• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can U Solf Tis 'Simple' Maths Exam Question? ...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u've heard of sinkielanz difficult maths questions ...

now try tis angmolan difficult angmo maths question 4 primary 2 ...

if u tink ze answer is 65, u r wrong ...

Exam-question-trending-large_trans++qeu1EEj63qgC2KauuzlUjPS5plK0DADLTnlqUSkScwo.PNG

A maths question aimed at seven-year-olds has left many adults confused - but can you work out the correct answer?

The practice exam question for Year 2 pupils was shared on Twitter by Louise Bloxham amid the ongoing debate about the benefits of primary school tests.

It received dozens of replies from users debating the answer after she wrote: “If you think the answer is 65, you would be wrong.”

Ms Bloxham explained the question was posted on a ‘Parents against Primary Testing’ Facebook group where a member insisted the answer, according to the mark scheme, was 46.

However, no evidence has been provided to back up this claim.

It led to many users complaining about the question being too difficult for Year 2 pupils and others suggesting it was “too ambiguous” ...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think the one who set the question mixed up the answer or left out a sentence in the question.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
19 - 17 = 2
2 + 63 = 65

I don't think the answer is 65, I know it is 65. Because I checked my calculations with a calculator, and my sums matched the calculator's.

Cheers!

Exam-question-trending-large_trans++qeu1EEj63qgC2KauuzlUjPS5plK0DADLTnlqUSkScwo.PNG

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The answer is 46 because the 19 who got booted out at the first stop are Opps. The remaining are PAP members

The exams paper asked how many pap-le to begin with. It is a question set by the PAP CEC.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The question is misleading only because of the use of semantics. The 17 who got on subsequently are not counted as part of the group who were on initially. This is an ambiguous question simply because of the use of language and nothing to do with math.

[ Now to politicize this thread ]
This is the bullshit that happens with foreigners take over the educational functions of our society. Fuck the PAP!
[ End of politicization. ]