• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can Pritam Singh decline the "offer" by Pinky ?

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chiam and Low decline previously
Will Pritam decline ?
Someone slapped you real hard yet you offered a candy in return ? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Pritam should decline. It will take a toll on him wrt to his time and expose him to unnecessary baggage.

Do not partake the poisoned chalice.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe Low will give Pritam sound advice
If he does take up the offer , it will be seen as a betrayal to WP , machiam sleeping with the enemy
Apparently Pinky or his eunuch advisors are not very bright
Once again , fuck PAP :FU:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will Pritam decline ?

They were previously offer the title without formal recognition. Which means they will be the 'unofficial' opposition leader. It an insult that no opposition should accept.

Now pap is prepare to give PS the formal recognition and give state resources to fulfill his duty. There is no reason for PS to reject.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe Low will give Pritam sound advice
If he does take up the offer , it will be seen as a betrayal to WP , machiam sleeping with the enemy
Apparently Pinky or his eunuch advisors are not very bright
Once again , fuck PAP :FU:
not really must use G resources to beef up the oppo forces

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
They were previously offer the title without formal recognition. Which means they will be the 'unofficial' opposition leader. It an insult that no opposition should accept.

Now pap is prepare to give PS the formal recognition and give state resources to fulfill his duty. There is no reason for PS to reject.
Yes, there is no reason not to accept. This is a salaried post so why not. Previous situations were different as the so called title was unofficial in nature. Low Thia Kiang rejected the offer back then saying either you are an opposition leader or you are not, there's no need for an unofficial title.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Objective is to hold majority seats in Parliament, no pointt being Opposition Leeder. Cut all the pally stuff, don't ever forget the ATC affair.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Leader of the Opposition is a member of parliament who leads the largest party, or coalition of parties, that is not in government.

The post of "leader of opposition" is not arbitrarily decided or offered or given by the PM...it is supposed to be chosen by a vote of the largest non-government party.

It is not up to the PM on his own to decide who gets the job.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree. If PS wanted to take down more GRC, then accept whatever that was given and used it against your opponent and not FOR your opponent. WP must always be reminded of past decades of constant attack from PAP, and should not lower their gut just because of the title given.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A part of me thinks that Loong is trying to sow discord between WP and the other political parties.

Ideally, WP and the other political parties form a coalition, even though not under the same banner during elections.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
What resources will Pinky provide to Pritam? A desk in a cleaned out storeroom with old Parliament stationery & a cleaner?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a real proper democracy, if the Prime Minister makes a speech to the Parliament, the Leader of the Opposition usually has the right of reply, which means being given equal time to speak on the issue.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will Halima invite the whole opposition for Tea to discuss Singapore issues or is she still sucking PAP dick while waiting for LHL's instruction to act? If she wanted to be known as independent and impartial, now is the time to prove. I don't think i have much hope in her.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP don't practise real British Model of democratic parliamentary practices. There is no hurry to accept the fanciful title of leader of the opposition.
Title or no title,your job as an MP is to speak up for the people's struggles.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will Pritam decline ?
Why do you need a leader in opposition? Why do you need to have a divide between PAP and opposition? I thought i the parliament. the MP regardless of which party will work towards the common good of Singapore?

if PAP initiate such division, it can only say that the members of the PAP isn't there for the country but for themselves only. PAP wants to make this divide even more obvious by having a leader in opposition.