• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Budget Terminal - Soon to be history

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Building need to tear down. is a waste. Opposition MPs now is the turn to question the Budget Terminal decision.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dun think they will got anything to say, the budget terminal is useless and looks bad anyway....

Why built it and tear down so fast. Really a waste. If can use as cargo terminal/warehouse still not bad.
Imagine how much million $ waste.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was not the lack of amenities. It was just too small for the fast increasing numbers of travellers and budget planes. It was poor planning by the airport authorities.

I've never used the dreaded BT. Whenever I fly budget class it has always been with Air Asia. I did fly with Tiger when they first started but back then the Budget Terminal did not exist.
Thinking of visiting the BT to see if it is really that bad. Read that they don't even have escalators:eek:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So got new T4 soon?

1995 when I was working for a gas company I was called to a CAAS meeting to supply private gas to new kitchens as they were in the planning stage to construct T3 and towngas will have to be cut off. They have to plan accurately and consider future expansion. In the meeting we needed to look at drawing so that we could run pipings. Guess what I saw in the drawings? T7 was already in the plan. Yes they are very forward looking and I was impressed. However I have to say that I remembered seeing some future terminals being small ones not as big as T2 & 3.

But the construction companies, subcontractors and construction workers are very happy such experiments, the sooner they fail, the sooner the next projects come.

Budget terminal's roof used hundreds of thousands of my screws.

Why built it and tear down so fast. Really a waste. If can use as cargo terminal/warehouse still not bad.
Imagine how much million $ waste.

It ok la then they will use more screws

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't it ironic that it was called a "Budget" Terminal? haha

Penny wise, pound foolish. You would expect nothing less from those scholar-bureaucrats.

They're the same dolts who suggested to Vivian Balakrishnan that a computerised monitoring system will help solve the flood problems.

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
...those scholar-bureaucrats...dolts...
Personally, although I also agree that many of these "dolts" are quite stupid, I'm even more inclined to think that they're EVIL/MALICIOUS/HYPOCRITES, i.e. greedy for power, possessions and pleasure (the 3 Ps, as I like to call them), without regard for the consequences, whether in this world or the next, while still pretending to be "good" people! :mad:

Last edited:

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
1995 when I was working for a gas company I was called to a CAAS meeting to supply private gas to new kitchens as they were in the planning stage to construct T3 and towngas will have to be cut off. They have to plan accurately and consider future expansion. In the meeting we needed to look at drawing so that we could run pipings. Guess what I saw in the drawings? T7 was already in the plan. Yes they are very forward looking and I was impressed. However I have to say that I remembered seeing some future terminals being small ones not as big as T2 & 3.

I agree that they are very forward in planning. Anyone noticed that in the brand new T3, the gates start with A B C and then follow thru' to T1 - is D E F.. and you have to wonder or imagine that T1 was built 25 years before T3...

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
A & b = t3

c & d = t1

e & f = t2

i agree that they are very forward in planning. Anyone noticed that in the brand new t3, the gates start with a b c and then follow thru' to t1 - is d e f.. And you have to wonder or imagine that t1 was built 25 years before t3...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do we really need another new terminal:confused:

As I see it the limitation is the limited air space over Spore. If they give out more slots to airlines it will only mean more congestion on the ground like what is happening on our roads.
Of course scaling back expectations is not as lucrative as building like there is no tomorrow, but isn't that the role of a government:confused:

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do we really need another new terminal:confused:

As I see it the limitation is the limited air space over Spore. If they give out more slots to airlines it will only mean more congestion on the ground like what is happening on our roads.
Of course scaling back expectations is not as lucrative as building like there is no tomorrow, but isn't that the role of a government:confused:

The max one long haul for something like B747 is actually about 20 hours, enough to reach London or New York from Singapore. But most airlines like to break it into 3/6/9/12 hours transit stops. It's because of passengers and profits. How often can you find about 400 passengers fill a plane for a single 20-hour long haul flight everyday? If you break the route into transits, you can unload and pickup passengers along the way to keep the plane filled. Singapore's location is very good for the transit business enroute to many countries. Most of Changi Airport profits are from transit business, refuelling, catering etc.

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
fake charbo ireneyeoh's points kena zap like nobody biz. seems like a lot of ppl hate ladyboys.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RoyMcFarland said:
will be times that passengers check in at T2 and get bused to remote parking bays to board their aircraft. .
Yeah, the tarmac run. And still have to contend with heavy lug on baggage
not the lack of amenities. It was just too small for the fast increasing numbers of travellers and budget planes. It was poor planning by the airport authorities.
When 1st open, arrival passage linkway was non-aircon .. kns (redressed that later). And who can forget the PR contest to name ternimal. Couldn't they just simply BT (another acronym as on what's painted on the road towards terminals)?

Guess poor planning didn't envisage increase budget carrrier traffic, with costly revamps.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look at what Air Asia has done in Kuala Lumpur. They have regular & cheap shuttle buses to/from the airport to KL Sentral which is KL's main downtown station. This station is connected to the LRT & monorail network as well as taxi services.
KL Sentral is right, but the blxxdy LCCT is miles and miles from nowhere, and also KLIA (with airport train). Granted AA made it popular, but whole darn place looks more like a crowded inter-city bus terminal (nor surprising, as AA's also a domestic carrier. Have you walked through passage to board AA planes when raining? It's a nightmare to pick correct plane to board. Shuttle ride is too long, and taxi ride to town can (ironically) cost you more than 1 way fare. And if I bothered to drive to Sg, I'd probably be half way down Malacca way liao

So old Subang for FireFly is more sane, nearer to PJ and downtown.

Gone through same facelifts, and hear there are plans afoot to rebuild (resite?) new LCCT

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
It started operations in 2008. So its only been around for 4 years:eek: The Budget Terminal is an example of what is wrong with modern Spore. Poorly thought out experiments by overpaid scholars:rolleyes:

Would be interesting to see which construction companies have benefited from the original Budget Terminal project & if this same group of people will benefit from the new project:eek:

Watched CNA yesterday said the T4 will have no aerobridge too, like that what is the difference with current budget terminal? Why must tear down and re-built and cannot renovate and extend?!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KL Sentral is right, but the blxxdy LCCT is miles and miles from nowhere, and also KLIA (with airport train). Granted AA made it popular, but whole darn place looks more like a crowded inter-city bus terminal (nor surprising, as AA's also a domestic carrier. Have you walked through passage to board AA planes when raining? It's a nightmare to pick correct plane to board. Shuttle ride is too long, and taxi ride to town can (ironically) cost you more than 1 way fare. And if I bothered to drive to Sg, I'd probably be half way down Malacca way liao

So old Subang for FireFly is more sane, nearer to PJ and downtown.

Gone through same facelifts, and hear there are plans afoot to rebuild (resite?) new LCCT

What to do, it's a trend for airports to move further away from city centres e.g. HK, KLIA, Taiwan, BKK,.. :(

Been a long time since I've flown to KLIA. Used to fly there on company bizness. Nowadays I go to KL on my own time & I usually just take a bus because I find it more convenient. I take the bus from Novena .

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The max one long haul for something like B747 is actually about 20 hours, enough to reach London or New York from Singapore. .......

When I travel in the US it's quite common to see planes queuing up to take off. It's that crowded:eek:

In the case of Spore I suspect what they need is more parking space & not more terminals just :smile: Of course the authorities will not admit this & would prefer to build more terminals as they can charge more for shop rentals & the airlines for terminals:wink:

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I travel in the US it's quite common to see planes queuing up to take off. It's that crowded:eek:

In the case of Spore I suspect what they need is more parking space & not more terminals just :smile: Of course the authorities will not admit this & would prefer to build more terminals as they can charge more for shop rentals & the airlines for terminals:wink:

It's the taxiing queue on departure and arrival (not your taxi cab). During my time, Narita queue could take more than 30 minutes. I heard that the situation has been relieved somewhat after Haneda took on more international flights. Changi considered good, seldom exceed 10 minutes. Parking and servicing is at the hangar after disembarking passengers, not a problem for passengers in terms of waiting time. Yes, airport shop rental is big business too.

Last edited: