• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

bus driver running red light

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
was just on bus 67 going in direction of serangoon road. at newton, the driver ran a red light. (11.30pm) the one just before the bus stop before the circus. its a light that pedestrians use to cross.
i immediately went to the front to tell him he just ran a red light and all he say in mandarin was something to the effed that he could not understand what i was saying.. all i could manage in mandarin was the words : red light

i am going to write to and call the bus company on monday. hopefully the camera in the bus has picked it up.
however, i personally tend to believe it will be a case of : if no one was killed, then why bother.... i believe that's the society we are in now...

well lets see what the response from the bus company will be

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
was just on bus 67 going in direction of serangoon road. at newton, the driver ran a red light. (11.30pm) the one just before the bus stop before the circus. its a light that pedestrians use to cross.
i immediately went to the front to tell him he just ran a red light ...
wat did u xpek ze bus driver 2 do? ...

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to see if he realised his mistake. but in my work experience, even if he did, he probably wont admit to it, until he is shown the camera footage
even show footage, will also die die come out with some excuse. And bus company will come out with stupid response like 'Dear Ms. Wendy Chan, We refer to your email.............cannot brake safely for the............... thank you for the................'

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even show footage, will also die die come out with some excuse. And bus company will come out with stupid response like 'Dear Ms. Wendy Chan, We refer to your email.............cannot brake safely for the............... thank you for the................'

yalor... dont waste time lah. if lucky, the reply maybe from delgo spokewoman tammy something telling wendy in a polite manner that wendy can push her demands up her arse.:biggrin:

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
The sand/soil trucks plying tanah merah are another nuisance. Used to hire thai drivers, now they hire indian FTs - since they pay these guys by the number of trips they make, viola - you get a traffic (un)safety situation. Especially when these guys skip meals during the day and drink toddy at night

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what's the pt? Even if someone got killed (touch wood) you'll read some protest on stomp all the other forums including this one and then life goes on.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i immediately went to the front to tell him he just ran a red light and all he say in mandarin was something to the effed that he could not understand what i was saying.. all i could manage in mandarin was the words : red light

i am going to write to and call the bus company on monday. hopefully the camera in the bus has picked it up.
however, i personally tend to believe it will be a case of : if no one was killed, then why bother.... i believe that's the society we are in now...

well lets see what the response from the bus company will be

You are suppose to fasten your seat belts, when the seat belts lights are on! you did not hear the announcement?:biggrin: there are seat belts at the rear..please fasten your seat belts when the light is on...and whatever is moving...:rolleyes:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
what's the pt? Even if someone got killed (touch wood) you'll read some protest on stomp all the other forums including this one and then life goes on.

yes thats the sort of society i believe we have become

the response may be

1. a fake apology
2 denial if no camera hence no evidence
3 admit, but since no one died its a small matter
4 f someone died, then honest mistake, must move on

HARDAttack

Alfrescian
Loyal

the response may be

1. a fake apology

You will be asked to lodge a magistrate complaint on your own if you want the police to investigate.
This is the norm nowadays.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the response may be

1. a fake apology

Don't take public transport, if it is too dangerous for you?? what is the use of complaining, take action, note the time during the route, take down the service number, bus registration number, note how the bus CAPTAIN look like, use your camera on the phone take some pictures or without the CAPTAIN notice, take his snapshot..go on-line , send an email to the transport provider , attached your pictures...they can know if you are bluffing or not, by running an audit of all the buses/train rides you take..from your EZlink card.

If you want printed proof of travel as well, go pay 90c get a receipt...don't go grumbling, take action!...or wear a helmet & body armor when you take public buses...& please use the seat belts on the seat at the rear of the bus..

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't take public transport, if it is too dangerous for you?? what is the use of complaining, take action, note the time during the route, take down the service number, bus registration number, note how the bus CAPTAIN look like, use your camera on the phone take some pictures or without the CAPTAIN notice, take his snapshot..go on-line , send an email to the transport provider , attached your pictures...they can know if you are bluffing or not, by running an audit of all the buses/train rides you take..from your EZlink card.

If you want printed proof of travel as well, go pay 90c get a receipt...don't go grumbling, take action!...or wear a helmet & body armor when you take public buses...& please use the seat belts on the seat at the rear of the bus..

....... am going to write to and call the bus company on monday. .....end quote
with bus number, service number, time of incident and PRC description of driver

only thing i don't have is a phone with a camera
and soon, im planning to give up phone as well and only use email, if only pagers were still around..

Last edited: