• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

business thread ...share your experience .

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Christian book stores are typically found in suburb malls, tucked away at some corner with less human traffic.
The rent can be quite expensive.
Christian music CDs must be original too. The customers can tell.
You'll also have to pay taxes.

It is better to set up a gift shop, with a corner dedicated to selling Christian memorabilia and trinkets, while other gifts in the shop can range from naughty, wacky, new-ageish, retro, nostalgic, seasonal, cute, romantic etc. You'll reach a broader scope of consumers.

Hmmm, all this while, I thougt this group of people quite gullible one?

Taxes? No problemo. My policy : Buy Low, Sell High! Make Proft, Declare Loss!

Naughty stuff cannot. Against my principle. Only sell Holy Things!

Cheers!

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
I started a business with a partner 8 years ago, we were formerly working for others in this industry and decided to strike on our own. The company had only 2 of us, it was really tough going as there were many competitors in the market and we were competing against much bigger players for business. We had numerous setbacks, but we just kept working at it. Now my company has 12 people, all graduates including several masters holders. Our future looks bright, but we still have a long way to go.

In the early years, we learnt the hard way that in order for our company to survive in this industry, we had to focus on the niche areas where there is little competition. The reason there is little competition is because it requires a lot of R&D and there's little demand for it, finding customers for these products is difficult. Most of our competitors prefer to do the much easier business of trading in the mass market.

So we began developing our products for the niche market, and travelled overseas frequently looking for customers. After much effort, we manage to secure several overseas projects. The key thing we learnt in the niche market is that we need to be flexible and innovate to compete. Our competitors have fixed products that do not meet all of the customers specs. And each customer has different requirements. For us to win the business, we have to work with customers to customize, develop and fine-tune our products to meet all their requirements, as well as provide them very good tech support. All these are very time consuming processes and have monetary costs.

The evolution of my company over the years is surprising to me, never would have expected it. We started as a small local trading company, to a niche market R&D company, and soon becoming a manufacturing company. For the past 8 years, I've been working like shit, and when I get home, I've to help look after children and listen to the wife nagging for coming home late, not helping with the children, blah blah blah... This kind of life can drive me insane.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
niche is where the money is, it's better than stiff competition. i know a lot of companies are doing business with another cos' of long time relation, so how can you break in???
and also, some big companies invite tender for show and process only, before hand, they already have in mind who to award the contract to.

In the early years, we learnt the hard way that in order for our company to survive in this industry, we had to focus on the niche areas where there is little competition. The reason there is little competition is because it requires a lot of R&D and there's little demand for it, finding customers for these products is difficult. Most of our competitors prefer to do the much easier business of trading in the mass market.

So we began developing our products for the niche market, and travelled overseas frequently looking for customers.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to give a small contribution to this thread. This is a very important story book I read that changed my life especially where business is concern. Go read it, take you less a day to finish this life changing fairytale.

Bro. The Good Luck Book is 373 pages. How to finish in 1 day?!! Anyway, i will go take a look at this book. Cheers! Have a good weekend!!

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I started a business with a partner 8 years ago, we were formerly working for others in this industry and decided to strike on our own. The company had only 2 of us, it was really tough going as there were many competitors in the market and we were competing against much bigger players for business. We had numerous setbacks, but we just kept working at it. Now my company has 12 people, all graduates including several masters holders. Our future looks bright, but we still have a long way to go.

So we began developing our products for the niche market, and travelled overseas frequently looking for customers. After much effort, we manage to secure several overseas projects. The key thing we learnt in the niche market is that we need to be flexible and innovate to compete. Our competitors have fixed products that do not meet all of the customers specs. And each customer has different requirements. For us to win the business, we have to work with customers to customize, develop and fine-tune our products to meet all their requirements, as well as provide them very good tech support. All these are very time consuming processes and have monetary costs.

The evolution of my company over the years is surprising to me, never would have expected it. We started as a small local trading company, to a niche market R&D company, and soon becoming a manufacturing company. For the past 8 years, I've been working like shit, and when I get home, I've to help look after children and listen to the wife nagging for coming home late, not helping with the children, blah blah blah... This kind of life can drive me insane.

bro ...thankyou for contributing your biz story .

Borat

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the past 8 years, I've been working like shit, and when I get home, I've to help look after children and listen to the wife nagging for coming home late, not helping with the children, blah blah blah... This kind of life can drive me insane.

So good to hear of your story which is one of sheer determination. I am sorry to know about the tough times at home and hope you do actually have a supportive family. There is little satisfaction if your efforts are not appreciated. The road to success is seldom smooth but I think you are definitely on the way.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro. The Good Luck Book is 373 pages. How to finish in 1 day?!! Anyway, i will go take a look at this book. Cheers! Have a good weekend!!

This is very much like children book big spacings easy to read and understand. Ok maybe not one day but one and a half day is sufficient.