• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can Singapore FAIL?

JiaJia

Alfrescian
Loyal
An Abridged article I read on the Net a while ago... Sharing with all brudders and sisters here....

The simple truth is that any society can fail. America is vulnerable. So too is Singapore.

Singapore's greatest strengths may also be the source of its greatest vulnerabilities.

One of Singapore's greatest strengths is that it is the world's most globalised nation. There is no doubt that Singapore has succeeded in a spectacular fashion because it has been the best surfer on the tidal wave of globalisation.

But what happens to the Singapore economy if we move from an era of globalisation to an era of de-globalisation? De-globalisation has not arrived. And if it arrives, how does Singapore avoid failure? I think Singapore is doomed.

Another of Singapore's big strengths is good governance.

Every society in the world, without exception, has experienced bad governance. Inevitably, Singapore will experience it some day. Can Singaporean society cope with bad governance? Can we ever conceive of the possibility of Singapore experiencing bad governance?

The best way of preparing for bad governance is for the population to rely less on the government to provide solutions and to rely more on individual citizens to find solutions. But the unfortunate corollary of good governance is that Singaporeans have come to rely on the Government to solve their problems.

Let me provide one small but significant example: Singapore is one of the cleanest cities in the world. But this happens because we employ an army of cleaners. Few Singaporeans take personal responsibility to remove litter.

I see this most vividly when I go running in the East Coast Park after a weekend. Mountains of rubbish are left thoughtlessly everywhere. One way to create a greater sense of responsibility is for each citizen to take individual responsibility for litter. Each citizen should pick up at least one piece of litter each day. If we cannot even pick up our own litter, can we prepare ourselves for the day when more individual responsibility would be needed?

A third strategic strength of Singapore is our ethnic harmony. Indeed, it is remarkable what Singapore has achieved in this area. Can we fail in this area?
The older generation of Singaporeans has fully absorbed the virtues of ethnic harmony.

The older generation of English-educated Singaporeans has a near total blindness to ethnic differences. I am not sure that the younger generation of Singaporeans can match this.

Some of the anecdotal evidence I have heard suggests that the younger generation of Singaporeans are more aware of their ethnic differences, partly because of the segregation caused by our second-language policies. This is one area we need to monitor carefully, if we want to look for possible causes of Singapore failing.

I have suggested only three possible ways how Singapore might fail. The likelihood is that if Singapore fails, the failure will be due to a completely unanticipated cause. Ironically, Singapore is a legend in military history because it provides a textbook example of how things can go badly wrong when you don't think of alternative ways of failing.

The British expected a Japanese naval attack on Singapore from the south. Instead, the Japanese came on bicycles from the north. The British discovered too late that their big guns were pointed in the wrong direction.

Winston Churchill and other British leaders were shocked when the supposedly invincible fortress of Singapore fell to the Japanese in February 1942.

Having fallen once as a result of a complete surprise, can we fail again?

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Last edited:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Canning the crap and diarrhea spewed from this bearer of shit from smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY

Langjeow to your innuendoing that Stinkapore got good governance.
Stinkapore got about the worse kind of governance with all the bad stuff from democracy and bad stuff from communism and bad stuff from fascism without any of the good stuff from democracy or good stuff from communism and good stuff from fascism

Stinkapore is nothing but a fucking leeching of sinkies money and blood for the fucking glory of smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY and his fucking PAP maggots cockroaches , all of them including the kangaroos should dangle from piano wires from lamp posts

Watch the funeral of smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY.

Before the fucking funeral itself, Stinkapore gaberment will fucking implode on its own inate rotteness

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Langjeow to your innuendoing that Stinkapore got good governance.
Stinkapore got about the worse kind of governance with all the bad stuff from democracy and bad stuff from communism and bad stuff from fascism without any of the good stuff from democracy or good stuff from communism and good stuff from fascism

Stinkapore is nothing but a fucking leeching of sinkies money and blood for the fucking glory of smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY and his fucking PAP maggots cockroaches , all of them including the kangaroos should dangle from piano wires from lamp posts

Watch the funeral of smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY.

Before the fucking funeral itself, Stinkapore gaberment will fucking implode on its own inate rotteness

The only place fit for that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY to be buried under

Public-toilet-sign-in-Bei-009.jpg

20080225-public%20toilet%20perrochon.jpg

7830541.jpg

20071010119200281322880800.jpg

Bury that bastard LKY under a public toilet or in sewerage treatment plant.
Sinkies shit on him or flowing around him will purify that bastard LKY
The stink of our shit will smell a lot better than that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY

4384613-burning-joss-sticks-at-the-temple.jpg

China-DSC_6922.jpg

Above for smear of shit on sole of shoe to eat and enjoy now.
When that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY go die his long painful agonising death, the ghouls and demons will be raping and screwing him and not allow him time off to eat joss sticks and candle wax.

HE BETTER START EATING THOSE JOSS STICKS AND CANDLE WAX NOW NOW NOW

Tongkatali

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought we already failed thus the current Fuckup state of affair in most major departments like public transport and housing etc.?

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is run like a dynasty. Nepotism, corruption and kangarooism are rampant in Singapore. It fails to be a good government.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An Abridged article I read on the Net a while ago... Sharing with all brudders and sisters here....

Not even providing the source of the article, which was written by Kishore Mahbubani. 'Abridged' article eh?

JiaJia = sneaky little bastard. :rolleyes:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just see those born in year 1980 to 2000. How they work???? How is the attitude?????
That a fail product and very hard to change>>>> Now SG need to depend on those born beyond year 2000 >> if another fail product then will be hell.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just see those born in year 1980 to 2000. How they work???? How is the attitude?????
That a fail product and very hard to change>>>> Now SG need to depend on those born beyond year 2000 >> if another fail product then will be hell.

I am an 80s kid... my batch is quite alright, no? :wink:

Those born in the 1990s and beyond, their impressionable years were moulded by social media sites.

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"The British expected a Japanese naval attack on Singapore from the south. Instead, the Japanese came on bicycles from the north. The British discovered too late that their big guns were pointed in the wrong direction."

We build a strong defence forces equipping them with the best and highly sophisticated weapons to protect our country. What if the enemy is within and not without?

The Little India incident is one good example which dwells in our minds and will not easily be forgotten.

Last edited:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the time comes to hang PAP bastards with piano wire from lamp posts,
Jiajia will be hunted down and strung with piano wire as well from the lamp post as he is clearly one of them.

THEY ALL ATE AND ATE AND ATE FROM US
WE WILL WATCH THEM DANCE WITH THEIR LEGS KICKING THE AIR

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore is already experiencing bad governance.

The only way of getting rid of this bad governance is for the 60% to accept that they've fucked up in 2011 and vote the 超级白 out in the coming one.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
get your fxxking facts right, british guns can point north, it can point any directions.

The simple truth is that any society can fail. America is vulnerable. So too is Singapore.

Singapore's greatest strengths may also be the source of its greatest vulnerabilities.

One of Singapore's greatest strengths is that it is the world's most globalised nation. There is no doubt that Singapore has succeeded in a spectacular fashion because it has been the best surfer on the tidal wave of globalisation.

But what happens to the Singapore economy if we move from an era of globalisation to an era of de-globalisation? De-globalisation has not arrived. And if it arrives, how does Singapore avoid failure? I think Singapore is doomed.

Another of Singapore's big strengths is good governance.

Every society in the world, without exception, has experienced bad governance. Inevitably, Singapore will experience it some day. Can Singaporean society cope with bad governance? Can we ever conceive of the possibility of Singapore experiencing bad governance?

The best way of preparing for bad governance is for the population to rely less on the government to provide solutions and to rely more on individual citizens to find solutions. But the unfortunate corollary of good governance is that Singaporeans have come to rely on the Government to solve their problems.

Let me provide one small but significant example: Singapore is one of the cleanest cities in the world. But this happens because we employ an army of cleaners. Few Singaporeans take personal responsibility to remove litter.

I see this most vividly when I go running in the East Coast Park after a weekend. Mountains of rubbish are left thoughtlessly everywhere. One way to create a greater sense of responsibility is for each citizen to take individual responsibility for litter. Each citizen should pick up at least one piece of litter each day. If we cannot even pick up our own litter, can we prepare ourselves for the day when more individual responsibility would be needed?

A third strategic strength of Singapore is our ethnic harmony. Indeed, it is remarkable what Singapore has achieved in this area. Can we fail in this area?
The older generation of Singaporeans has fully absorbed the virtues of ethnic harmony.

The older generation of English-educated Singaporeans has a near total blindness to ethnic differences. I am not sure that the younger generation of Singaporeans can match this.

Some of the anecdotal evidence I have heard suggests that the younger generation of Singaporeans are more aware of their ethnic differences, partly because of the segregation caused by our second-language policies. This is one area we need to monitor carefully, if we want to look for possible causes of Singapore failing.

I have suggested only three possible ways how Singapore might fail. The likelihood is that if Singapore fails, the failure will be due to a completely unanticipated cause. Ironically, Singapore is a legend in military history because it provides a textbook example of how things can go badly wrong when you don't think of alternative ways of failing.

The British expected a Japanese naval attack on Singapore from the south. Instead, the Japanese came on bicycles from the north. The British discovered too late that their big guns were pointed in the wrong direction.

Winston Churchill and other British leaders were shocked when the supposedly invincible fortress of Singapore fell to the Japanese in February 1942.

Having fallen once as a result of a complete surprise, can we fail again?

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LOL

by the time these sad ignorant sinkies find out for themselves.....too late liao bay???