• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buy your new iPad in Malaysia, it is cheaper!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I need a tablet mainly for PowerPoint presentation. My PowerPoint includes videos.

I only want either ipad or samsung galaxy. My question is,

1. Can the Samsung tablet edit PowerPoint like a notebook or desktop?
2. Can the samsung tablet play PowerPoint with videos like a normal notebook
3. Can the iPad play the PowerPoint with video with keynote?

Anyone can help with the above questions? Thanks.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NMgO_HFLPQo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hope this helps

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
saving of about 50 bucks is irrelevant, i have to go there in the first place, which cost money, i could be rob there, i could be arrest by the custom.

Nowadays people go to Bangkok with empty bags to pick up clothes, makeup, etc. If I was going to Bangkok & was looking at getting Apple hardware I would probably pick one up from Bkk. The $50 saved can be used to buy an Applecare extended warranty. However it's easier to get it from JB since I go there at least once a month. :smile:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ipad, iPhone, Macbooks are all considered as mobile products. ALL mobile products are covered by a worldwide warranty.

IT product are cheaper in Mudland by average 10% And accessories price can be different by 50%.
Can buy the IT product in Mudland and get the warranty in Singapore because is worldwide warranty(mean that can sent to SIngapore service center for FOC when the product still under warranty).

Haha exactly. Save $50 but forget about the time spent to travel. Also the warranty is not international.

Scrooball (clone) is RIGHT . They donch cover international warranty. Why I know ? Becoz I call APPLE and clarify... :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I even help you guys to call Apple USA. Warranty not worldwide. If you want worldwide warranty, get Asus.

You can contact Apple USA for technical support however when it comes to warranty information for products bought in Apple South Asia you should really contact a local service provider or the Apple South Asia office.

I checked from a reliable source & the iPad, the Macbook Air & Macbook Pro products are covered by an International warranty. The iPhones only have a local warranty.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
My iPad was bought from there last time and it 70 dollars cheaper based on the exchange rate then

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My iPad was bought from there last time and it 70 dollars cheaper based on the exchange rate then

Foreigners who shop in Spore can claim a GST refund. I don't see why anyone would want to willingly contribute to the PAP's coffers if you can avoid it. It's all about spending your own hard earned $$ wisely:wink:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nowadays people go to Bangkok with empty bags to pick up clothes, makeup, etc. If I was going to Bangkok & was looking at getting Apple hardware I would probably pick one up from Bkk. The $50 saved can be used to buy an Applecare extended warranty. However it's easier to get it from JB since I go there at least once a month. :smile:

nah, i only shop for clothes in japan, i dun buy cheap clothes unless it is very comfortable and good quality, almost cannot find good quality clothes that is cheap. I dun buy makeup. I tried to avoid holiday in third world countries. The pollution are bad there, you save money, but you breath in the toxic air and get cancer. You know what i am talking about, what you flew above bangkok, did you not see the brown or grey tint in the air. Cancer medication cost 500 dollars per day. Saving 50 bucks for ipad. yeah no thanks.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nah, i only shop for clothes in japan, i dun buy cheap clothes unless it is very comfortable and good quality, almost cannot find good quality clothes that is cheap. I dun buy makeup. I tried to avoid holiday in third world countries. The pollution are bad there, you save money, but you breath in the toxic air and get cancer. You know what i am talking about, what you flew above bangkok, did you not see the brown or grey tint in the air. Cancer medication cost 500 dollars per day. Saving 50 bucks for ipad. yeah no thanks.
I once asked a friend who travels US often to check the price on MB Air, the difference is around $40 diff that time, told my friend forget it, I rather buy here... doesnt matter whether its 3rd world country lah.....

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New iPad start selling in Malaysia today liao. Here is price comparison between Sinkapore and Malaysia prices. Lookin at the table, it is definitely worthwhile crossing over to JB City Square and buy the new iPad from there as you save between $40 to $50 ...
y dey sel chippa in msia? ... sg is world crass, world bestest, world lumpar 1 woh! ...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why should Sporeans have to pay $50 more than our neighbours in LOS & Malaysian:confused: All these extra $$ is part of the PAP taxes e.g. COE, ERP, high public transporty, high utility bills. etc I'm simply voting with my dollars & shopping elsewhere, outside of Spore. :wink:

I usually go to Bangkok just for fun. However on my next trip I'll also be looking at the hospitals for dental services, EECP, Stem cell treatments, good optician,..... & maybe a new laptop. :smile: So it all adds up to more than just $50 dollars. $50 is also not a small sum, it's over 16+ plates of char kwat teow.

As for the dangers of cancer I think everyone should take a closer look at our own backyard. I know of many Sporeans getting breast cancer & lung cancer:eek: As a precaution I have started taking supplements which are reputed to help prevent cancer. Even our own PM is a cancer survivor. :eek: I'm really worried about the health issues of staying in Spore & it's one of the reasons I am seriously looking at moving to somewhere with a healthier environment such as Chiangmai. Pattaya, Vancouver, etc

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why should Sporeans have to pay $50 more than our neighbours in LOS & Malaysian:confused: All these extra $$ is part of the PAP taxes e.g. COE, ERP, high public transporty, high utility bills. etc I'm simply voting with my dollars & shopping elsewhere, outside of Spore. :wink:

I usually go to Bangkok just for fun. However on my next trip I'll also be looking at the hospitals for dental services, EECP, Stem cell treatments, good optician,..... & maybe a new laptop. :smile: So it all adds up to more than just $50 dollars. $50 is also not a small sum, it's over 16+ plates of char kwat teow.

Whitening teeth services is cheaper there, stripping of pubic hair also cheaper :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
As for the dangers of cancer I think everyone should take a closer look at our own backyard. I know of many Sporeans getting breast cancer & lung cancer:eek: As a precaution I have started taking supplements which are reputed to help prevent cancer. Even our own PM is a cancer survivor. :eek: I'm really worried about the health issues of staying in Spore & it's one of the reasons I am seriously looking at moving to somewhere with a healthier environment such as Chiangmai. Pattaya, Vancouver, etc

Come to think of it, skin cancer is rare in Sinkieland. Maybe it's because we are very thick skinned?:wink:....LOL