• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Budget 2020- SG United , 18 Feb 2020 , Tue.

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_20200217_013200.jpg

SINGAPORE - Families will get help with daily expenses and firms can look forward to tax rebates in the Budget on Tuesday (Feb 18) as the nation deals with the economic fallout from the coronavirus outbreak.

Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat said in a video message on Sunday (Feb 16) that the Government will do "all that is necessary" to help workers and firms recover from the health crisis.
"Never doubt that Singapore has the means to bounce back from this outbreak," he added.

:thumbsup::thumbsdown:

Got give daily expenses $5k each ???

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I spotted the 'SG United' malarkey on some of the digital ads at the lift lobby. So this was what it was about... Bajet. :rolleyes:

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heng Swee Keat , 17 Feb 2020

We are hours away from the Budget Statement, which I will deliver in Parliament tomorrow.

Usually, we try to settle the details as early as possible. This year, we could not, because of the COVID-19 outbreak. The Ministry of Finance (Singapore) team has been putting in extra hours to track the fast-evolving situation, listening to Singaporeans’ suggestions, and coming up with targeted support measures. We have many young officers at MOF, and I had really hoped that they could have a nice Valentine’s Day with their loved ones last Friday. Instead, they asked for understanding from their partners, and worked with me through the night and over the weekend.

I have also been working closely with Cabinet colleagues involved in managing the various facets of the COVID-19 outbreak. My thanks to all of them, and to Lawrence Wong and Indranee Rajah, who are with me in MOF, and have been contributing to this Budget over the months.

#SGBudget2020 will include measures that were not on the table one month ago. We would not have been able to act quickly and decisively, if not for our deep reserves. I do not mean only our financial reserves — which give us the ability and confidence to respond robustly to unexpected situations. I also mean the reserves of strength, resilience, empathy, and resourcefulness among our public servants and fellow Singaporeans. If we did not possess such qualities, we could not stay united through this crisis and emerge stronger.

Without these reserves, we would have been much worse off — both financially and psychologically. My team and I would not be able to spend the last few weeks working on the stabilisation and support measures. We would instead be lying awake trying to project the negative impact of the outbreak, how much of a hit we are going to suffer, rather than what we can do to stabilise our economy and support our people.

As Finance Minister, I am grateful for the efforts and sacrifices of not just one generation, but of many — going back to my illustrious predecessor Dr Goh Keng Swee, Singapore’s first Finance Minister, and our Pioneer and Merdeka generations.

We must never take for granted our reserves of strength that we have built over the years — these can be squandered easily. I urge all of you, my fellow Singaporeans, to never forget but treasure what we have inherited.

Somebody asked me, “Is the outbreak a disruption to the Budget?” I thought about this. You could look at it as a disruption, or you could see it as a spur and a test for us. It spurs us to do our best for Singaporeans, who are themselves doing their best for their families and those around them. It is a test for us to show that we can rise to the challenge, and be worthy of the generations who came before us, and future generations to come.

I am proud of our public officers, who are working selflessly on the frontline and in the backrooms. I am moved by our people whose acts of kindness and compassion inspire us. I am grateful for the deep reserves we have — of finances, but more importantly of friendship, care, grit. I will do my best to protect and grow these. Let’s advance as One Singapore, and emerge stronger as one people.

Now, it’s back to work on the Budget speech.

You can watch/listen to my speech live on Tuesday 18 February, 3pm, on the following platforms:
1. MOF Budget website (www.singaporebudget.gov.sg)
2. CNA TV
3. CNA YouTube (www.youtube.com/channelnewsasia)
4. CNA website (www.channelnewsasia.com)
5. CNA938
6. Mediacorp MeWatch (www.mewatch.sg)
7. Ch8 News website (www.8world.com)
8. Mediacorp CAPITAL 958 城市频道
9. ST website (www.straitstimes.com)
10. MONEY FM 89.3
11. Lianhe Zaobao (www.zaobao.com.sg)

(MCI Photo by Chwee)

mastermaster

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can watch/listen to my speech live on Tuesday 18 February, 3pm, on the following platforms:
2. CNA TV
5. CNA938
10. MONEY FM 89.3
12. Straits Times Review Facebook (www.facebook.com/STReviewUncensored/)

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is that it??

$100 for your PASSION, $100 to pass on to NTUC Supermarket, please hoard me...they will shout, HUAT AH! .. $300 you are eligible, somewhere I think as usual in July & the other $300 in November. Don't worry be happy, we care for you. Wait for the raise in tariffs etc..

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
$100 for your PASSION, $100 to pass on to NTUC Supermarket, please hoard me...they will shout, HUAT AH! .. $300 you are eligible, somewhere I think as usual in July & the other $300 in November. Don't worry be happy, we care for you. Wait for the raise in tariffs etc..
KNN why cannot give cash $100 directly must topup passion card becas
1. Hopefully not all go to queue to topup KNN
2. After queue topup and queue give back to cunt KNN

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN why cannot give cash $100 directly must topup passion card becas
1. Hopefully not all go to queue to topup KNN
2. After topup give back to cunt KNN

Sorry no home delivery...queue up & use the machines found at Bus Interchanges or you do not know how to use the machine , queue up at the counters they will open or at the translink counters..sorry no GRAB home deliveries. But later they will increases prices & GRAB you...akan datang, cumiing soon..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More money into yourskillsnofuture funds, that is nice window dressing, where many will never use that money. It is like those days, when Reader's Digest send you those advertisement, " YOU HAVE WON $1,000 IN OUR SWEEPSTAKES'...but you must buy this, buy that, to entitle to some lucky draws....same with the skillsnofuture fund...YOU HAVE WON NOW $1,000...another scam.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2. CNA TV
5. CNA938
10. MONEY FM 89.3
12. Straits Times Review Facebook (www.facebook.com/STReviewUncensored/)

You're a shill or presstitute? Tasked to register an account on this forum and advertise the Budget Speech? :rolleyes:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is passion card top up?
Must have passion card then can is it?
If no passion, how to get?
KNN if my uncle guess correctly any card with black and white with the word passion can topup KNN for pg they all have a passion card with a photo KNN for non pg mostly will have 1 during the ns voucher time when pap gave home team and safra membership KNN if both also don't have then my uncle also not sure liao KNN