• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Business owners cry foul over SinkTel WC2010 package

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There are so many morons in this forum I feel like giving up the whole crusade.:rolleyes:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm expressing my opinion just like everyone else who responds in one way or another.
Alamak, but you couldnt care less what, so who cares about your opinion? :confused::confused:

You dun say anything will save some kbs in your HDD space you know? :p:p

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happened to that loser, haven't seen his singapore bashing of late.

it is well known fact that prostitutes are busy during WC season.

punters win $, go n call chicken to celebrate.

punters lose $, go n call chicken to get rid of bad luck.

thus that CB kia's ladyboy biz also improve a bit. even though i will never understand why so man dun fuck real woman n look for ladyboy instead.

that cb kia tonychat bz pimping his ladyboy wife lah.

:biggrin:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
actually business owners lack their own common sense. they stupidly pay & pay like suckers, and they transfer the cost to consumers/ patrons. all they need is just to disconnect from cable tv, switch over to a solid aerial receiver & show RCTI or RTM telecasts of the wcup matches. when game is over, switch back.

no extra costs incured, no need to transfer costs to consumers/ patrons. everyone's happier too

One coffeshop here in Geylang Serai is showing world cup live on RCTI.

I wonder have they floated any law?:p

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
ALL international transmissions are delayed telecasts for the simple reason that the signals have to travel 80,000 km before they are processed and re-broadcast.

Wow! 80,000 km takes 1 second from South Africa to SinkTel and another 6 seconds for SinkTel to deliver to her customer ( 42 km max ).

Wonder what kind of grease is use for their MIO broadband cable? :wink:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If switch to Aerial antennae and watch Indonesia channel, it will be the fastest. Encoding into digital signals and sending to digital decoders to decode takes time. Just that in this case, starhub is faster than singtel, both are slower than antenna..

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If switch to Aerial antennae and watch Indonesia channel, it will be the fastest. Encoding into digital signals and sending to digital decoders to decode takes time. Just that in this case, starhub is faster than singtel, both are slower than antenna..
I wonders what's the deal between 2 of them. It's like you dun like Tiger, you can switch to Carlsberg.

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singtel and Starhub use different technologies to deliver content.

Singtel technology is better for Internet. Starhub technology is better for TV.

That is why Singtel sucks for TV and Starhub sucks for Internet.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its illegal actually, according to SinkTel and SuckHub :p:p You cannot air it in public

until they build a giant Faraday cage around the whole singapore island, sinktel and starhub cannot block free signal from overseas stations. they also cannot stop singaporeans from using antennaes to receive any signals.

the kopi shop is not flouting any rule since they are not buying any sinktel/starhub services.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
While many Sinkies are in dire straits because they have lost their jobs and their livelihoods, some morons are complaining about an insignificant 7 second delay in a competition of absolutely no relevance to Sinkieland.

Well, that’s the Confucian state for you. Local Ah Beng is a self-absorbed breed. He, along with ‘oppositional’ bodies, tend to behave like chinese triads and just bother about their own interests.

Have you ever heard the dictum, ‘every people deserve the government they get’? Well, in Singapore, Ah Beng is far from deserving a true alternative for want of the collective and mutual empathy required to produce and support such alternatives. A pathetic situation but entirely self-inflicted.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, that’s the Confucian state for you. Local Ah Beng is a self-absorbed breed. He, along with ‘oppositional’ bodies, tend to behave like chinese triads and just bother about their own interests.

Have you ever heard the dictum, ‘every people deserve the government they get’? Well, in Singapore, Ah Beng is far from deserving a true alternative for want of the collective and mutual empathy required to produce and support such alternatives. A pathetic situation but entirely self-inflicted.

The consolation is that the PAPee dogs have ensured that nehs remain a minority in Singapore.

Otherwise, you could be looking at these headlines daily....

guest_molested_2_female_hotel_employees-thumbnail.jpg

mustafa_execs_stole_36000_worth_of_cellphones_from_shop-thumbnail.jpg

bogus_sporean_doctor_attended_to_over_400_patients_in_australial-thumbnail.jpg

lawyer_asked_client_to_bellydance_for_him-thumbnail.jpg

alcoholic_caned_and_jailed_for_attacking_man-thumbnail.jpg

man_attacked_cabby_taxi_nearly_crashed-thumbnail.jpg

man_who_attacked_police_wants_to_retract_guilty_plea-thumbnail.jpg

businessman_turned_violent_on_flight_when_refused_more_alcohol-thumbnail.jpg

spore_firm_fights_us_company_over_rights_to_web_tablet-thumbnail.jpg

security_guard_jailed_for_punching_cabby_in_the_face-thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
until they build a giant Faraday cage around the whole singapore island, sinktel and starhub cannot block free signal from overseas stations. they also cannot stop singaporeans from using antennaes to receive any signals.

the kopi shop is not flouting any rule since they are not buying any sinktel/starhub services.
This 1 i'm not sure, but i remember i read in the news and asked some bro here also, oh well :p:p:p