• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can't beat them? Confuse them!

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
recently, there are certains individuals on this forum keep insisting that SG is allowing dual citizenship, that there is no need to give up your passort & withdraw your CPF monies.

With a rather serious brain drain of higher calibre singaporeans choosing to leave SG yearly, the MIW have attempted to fill their shoes with 3rd rate FTs from other countries.

those who gave up SG passport numbers to about 1000+ to 2000 yearly. My estimate of their CPF monies is about up to $200K per person. so effectively, these ex singaporeans will withdraw about up to $200 million of their CPF money when they migrate. With a population that is getting older, CPF's outlay is getting higher & higher as more reach their 55 and above mark.

Are they geting nervous about balancing the numbers? i think so, not to mention all those loses they suffered in 2009.

as such, we start to see information claiming that SG is allowing dual citizenship coming up in this forum etc. Maybe the MIW is indeed considering this. But will it happen in the short run? i don't think so. So, as it is,officially, SG still don't allow dual citizenship, and there is no "CASE BY CASE" basis that anyone is aware of.

For those who are considering leaving SG, be careful of those offering advice with regards to your SG citizenship. Information is available at ICA, just email or call them.

of course information regarding other migration destination is pretty accurate, all thanks to IWC, neddy, fishbuff, axe168, charlie and the rest. their info is definitely better than any civil servant, trying to offer tips about find a job & setting up a business etc

khlui11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Relax lah. In this world, even a professor is not always right. A street-smart guy is someone who can filter and differentiate what is right and wrong. If he can't do it, then I think it's better for him to stay in sg n let the gov take care of his every aspect of life la. =)

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must have misread. If you want to withdraw your CPF, you have no choice but to renouce your singapore citizenship. Most people will withdraw as they will need to purchase new houses and the investment returns are also better.

Dual citizenship refers to those who have little CPF, no CPF or can afford to leave their CPF intact. Typically businessmen, kids of migrants who come of age especially daughters and wives that don't have to be weighed down by NS liabilities.

You should read widely and try and make informed choices. Most people are intelligent enough to discern things.

that there is no need to give up your passort & withdraw your CPF monies.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
recently, there are certains individuals on this forum keep insisting that SG is allowing dual citizenship, that there is no need to give up your passort & withdraw your CPF monies.

With a rather serious brain drain of higher calibre singaporeans choosing to leave SG yearly, the MIW have attempted to fill their shoes with 3rd rate FTs from other countries.

those who gave up SG passport numbers to about 1000+ to 2000 yearly. My estimate of their CPF monies is about up to $200K per person. so effectively, these ex singaporeans will withdraw about up to $200 million of their CPF money when they migrate. With a population that is getting older, CPF's outlay is getting higher & higher as more reach their 55 and above mark.

Are they geting nervous about balancing the numbers? i think so, not to mention all those loses they suffered in 2009.

as such, we start to see information claiming that SG is allowing dual citizenship coming up in this forum etc. Maybe the MIW is indeed considering this. But will it happen in the short run? i don't think so. So, as it is,officially, SG still don't allow dual citizenship, and there is no "CASE BY CASE" basis that anyone is aware of.

For those who are considering leaving SG, be careful of those offering advice with regards to your SG citizenship. Information is available at ICA, just email or call them.

of course information regarding other migration destination is pretty accurate, all thanks to IWC, neddy, fishbuff, axe168, charlie and the rest. their info is definitely better than any civil servant, trying to offer tips about find a job & setting up a business etc

Bro, I noted your comment and I agree.

Why sink into an environment where the "black and white" depends on an individual or party's decision. Why get yourself in trouble if ya not in trouble.. Why keep you huge CPF for 2.5% where you can make it grow by >10% ? The opportunity cost will be greatly affected if one has an emotional feeling and cannot let go..

A true quitter has to make a right decision.. There is no such thing as high return -no risk. Ultimately, work your sum.. "to renounce" if you can make ya CPF money grow like crazy.. "to renounce", if the other side try to threaten u and make your son pay for it.. If you do not have a son, and hv no CPF money, there is no harm keeping the pink passport..

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I noted your comment and I agree.

Why sink into an environment where the "black and white" depends on an individual or party's decision. Why get yourself in trouble if ya not in trouble.. Why keep you huge CPF for 2.5% where you can make it grow by >10% ? The opportunity cost will be greatly affected if one has an emotional feeling and cannot let go..

A true quitter has to make a right decision.. There is no such thing as high return -no risk. Ultimately, work your sum.. "to renounce" if you can make ya CPF money grow like crazy.. "to renounce", if the other side try to threaten u and make your son pay for it.. If you do not have a son, and hv no CPF money, there is no harm keeping the pink passport..

Axe,

i think most of us, once we made the decision to leave, there is little in form of emotional attachment to this place. If there is, we wouldn't make this decision to begin with

The one major issue that everybody faces is whether to renounce citizenship, cos it involves our children's NS liabilities + our CPF monies.

I just hope that those who are seeking to leave SG for other 1st world countries don't get the wrong information with regards to SG issues.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Relax lah. In this world, even a professor is not always right. A street-smart guy is someone who can filter and differentiate what is right and wrong. If he can't do it, then I think it's better for him to stay in sg n let the gov take care of his every aspect of life la. =)

Khlui,

there is a lot of false information out there. Not everybody can see through it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The one major issue that everybody faces is whether to renounce citizenship, cos it involves our children's NS liabilities + our CPF monies.

I just hope that those who are seeking to leave SG for other 1st world countries don't get the wrong information with regards to SG issues.

Not sure if you are confused. You have renouce your singapore citizenship to withdraw CPF . There are no exceptions. I can't recall anyone stating that you can enjoy dual citizenship and still take out your CPF.

Here is the link to the CPF withdrawal for migrants. The conditions and declaration are clear in the application form. Only Malaysians need not renouce their citizenship when they withdraw their CPF but still have to show PR /new citizenship.

NS liabilites are clear

Forummer Khlui is right that you have to make your own checks.
http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/NR/rdonlyres/CE01AAAA-503A-492C-8BD9-D85E4870F821/0/CPFLM.pdf

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if you are confused. You have renouce your singapore citizenship to withdraw CPF . There are no exceptions. I can't recall anyone stating that you can enjoy dual citizenship and still take out your CPF.

Here is the link to the CPF withdrawal for migrants. The conditions and declaration are clear in the application form. Only Malaysians need not renouce their citizenship when they withdraw their CPF but still have to show PR /new citizenship.

NS liabilites are clear

Forummer Khlui is right that you have to make your own checks.
http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/NR/rdonlyres/CE01AAAA-503A-492C-8BD9-D85E4870F821/0/CPFLM.pdf

i think you are the one that is confused. You have been spreading wrong & inaccurate information, telling everyone that dual citizenship is allowed, encouraging those that are thinking of renouncing to keep their SG citizenship, dun withdraw their CPF.

My question to you is: Do you represent ICA or the Sg government's position on dual citizenship.

else everything you said about quietly allowing dual citizenship is heresay.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its a grey area as far as the government is concerned. Just this past week I went down to ICA with an old colleague and his wife. On the sixth floor there at counter 10 there is a woman who handles these cases. This old friend's wife has her USA and wanted to inquire about renounciation so first question was did she have another passport? She takes out her USA and shows it to the lady who said ok then pass her the form for renounciation. She did not lecture her about cannot have two or take her name down or anything. Interestlingly they do ask for all family I/C # which I though was interesting. At the next counter #9 we overheard a Singaporean inquiring about coming into SG with another passport while still holding SG. The next counter advised against coming into SG with another passport as they will pull you aside and ask why. In that case they may lecture you on holding two passports. The next counter calmy advised to enter SG and leave SG on SG passport.

It seems they are not forcing the issue or demanding you give up your SG citizenship - unless you want your CPF so it becomes a question of money then. Singapore seems perfectly willing to allow you to continue to hold two in this grey area as long as you dont make it obvious or force the issue.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should not be afraid of the PAP. They have damaged generations of singaporeans who are afraid to think or seek out information by themselves.

This nonsense of laws prohibiting holding of dual citizenship is false. Nobody has found any such laws. I too was misled until I realised that people were holding dual citizenship including some luminaries.

Conquer your fear. Grow some balls. Singapore does not belong to the PAP. Even after you have left and acquired Oz citizenship, you are still scared.

If keeping options in terms of dual citizenship does not appeal to you and you want a clean break people will undersatnd. However lets others decide for themselves and their children.

If you think dual citizenship is unlawful, help us by providing the relevant laws rather than perpetuating myths.

i think you are the one that is confused. You have been spreading wrong & inaccurate information, telling everyone that dual citizenship is allowed, encouraging those that are thinking of renouncing to keep their SG citizenship, dun withdraw their CPF.

My question to you is: Do you represent ICA or the Sg government's position on dual citizenship.

else everything you said about quietly allowing dual citizenship is heresay.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should not be afraid of the PAP. They have damaged generations of singaporeans who are afraid to think or seek out information by themselves.

This nonsense of laws prohibiting holding of dual citizenship is false. Nobody has found any such laws. I too was misled until I realised that people were holding dual citizenship including some luminaries.

Conquer your fear. Grow some balls. Singapore does not belong to the PAP. Even after you have left and acquired Oz citizenship, you are still scared.

If keeping options in terms of dual citizenship does not appeal to you and you want a clean break people will undersatnd. However lets others decide for themselves and their children.

If you think dual citizenship is unlawful, help us by providing the relevant laws rather than perpetuating myths.

Your post has just fulfilled the title of this thread. Since you don't represent ICA or SG government, you shouldn't be claiming that dual citizenship is "quietly" allowed.

You too, can't find any black & white official statement from ICA & the SG government allowing dual citizenship. Until that day comes, stop giving out false information

WHy don't you quite your civil servant job if the PAP really disgust you as much as you claim to be in other threads. Grow some balls.

you just don't get it, people are leaving SG because they are sick of this place, this society, it's people and the lifestyle here, not because they are "afraid" of the ruling party.

Last edited:

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a grey area as far as the government is concerned.....

thats the whole point here: It's a grey area.

Until it's put into law that dual citizenship is allowed, there is no guarantee you will not be liable for any offense, for holding 2 passports.

like Axe168 has said "Why sink into an environment where the "black and white" depends on an individual or party's decision. "

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
you just don't get it, people are leaving SG because they are sick of this place, this society, it's people and the lifestyle here, not because they are "afraid" of the ruling party.

Admire your frank statement bro.. I totally agree.

Ruling party can suck my balls (now), however, "if" I ever return.. it will be my chance to suck their balls ?! :biggrin: Due to my selfish & greedy nature ~ goes to where the opportunities are.. perhaps one day, I really bo bian.. gotto return and perform my ever greatest humiliation ~ suck pappy's hairy balls ! Eeeeek yuckz.. heehee

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Admire your frank statement bro.. I totally agree.

Ruling party can suck my balls (now), however, "if" I ever return.. it will be my chance to suck their balls ?! :biggrin: Due to my selfish & greedy nature ~ goes to where the opportunities are.. perhaps one day, I really bo bian.. gotto return and perform my ever greatest humiliation ~ suck pappy's hairy balls ! Eeeeek yuckz.. heehee

fact is SG is a country with 1st world infrastructure but with a 3rd world mindset.

unfortunately this country will be doomed by this 3rd world mentality that plagues everyone, from LKY to your ordinary ah beng.