it. usually means a loss. mortgaging it. means another long period loan with interest. if u do mort fot more like 200K, are u sure u wont spend it away again? anyway i dont think u wanna sell your mort your house for some debt of 20K - 30K? or you have any friends or families you can turn to for help?

these are just a few options that u might wanna consider first. but regarding to your qn is your house maybe worth 80K more. but u wont get the money unless u sell it.

My outstanding about 80K. I used to earn 4k per month but now jobless for about 6 month. Every month I depend on cash advanced till now.

I made a mistake for over committed in renovation loan 4 years ago where I took up two reno loan for my house thanks to the contractor lobang. Since then I keep rolling on the cash advance and repayment.

Partly becasue of my property agent venture failed but I already spend quite alot on this business including a car. The car sold at a loss and have to top up to the finance.

Now that I really can't make the repayment and no income I have no other choice to sell the house.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
My outstanding about 80K. I used to earn 4k per month but now jobless for about 6 month. Every month I depend on cash advanced till now.

I made a mistake for over committed in renovation loan 4 years ago where I took up two reno loan for my house thanks to the contractor lobang. Since then I keep rolling on the cash advance and repayment.

Partly becasue of my property agent venture failed but I already spend quite alot on this business including a car. The car sold at a loss and have to top up to the finance.

Now that I really can't make the repayment and no income I have no other choice to sell the house.

sorry to ask.. u married? any kids committment?

if not much committment then best is to sell house, clear loan and save on interest.

move back to stay with parents if possible.

franker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try Credit Counselling Singapore (CCS)

Hotline 1800 CALL CCS (1800 2255 227). Mondays–Fridays, 9am–6pm

Email: [email protected]

http://www.ccs.org.sg

Many of the staff there were previous bank managers or mortgage officers and they may be able to help you.

I been to CCS. I know they can help. But without a regular income monthly, can do up a proposal to the bank !

I am married with two kids still scholing and long way to support them.

I am real distress to think of a solution to start a fresh.

I been sending out lots of resume but my age 45 I think is the reason.

franker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmmm looks bad. Have you got any cashflow at all?

Not much options but...

1) Use the property as collateral for Over Draft facilities (not advisable as interest is high and you may be tempted to abuse it).

2) Talk to the bank to re-structure the outstanding into a home loan using your unit as collateral.

Best of luck. More importantly get some cashflow going.

Hey Wang Ye,

Thanks for your suggestions. Can you explain more your point no. 2 ?

I have outstanding from a total of about 7 banks including my HDB mortgage bank. You mean I talk to my mortgage bank for re-finance of the HDB and they will pay me cash base on the valuation of the HDB ?

Thanks
Frank

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont think you can use the property as collateral as its a HDB. I dont think there is any other way to raise cash unless you sublet the rooms or unit for rental.