• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cancer prevention and strategy for cure

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
For your own good, I insist that you don't even try foot massage if you have heart issues. I have been going for it every week for a few years while overseas, just to kill time. It helped with headaches etc. I stopped taking painkillers after three months of foot massage.

Some shops will make you sign a declaration that you do not have heart disease etc. that is not suitable for foot massage.

Most people with physical injuries sustained in the past and currently dormant, will get a recurrance of the pain when the rate of blood flow increase after the massage.

Rate of digestion will also increase after the session.

For you, please dont try foot massage. If you want to know more about foot massage, I can tell you more.:smile:

Anything that helps with circulation is good for those with heart problems. I have heard that there is a good place with experienced masseuse in Toa Payoh. They get people with all kinds of ailments going to them.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hope to see your views in the emigration folder..

Used to post about living in Canada but nowadays I see many forumers who've moved there are doing a good job of contributing about life there. So I leave them to it.

I've also got a respectable nest egg & don't plan on working anymore. Don't think I'll live much longer(10-15 years) so I'm just looking for somewhere nice to retire:smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For your own good, I insist that you don't even try foot massage if you have heart issues. I have been going for it every week for a few years while overseas, just to kill time. It helped with headaches etc. I stopped taking painkillers after three months of foot massage.

Actually I prefer body massage. Used to go to Batam every month for traditional massage. Have tried reflexology but didn't like it. Also don't like thai massage. If you're in Batam I recommend a place called "Sports Massage".

Interestingly in Indonesia foot massage is done by males because of the belief that males got the strength to give your tootsies a proper rubbing. While in LOS its more likely to be done by females

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I went health centre in KL got pool feet massage. Massage by small little fish. Quite tinkling and fun.

Was it at Times Berjaya? Many places there are offering the fishy massage :smile:

Even saw it being offered in JB at City Square mall but it didn't last:rolleyes:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was it at Times Berjaya? Many places there are offering the fishy massage :smile:

Even saw it being offered in JB at City Square mall but it didn't last:rolleyes:

A hotel complex quite a distance from Times. My M'sian friend intro and drove us there. Not too expensive. RM70 all night long with all kinds of pools and saunas and TV lounges and free flow foods eat all you want in like palace environment. Not cheapskate foods. Got chicken chop, fish and chips quite good western standards. Girl massage and sex of course pay extra. :wink: No alcohol allowed though, even if you willing to pay more.

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since you got egg nest liao, wish you long life.:smile:

Should choose a temperate country with four distinct seasons for good blood flow.:smile:

Used to post about living in Canada but nowadays I see many forumers who've moved there are doing a good job of contributing about life there. So I leave them to it.

I've also got a respectable nest egg & don't plan on working anymore. Don't think I'll live much longer(10-15 years) so I'm just looking for somewhere nice to retire:smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not too expensive. RM70 all night long with all kinds of pools and saunas and TV lounges and free flow foods eat all you want in like palace environment.

That's cheap.

It costs more to stay in the golden triangle. However that area is more happening. It's nearer to the malls , LRT, monorail,.. For RM$70 you can only get a tiny room at one of the budget hotels.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's cheap.

It costs more to stay in the golden triangle. However that area is more happening. It's nearer to the malls , LRT, monorail,.. For RM$70 you can only get a tiny room at one of the budget hotels.

It's actually not a hotel. It's a health centre inside the hotel complex. But can be used for overnight when waiting for bus tomorrow morning also. Cheap and good instead of paying one more night hotel. And as mentioned, extra services available. Pretty girls will be walking around chatting you up to see if you want their services. :wink:

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's actually not a hotel. It's a health centre inside the hotel complex. But can be used for overnight when waiting for bus tomorrow morning also. Cheap and good instead of paying one more night hotel. And as mentioned, extra services available. Pretty girls will be walking around chatting you up to see if you want their services. :wink:

Inside the Golden triangle are placed like the Federal Hotel, Green Elephant, etc. At night if you are walking around, you will be approached by helpful people :eek:

It's also within walking distance from Puduraya the bus station, but I prefer going to the small bus stop opposite Times Berjaya. The buses there follow a schedule & use the 2nd link when returning to Spore.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Inside the Golden triangle are placed like the Federal Hotel, Green Elephant, etc. At night if you are walking around, you will be approached by helpful people :eek:

It's also within walking distance from Puduraya the bus station, but I prefer going to the small bus stop opposite Times Berjaya. The buses there follow a schedule & use the 2nd link when returning to Spore.

I can't remember the name of the place, just estimate it's about 2-3km from BB. Anyway, my friend was driving so no bus problem. That wasn't a bus trip, my friend drove, meaning Singapore to and fro KL.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3. Protecting Your Bones

Contrary to popular belief, calcium does not protect bones. Not by itself, anyway. But since the body compensates for a calcium deficiency by leaching calcium from bones, it is important to get anough. So what are the best sources? Surprisingly -- at least for people who get their nutritional guidance from dairy council advertising -- milk is not a very good source. Sure, it's loaded with calcium, but it's not as easy for the body to absorb it as the calcium in kale or swiss chard, and the presence of protein, fats, and other products can cause the body to lose calcium from bones.

That's why the largest study of its kind found that eating dairy products provided no protection at all against bone fractures!

I'm drinking a green powder mixture of Ashitaba, Japanese Matcha Green Tea, Wasabi, Whole Leaf Grasses, Herbs & Vegetables, Chlorella & Marine Phytoplankton(http://www.iherb.com/Madre-Labs-Midori-Greens-6-35-oz-180-grams/9093?at=0). It suppose to have an alkanising effect.

I've read about the problems with milk. Such as using too much antibiotics on cows. That's why I selected "organic milk" for the "other" nutrients that milk provides. However I don't drink excessive amounts because I rotate with soy milk, oat milk, & rice milk.
Those concerned with milk can look at soy milk, oat milk, & rice milk.

However the problem with soy is that it might be genetically modified & they include sugar.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
milk is a protein and that is too much protein that turns your blood acidic.

When your blood is acidic, the calcium in your bones will be leeched out to make the blood alkaline again.

I get my calcium from green leafy vegetables and with vitamin C from fruits and vegetables, the calcium is absorbed readily into my body and bones.

with regular exercise, my bone density is higher than those meat eating losers.

Thanks for the article, very informative. Haha luckily unrepented highlighted, been drinking two glasses of milk a day recently!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've read some health related articles & all of them recommend at the minimum taking a multi-vitamin. They all point to the fact that food nowadays is not as nutritious because of the intensive farming methods used. The food that is available at NTUC may also be genetically modified. Studies have shown that animals fed GM food have a higher mortality rates. GM foods may also have more allergens that causes allergies.

When I was growing up, all my friends were healthy. The only exotic disease was color blindness:smile: However it's now common for the newer generation to have all sorts of strange illnesses. For example I have a younger colleague who found out that she was allergic to flour:eek: I remember reading about a family who emigrated to Australia because their child was allergic to many man made chemicals. In Australia their home uses only natural materials.

I'm not a nutrition expert. I don't know if the meals I prepare are balanced & well rounded. Taking multis is an insurance against a nutrient deficiency. When we get older good nutrition becomes more critical. Especially since the sins of when we are young are catchin e.g. missed breakfasts, eating fast food, ...:(

It's unfortunate that the PAP taxes food, medicine & supplements. This is one of many reasons that I'm planning on moving out of Spore:smile:

Yeah lor, that's why must eat organic where possible (i.e cost allow), don't know which food is GM. Nowadays quite common for children to have various food allergies whereas last time, no such issues.

True, think it was reported recently the elderly in Singapore have not enough nutrition, partly due to dental problems to digest food. Can know which type of multi vit you use in iherb, might as well know a good one in case need to take next time since getting old. :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Canada seems a really nice place to retire although very far from here. Yeah, life is short but don't know how short, my friend's grandmother still around at near 100, now staying in a nursing home. :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can know which type of multi vit you use in iherb, might as well know a good one in case need to take next time since getting old. :smile:

There are so many good multi-vitamin products out there & to be honest I don't actually know which ones better, so I've adopted a strategy of rotating between the different products:smile:

I'm now taking a product called True Balance designed for sugar control.
http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-True-Balance-High-Potency-Multiple-240-Capsules/838?at=0

I rotate with a product called NSI Synergy 3000 from www.vitacost.com:
http://www.vitacost.com/Vitacost-Synergy-3000-Multi-Vitamin

Also sometimes rotate with:
http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-Heart-Science-120-Tablets/1232?at=0
http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-Gluco-Science-90-Tablets/1179?at=0

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks for the article, very informative. Haha luckily unrepented highlighted, been drinking two glasses of milk a day recently!

suggest to cut down on or eliminate milk drinking, take soya milk instead.

I dun drink milk and yet my bone density is high. ( of course those milo, cakes, chocolate cannot avoid lah)

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Canada seems a really nice place to retire although very far from here. Yeah, life is short but don't know how short, my friend's grandmother still around at near 100, now staying in a nursing home. :smile:

Canada is indeed a nice place there's a good healthcare system & it's free if you are poor. This applies especially to senior citizens who don't need to work until they drop dead. For the old if they are infirmed they have various types of assisted living homes & not just old folks homes. For decades they have have had buildings codes that required that buildings be accessible to wheelchairs.

There's also plenty of businesses that offer senior citizen discounts. You can even attend the Univ of Alta for free:eek: The old are treated with respect unlike in Spore where the gov't sees them as a liability:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
suggest to cut down on or eliminate milk drinking, take soya milk instead.

I visited the NTUC branch at Toa Payoh & I saw that they have a brand named "Aussie Dream" which has organic Rice milk & organic Oat milk selling for $3.50 for a 1 litre carton. This is cheaper than the ones that used to sell for $5+

This is another organic option :smile: