• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Caning in schools

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back in P4 or P5, a group of us were caught cheating in a math test.
That teacher had a fit, ripped our test papers to shreds and threw my desk into the corner.

A chinese teacher flinged my buddy's CL2 ting xie book out the window (along with his pathetic scores) and got him to go retrieve it.

Needless to say, no more cheating in math. And my buddy started scoring better in ting xie. And behind all this, we held those two in high regard for standing up firmly against our bullshit.

On the other hand, as a class we sniffed out teachers who proved to be soft, and gave them hell. Sent one home crying iirc *hee hee* and the replacement teacher didn't fare too well either. Ahhh those were the days... getting nostalgic.

Tehsisiudai

Alfrescian
Loyal
i still remember when i was in P5, my class was so terrible that whenever some teacher was sick/ or leave, nobody want to relief for the teacher. So we always had free periods

sage

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was way back. The Chinese teachers were saddists, always used ruler to strike my knuckles. Bloody painful, hated them and CL like poison.

joker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, they always like to use our rulers to hit the pupils.

One of my teachers back then use my ruler to hit my classmate and then my ruler broke into two pieces. He just smile at me. KNN! :rolleyes:

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Corporal punishment don't work anymore. The day public caning can curb misbehaviors is the day when you can see pigs fly....

A

Alu862

Girls must suffer the same punishment. After all, they don't serve NS

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You obviously have not dealt with problem teens before. They are not rational adults who will listen to you. I'm aware of teachers' problems with punishing them too, and it's a bloody shame. Delinquents must be dealt with harshly - why break something that was not broken??

Part of the reason why parents are defensive now is because they hate the education system, and this is their way of getting back at it - threatening teachers and letting their kids get away with bad conduct. But this isn't the avenue for being so vindictive. In the end their kids will turn on THEM.

bro , are you trying to tell us that you support war ? are you trying to tell us that only violent can solve problems ? have you ever wonder that some teachers are abusing their "power" in school ?

those teachers who try to use violent to teach kids will have a reversed side effect , they are teaching those kids that violent is ok . dont forget , in japanese schools there are no such punishment , does it mean that all japanese schools kids are all hopeless ? dont let PAP brainwashed you dude .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
how can caning be considered violent, this is just another form of discipline...once you condone rebellious acts by these punks, it will fester and grow till one day they will end up as scums bags of society...

theres a lot of ways to discipline those kids . canning is not the only way . i prefer to use the word "teach" then "discipline" . i think kids will learn more then discipline ...hope you are not living in the stone age now .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sure changed, change for the worse. you a kid once, i sure u "respect" the cane that had stop u from doing things your parents disallow. just like now, Govt fines prevent you from many activites.:cool:

when i was a younger , nothing going to stop me even i got canning almost 3 times a month .
those ah long , drug pusher ..ect . do they stop what they are doing since so many of them got jail and even hanged ? are they scare ? no . do you get fine if you jaywalk ? do you jaywalk ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
in japan there are no fine for littering , smoking in non-smoking area ..ect .did most of the japanese go against the law in japan ? no . why ? they dont need tough law . now start thinking

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
the fact is that caning is an outdated mode of discipline and it has shown to cause a psychological scar on the student so its seldom used anymore