• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can someone please help me to identify this soundtrack song?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Can someone please help me identify the soundtrack used in the TV trailer for Mediacorp's Okto channel for Animal Night, documentary titled "Life".

Many thanks!

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Further info : the current trailer uses an orchestral soundtrack, no lyrics (it's not "somewhere over the rainbow", which was used in Mediacorp's previous trailers some months ago).

It's a really epic-sounding soundtrack, similar to Lord of the Rings (but it's not LOTR).

G

General Kala

You are getting no response because nobody here watches mediacorpse TV. :biggrin:

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks for all your replies and suggestions.

I will attempt to record the track on my handphone and upload it online within the next few days.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I will attempt to record the track on my handphone and upload it online within the next few days.

I find most sinkies to be rather clueless beyond their text books and their job descriptions.:rolleyes:

http://www.primetv.co.nz/Portals/0/Life/music/index.html

music_title.jpg

george.jpg
George Fenton

(Soundtrack Composer)

George Fenton began writing music for theatre productions in 1974 after a brief career performing and song writing. He now works exclusively in film and television.

His scores for TV series include The Jewel in the Crown, The Monocled Mutineer, The History Man, Shoestring and Bergerac. He has written music for many of Alan Bennett’s plays, films and monologues as well as popular signature tunes including the BBC News and Newsnight and the major documentary series: The Trials of Life, Life in the Freezer, Beyond the Clouds, Shanghai Vice, The Blue Planet and Planet Earth for which he was awarded Soundtrack Composer of the Year at the Classical Brits in 2007.

Following the broadcast of The Blue Planet in 2001 for which he won Ivor Novello, BAFTA and Emmy awards for Best Television Score, he created the show, Blue Planet Live! which has toured both in the UK and worldwide, performed by many of the world’s leading orchestras.

He has composed for a wide variety of feature films, receiving Academy Award nominations for: The Fisher King, Dangerous Liaisons and Gandhi and was double-nominated for Cry Freedom for Original Score and Original Song. Other Scores include: The Madness of King George, Groundhog Day, Shadowlands, Ever After, Anna and the King, Stage Beauty, Mrs Henderson Presents, Hitch, and Fool’s Gold as well as Ken Loach’s films including, Land and Freedom, My Name is Joe and The Wind That Shakes The Barley and Looking For Eric.

He was recently commissioned by Magdalen College, Oxford to compose a new setting of the college Grace to mark the 550th anniversary of the college and has written a new setting of the Psalm Except the Lord Build the House for the dedication of a new building in Oxford.

He has a Royal Television Society Lifetime Achievement Award and is a Fellow of the British Academy of Composers and Songwriters.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scarlett J? :p

Filmart is alright! They do show a good movie or 2 once in a while.

Can ask Mediacorp bring back David Letterman or just re-run those good British sitcoms I oso don't mind...

The movie "Match Pont" was shown on Okto last Sunday.
Got Scarlett J one u know. :o

jw5

Loyal
Scarlett J? :p

Filmart is alright! They do show a good movie or 2 once in a while.

Can ask Mediacorp bring back David Letterman or just re-run those good British sitcoms I oso don't mind...

Give u a little tip.

Frmo July 28 on channel 5.
Covert Affairs starring Piper Perabo.
Tink u will like her. :wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The movie "Match Pont" was shown on Okto last Sunday.
Got Scarlett J one u know. :o

Sometimes they also have good foreign movies. It is nice to know that our kiddies have access to good programing as compared to the rubbish they show on channel 5:smile:

Have to admit that when I channel surf I include Okto in my list, for I never know what gem Okto has to offer :eek:

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Are you referring to the background symphonic music of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBws4yj7W1A
Sounds like an original track to me.

Thanks for trying to help, but the link you gave (and similarly, the link in Sam's sarcasm-laced but nonetheless-trying-to-be-helpful post) are for the official BBC trailer and productions. The music I'm looking for is used by Mediacorp for in it's own Mediacorp-made trailer for the documentary on Okto.

Thanks guys, I'll try to record and upload the track within the next couple of days.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There is no need to upload it here. Just use SHAZAM! :rolleyes:

My Nokia phone isn't one of the models listed here. Also, I don't like having additional charges on my phone bill, even if it works on my phone. Nonetheless, I do appreciate the ingenuity behind the Shazam song-identification service.

And I also appreciate the usefulness of smartphones these days that can do audio and visual recording, as well as the extensive networking made possible by the internet, including the use of forums such as these for people to communicate help each other out in many ways.

--------------------------------

Shazam on Nokia is compatible with the following models :

Symbian ^3 phones
For example: E6, C7, X7, N8

S60 5th Edition Phones
5530 XpresssMusic, 5800 XpressMusic, N97

S60 3rd Edition Phones
5320 XpressMusic, 5630 XpressMusic, 6210 Navigator, 6220 Classic, 6650, 6710 Navigator, 6720 Classic, 6730 classic, N78, N79, N85, N86, N96, E52, E55, E72

S60 3rd Edition Phones
Nokia 5700 XpressMusic, Nokia 6290, Nokia N76, Nokia N81, Nokia N81 8 GB, Nokia N82, Nokia N95, Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia E51, Nokia E66

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read her Wiki! She was in The Prestige (with Scarlett of coz! :wink:) and Carriers which I have watched!

But twice I felt she was overshadowed leh by her co-leading ladies.

Looks like she's not my kind of meat! :biggrin:

Give u a little tip.

Frmo July 28 on channel 5.
Covert Affairs starring Piper Perabo.
Tink u will like her. :wink: