• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Caning in schools

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have a point in pointing out how some teachers abuse their power - i knew there were some teachers i despised. One tried to convert the whole class to Christianity by organizing a 'class outing' to her church. One would NOT catch a thief i pointed out who stole my stuff. One chinese teacher picked on me and made me stand in front of the whole school for punishment for a month, for something very minor. (chinese communist bitch)

On the other hand there were students who were really rotten and can only obey the cane, or worse. So the problem here is striking a right balance between abuse and legit punishment. The guidelines and rights must be laid out very carefully. I still think public caning is justified, but intentional targeting of a student, or forcing political/religious beliefs are a no-no.

I guess the real challenge

bro , are you trying to tell us that you support war ? are you trying to tell us that only violent can solve problems ? have you ever wonder that some teachers are abusing their "power" in school ?

those teachers who try to use violent to teach kids will have a reversed side effect , they are teaching those kids that violent is ok . dont forget , in japanese schools there are no such punishment , does it mean that all japanese schools kids are all hopeless ? dont let PAP brainwashed you dude .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You have a point in pointing out how some teachers abuse their power - i knew there were some teachers i despised. One tried to convert the whole class to Christianity by organizing a 'class outing' to her church. One would NOT catch a thief i pointed out who stole my stuff. One chinese teacher picked on me and made me stand in front of the whole school for punishment for a month, for something very minor. (chinese communist bitch)

On the other hand there were students who were really rotten and can only obey the cane, or worse. So the problem here is striking a right balance between abuse and legit punishment. The guidelines and rights must be laid out very carefully. I still think public caning is justified, but intentional targeting of a student, or forcing political/religious beliefs are a no-no.

I guess the real challenge

by the way , do you hit or scold your kids in public ?