• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can I persuade you all to get dual citizenship?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you not know of many ang mohs who dodge the tax regimes by working overseas and then retiring in their home countries to enjoy the benefits? Are these cases not considered cheating the system as well? There are plenty of people belonging to the underclass who are cheating the system in ang moh countries and you will be surprised that the overwhelming majority are not immigrants. I don't encourage cheating the system outright but if it is not stated you can't do something, there is no good reason preventing you from doing so if it benefits you.

I am not stopping anyone reducing tax, just anyone dodging tax. So to speak.

Look, after the Greek crisis and the Occupy Wall St movement, I started to think where all these are leading to.

Same for immigrants, after I see too many of these PRCs in my midst, I feel dirty.

When people tell me that when they see a PRC driving a luxury car, it must have cost 25 Chinese Villages. You suddenly start thinking, is that how people think of me. Of course, we can pay our way to become a "respectable" member of society.

One of my heroes used to be IKEA founder, because of the way he reduces his tax. :biggrin:

My illustration:
I stop getting free software because it is illegal and I can afford a licenced copy.
But I will not get eg Photoshop Elements 10 for AUD$149.
I will get a US licenced copy at Black Friday type of prices US$39.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This method is tried, true and tested.

Check out http://www.tda-visa.com/

I recommended this method to one of my sinkie ex colleagues who wanted to emigrate to NZ but didn't qualify under the skills program. In true sinkie fashion, he was too scared to get involved in devious schemes that skirt around laws. The PAP has trained sinkies well. They will stick only to paths that have street lights and are clearly signposted.

Excellent website.

Amazing. Your sinkee friend is more willing to let others screw him than to screw others. he must have been an employee all his life.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously I do not know you. The replies are to what you have posted. Not all will be keen, nor all can qualify. This meant for those who want to, are able to but not sure, hesitant, apprehensive etc.

Contrary to some beliefs, migration is not for the young, the rich and those who are upset with this govt. our forefathers crossed the South Seas to find a brighter in Nanyang. It no different. I am not asking people to migrate to Borneo or to Russia.

In 2003 I met an elderly gentleman who migrated with his wife. He was sponsored by his daughter. It was quite interesting. The wife used to sell Thosai at Marsling Hawker Centre and he was a security guard at Sembawang Shipyard. He told me that he sold his masionette when the prices were high in the late 90s. He and his wife bought a house in OZ and had enough in the bank to get along. They also get a state pension because of their age. He told me that he learnt to drive at age 60 in OZ and he his pride and joy are his roses. He told me that his HDB masionette funded his relocation. He said he used to wonder what would happened if his wife was too sick to man the stall and he no longer can work as a security guard. Now he does not have the worry. Universal health care is free, there are concession for various things because of their age.

I then commented that he was lucky to have a daughter to sponsor him. He told me all his elderly Singapore Khakis either sponsored or under the retirement scheme. I then recalled that if you are retiree and have an annuity, pension or a regular flow of income, you can get 5 year rolling visas but no health privileges. The point is not one size fits all.

Sorry. You don't know me. I have already achieved what you hope to achieve elsewhere without being anyone to do with PAP.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
People who are scared, insecure will come up with most imaginative excuse. Here are the common that will come at you;
1. Elderly parents
2. Do not want to be treated as a second class citizen
3. Fear of not getting employed
4. My spouse is not keen
5. What if I don't like it
6. Singapore is convenient.

Here are probably the real reasons;

1. Never really thought about it
2. Not sure if I can make it
3. I am not a risk taker
4. I am lazy to put the forms and documents together
5. I am uncomfortable with foreigners
6. It's a heavily responsibility as I have a family and not prepared to take the gamble

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I once mentioned this before. A singaporean was interviewed by a panel for a job in London. The interviewer told him that he was cautious of Singaporeans as they were readily compliant and prefer to follow procedures. He was actually asked why he would be different from other Singaporeans. During a think tank discussion, someone said that HDB was such a roaring success in the early decades, that it's template was firmly embedded in their minds. The application, the rounds of selection, the balloting, the walk-in etc. If it was not sign-posted, no hope in hell.
Hardly a unique situation. At least 60% of the electorate fall into the category you describe.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously I do not know you. The replies are to what you have posted. Not all will be keen, nor all can qualify. This meant for those who want to, are able to but not sure, hesitant, apprehensive etc.

Contrary to some beliefs, migration is not for the young, the rich and those who are upset with this govt. our forefathers crossed the South Seas to find a brighter in Nanyang. It no different. I am not asking people to migrate to Borneo or to Russia.

In 2003 I met an elderly gentleman who migrated with his wife. He was sponsored by his daughter. It was quite interesting. The wife used to sell Thosai at Marsling Hawker Centre and he was a security guard at Sembawang Shipyard. He told me that he sold his masionette when the prices were high in the late 90s. He and his wife bought a house in OZ and had enough in the bank to get along. They also get a state pension because of their age. He told me that he learnt to drive at age 60 in OZ and he his pride and joy are his roses. He told me that his HDB masionette funded his relocation. He said he used to wonder what would happened if his wife was too sick to man the stall and he no longer can work as a security guard. Now he does not have the worry. Universal health care is free, there are concession for various things because of their age.

I then commented that he was lucky to have a daughter to sponsor him. He told me all his elderly Singapore Khakis either sponsored or under the retirement scheme. I then recalled that if you are retiree and have an annuity, pension or a regular flow of income, you can get 5 year rolling visas but no health privileges. The point is not one size fits all.

Well, he still has to thank PAP for making the kind of money from his house. In Australia, you will never get the kind of property profiteering from the private market, much less any government built craphouse. There, property investment market is hardly heard of.

I am not saying Singapore is better than Australia. What I am saying is, the chap in mentioned happened to grab the best of both worlds.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is exactly what he said. He was thankful to Singapore for funding him. And you are right, he is maximising his potential by having the best of both worlds. Chee Swee Lee, Singapore's first Asian Games Gold medalist was rewarded with a scholarship to the US for the glory that she brought to the country in the Games as well as many SEAP events. She stayed on in US for. Hood and holds both US citizenship and the Singapore citizenship. And she loves both the countries.
Well, he still has to thank PAP for making the kind of money from his house. In Australia, you will never get the kind of property profiteering from the private market, much less any government built craphouse. There, property investment market is hardly heard of.I am not saying Singapore is better than Australia. What I am saying is, the chap in mentioned happened to grab the best of both worlds.

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
People who are scared, insecure will come up with most imaginative excuse.

aiya scroobal, save ur breath lah....whether pple wanto stay or migrate it is up to individual choice lah....if they donch wanto, will have lots of excuses lah.....if they chose to go....also will have lots of reasons lah......FYI my decision to make my move comes not from this or any other forums, but it started 1yr ago when I met my uncle and his family who have migrated to Aussieland...had a long heart-to-heart talk with my uncle on this subject......as for the excuse abt elderly parents.....my grandma who is now 80+ yo is using skype and video conferencing (we set it up and taught her how to use it) to chat with them about 3 times a week, or whenever she feel like it....haha...they actually communicate more now than before...LOL.....

if really wanto migrate, there are many ways to do it....no one size fit all....it depends on one's circumstances and desire.....dis my pov

xenomorph

Alfrescian
Loyal
People who are scared, insecure will come up with most imaginative excuse. Here are the common that will come at you;
1. Elderly parents
4. My spouse is not keen

3. I am not a risk taker
6. It's a heavily responsibility as I have a family and not prepared to take the gamble

detour detour detour scared scared scared

detour scared

do nothing do nothing

ft climb over your head

everything blame govt

船到桥头自然直

facebook

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Elderly parents
4. My spouse is not keen

3. I am not a risk taker

mr scroobal,

i am a silent reader here most of the time. i find that what you describe about the push & pull factors are very very 1 sided.

let me quote myself as an example. i have never never thought of migrating from singapore before. my reasons are simple, there are simply no reason at all for me to go. i have a 5-figure mthly salary, i have a 6-figure savings account, i stay in pte property, i own a car, i have 2 school going kids. most important of all, all my immediate family, friends etc are all in singapore. and yes i do vote for the opposition every single time.

it absolutely makes no sense for me to give up everything here just to 'prove' to anyone that i am not afraid of taking risks, mixing with foreigners, look for new house, new employment etc. there are things which are not right in sg now in my opinion. pap selling us out, too many foreigners etc. but why should we go because of them? they are the one that should get lost.

my point is : please dont go about ridiculing people that do not want to migrate. they have their reasons. 1 reason is that they could be doing better than you in sg.

nonsense

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my point is : please dont go about ridiculing people that do not want to migrate. they have their reasons. 1 reason is that they could be doing better than you in sg.

my point is : u like 2 use shortcuts in spelling. same as brocoli from PAP Internet Brigade. :eek:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Either immigrate or stay. No point talking bout it. I've talked about it enuff in the 90s. Now I just book a flight whenever there is a career fair in OZ and NZ. I dont wanna waste my time anymore trying to convince people that peesai is shit(only on sb i do ). Its good if you are covered for life and dont need to try hard than by all means stay putt. Back in the 90s, alot of sinkees i spoke to about immigrating overseas were against the idea. They all say peesai good. Even relatives in civil services were a pain to discuss such a topic of immigrating. Now they are all singing a different tune. Sinkees are sheep. One go, everyone else want to follow.

The problem for me in peesai is the overcrowding and the long hours in the FnB line. I put in more than 14 hrs a day which includes commuting to work. Which I find ridiculous. The peesai labour law doesnt cover me as I earn an executive pay. Therefore I can be worked to death. I've read people actually die at work in peesai. What the fuck for I risk dying for some shit peesai employer? Plus I am practically working for free since there is no 8 hour working law for execs. I work as a chef and over the years I have loss thousands of dollars in terms of hours ive put in my job compared to my counterparts of first world cuntries. Even the foreign chefs working in peesai gets a western style working rights from the sinkee employer ( just to carry balls). The sinkee employee always loose out in these kind of situation.
And it bugs me. Ive met a law graduate recently that wanted so much to be a chef and works part time for me. The chinese chap is a good cook but I told him that there is not much benefits working in the Fnb line in peesai. Peesai employers would still go for cheaper workers frm 3rd world cuntries and restaurants in peesai dont last long as most cant make the shitty high rentals. So FnB workers will always be looking for new jobs every now and than.
I have seen/worked and interviewed hundreds of qualified(degree holders) for lowly paid jobs at my restaurant. Everytime I see their resumes and qualifications, I feel embarrass to tell them the 1200 salary for a wait staff.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doesn't matter whether 1st world or 2nd world or out of this world. What matters is:

(a) you can have a shelter over your head & dignity of life without mortgaging 20-30 yrs of your most productive years to the PAP government

(b) you have opportunity to meet new people, expand your horizons, express yourself freely

(c) society allows you to work and be rewarded for your effort, and expand yourself in whatever way you want, and does not treat you like an economic digit

My second choice is canada :-) :-)

Yes my first choice was Canada but now its NZ just like you. I don't care much about whatever people say about NZ. I just love the outdoor life. Been to Canada and also love the place. When I was there I was calm and at ease unlike being in peesai. Probably I would stayin NZ for a few years and find work in Canana just for the experience.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would degree holders settle for 1200/mth jobs? Isn't a cert a golden ticket to untold wealth and success? Dumb sinkies. I earn in 1 week what those Oxbridge losers and senior civil serpents earn in a month :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
it absolutely makes no sense for me to give up everything here just to 'prove' to anyone that i am not afraid of taking risks, mixing with foreigners, look for new house, new employment etc. there are things which are not right in sg now in my opinion. pap selling us out, too many foreigners etc. but why should we go because of them? they are the one that should get lost.

Have you thought about the long term viability of Singapore given its location, lack of resources, lack of a hinterland, lack of the ability to conduct defense in depth should instability set in?

Have you considered the fact that the racial mix in Singapore itself is a smoldering powder keg and that racial tensions run high just below the facade of "racial harmony"?

Do you also realise that if all your assets are in Singapore, you're literally putting all your eggs in one basket and that they could plunge in value should Singapore falter?

"Doing Better" is a fleeting condition. 5 figure salaries can vapourise in 24 hours. 6 figure savings can be wiped out by serious illness.

I was in the same comfortable situation as you when I left 15 years ago. Cashing out is best done when you're well ahead of the game and not when the chips are down.

I had to sacrifice long standing bonds, friendships, business alliances etc but I did it for the sake of the long term interests of my family. They can now survive comfortably if I get run over by a truck tomorrow morning and if the whole family wakes up next week with cancer of kidney failure, I have complete confidence that our SEVEN figure savings won't have to be touched to fund the treatment.

Last edited: