• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

bus driver running red light

CALLofDUTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
....... am going to write to and call the bus company on monday. .....end quote
with bus number, service number, time of incident and PRC description of driver

only thing i don't have is a phone with a camera
and soon, im planning to give up phone as well and only use email, if only pagers were still around..

Pagers are still around but it is more costly. If there's anything you can forego, never let go the hp.
It's just too important. Buy a 2nd hp with camera.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
....... am going to write to and call the bus company on monday. .....end quote
with bus number, service number, time of incident and PRC description of driver

only thing i don't have is a phone with a camera
and soon, im planning to give up phone as well and only use email, if only pagers were still around..

All PRC look alike...ha ha ha some say "slit eyes, yellow skin"... heh heh heh

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi, wendy, how are you? must be good ya..:smile:

when i was in china, the way they drive is like in wild wild west. imagine driving behind another car about one arm's length at 60km/hr, traffic condition is heavy. every minute there, i feel accident is going to happen. but that is how they commute in guangzhou area.

was just on bus 67 going in direction of serangoon road. at newton, the driver ran a red light. (11.30pm) the one just before the bus stop before the circus. its a light that pedestrians use to cross.
i immediately went to the front to tell him he just ran a red light and all he say in mandarin was something to the effed that he could not understand what i was saying.. all i could manage in mandarin was the words : red light

i am going to write to and call the bus company on monday. hopefully the camera in the bus has picked it up.
however, i personally tend to believe it will be a case of : if no one was killed, then why bother.... i believe that's the society we are in now...

well lets see what the response from the bus company will be

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi, wendy, how are you? must be good ya..:smile:

when i was in china, the way they drive is like in wild wild west. imagine driving behind another car about one arm's length at 60km/hr, traffic condition is heavy. every minute there, i feel accident is going to happen. but that is how they commute in guangzhou area.

It is still a wild west over there, more like wild, mad chinaman!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and there is no basic safety rule such as following at a safety distance or what so ever..

though i believe they are trained here and have been briefed but some bad habits are hard to break.

It is still a wild west over there, more like wild, mad chinaman!

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are we saying sinkees don't beat red lights? Incompetent and lazy sinkees first blame the garment then those more talented without thinking why are they sinking.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing will happen. Until more people from bus accident. Already about 1 case/month accident involve bus accident injury/death.
Figure must up until every week one case then LTA/TP will wayang.

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Our Ref: BS-CT-1212-0011

Dear Wendy

This is to acknowledge we have received your feedback on 26 November 2012 and wish to apologise for your unpleasant experience.

We would like to share that the supervisor of the Service Leader(SL) has been duly informed of the incident. We will also launch an investigation to look into your feedback and appropriate disciplinary action will be taken if the SL is found to have been negligent or infringed safety standards when carrying out his duties. Rest assured that we will look into this matter and determine the appropriate action to take against the SL concerned. Please be assured that the mentioned SL also closely monitored and your feedback will be noted in his record and taken into account during his annual performance appraisal.

We would also like to share with you that prior to allowing our SLs to drive on our roads, all our SLs, especially those who are not local are sent for a basic English language course. However, we do recognise that some of our drivers are still not very conversant in the language as it takes time for one to adapt to a new language. Please be assured that we do arrange English language refresher training for our SLs and will continue to train our them better.

As a service provider, we take a serious view of issues pertaining to safety and lapses will not be condoned. To foster a safety culture amongst our Service Leaders, we conduct regular dialogue sessions, refresher courses and where appropriate; disseminate reminders on the importance of adhering to safety guidelines, being mindful of the wellbeing of our passengers and the safety of other road users.

We appreciate you for highlighting this matter to us and look forward to providing you with a better in future.

Yours sincerely

Kalaivani Jayaram

Customer Relations

SMRT Corporation Ltd

Last edited: