• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buddhism Thread

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For all Buddhists to contribute their learnings.

If you are here in this thread to create mayhem, you are pre-warned.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Im going to Camp here waiting for chance to create awareness for all Buddhist .. Omitoufuck :wink:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
For all Buddhists to contribute their learnings.

If you are here in this thread to create mayhem, you are pre-warned.

From your signature line and your 2nd paragraph, it is very clear you failed to grasp even the most basic of buddhist teachings.

Let me explain..

Look at your second paragrah. You have violated the sacred buddhist precept of right speech.

4. I undertake to abstain from wrong speech: telling lies, deceiving others, manipulating others, using hurtful words.

Second you sig of 'may buddha bless you' shows that you've confused buddha with jesus. Unlike jesus who lives on eternally, buddha is dead. Died 2500 years ago. Nirvana. No reincarnation means he cant bless you. He is not a god, but you regard him as one. You are prime to convert to christianity any time.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if anyone have no system to figure out what of your beliefs is delusion and magical thinking versus what is true, then you are Lost :wink: I'm here to shed some light for your path :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
From your signature line and your 2nd paragraph, it is very clear you failed to grasp even the most basic of buddhist teachings.

Let me explain..

Look at your second paragrah. You have violated the sacred buddhist precept of right speech.

4. I undertake to abstain from wrong speech: telling lies, deceiving others, manipulating others, using hurtful words.

Second you sig of 'may buddha bless you' shows that you've confused buddha with jesus. Unlike jesus who lives on eternally, buddha is dead. Died 2500 years ago. Nirvana. No reincarnation means he cant bless you. He is not a god, but you regard him as one. You are prime to convert to christianity any time.

Good one bro :wink:Is it possible that ppl have been told a lot of semi-truths and half-truths and 1/3 truths ..... and that's why their lives are a wretched suffering mess?

Then ppl like us comes along and has the balls to point a few things out and a lot of feathers get ruffled .... when we just stating the truth, plain and simple as We know it. By the way , Dharma is the word for Truth .:wink:

Last edited:

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religious thread very quiet these days....what happen to Rev Psalm and his followers Sir Kinana and St conqueror ??

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Religious thread very quiet these days....what happen to Rev Psalm and his followers Sir Kinana and St conqueror ??

Bro how are you ? Since rev psalm , sir kinana and st conqueror are gone another religion freak coming in . That's why I'm here now :wink:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good one bro :wink:Is it possible that ppl have been told a lot of semi-truths and half-truths and 1/3 truths ..... and that's why their lives are a wretched suffering mess?

Then ppl like us comes along and has the balls to point a few things out and a lot of feathers get ruffled .... when we just stating the truth, plain and simple as We know it. By the way , Dharma is the word for Truth .:wink:

The plain truth is that many are delusional. VERY delusional. I remember 2 forumners here or CNA forum who claim that they are already at near-enlightenment state!:biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The plain truth is that many are delusional. VERY delusional. I remember 2 forumners here or CNA forum who claim that they are already at near-enlightenment state!:biggrin:

Religion makes ppl delusional .. That's the most scary part of religion which I find it amazing :wink:

As for Enlightenment, the term can be used two ways. Firstly, Enlightenment (aka Liberation, Awakeness, etc, etc.) is our essential nature. Secondly, with Self-Realization and the understanding that goes with it regarding the world, it is said they become Enlightened. They didn’t become anything…they just realized what already is (their essential nature and being). the great irony is that when you are “Enlightened”, you realize it was always there and have gained nothing…all the searching was for nothing :wink: whahhaha.

Last edited:

always1600

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, religion makes ppl delusional.....it's long proven. Buddhism is a teaching, a learning process not a religion. We can start this journey together.....

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
True, religion makes ppl delusional.....it's long proven. Buddhism is a teaching, a learning process not a religion. We can start this journey together.....

I think the answer to this is BOTH, but it depends what you mean by a 'religion' and what you mean by 'philosophy of life'.

It is a religion because it involves the elements of belief, faith and self- transformation, which do belong to some philosophies as such but which I believe are more characteristic features of religions. In all religions I would argue that faith and belief are paramount and also the self-transforming aspect. People turn to religion very largely because they thought it can improve their life, their self or their moral conduct or to take greater comfort in life. This is why religion is termed the 'opium of the masses' it is a 'bolster' which "protects" ppl from the bad times. At the very least, it offers that to us in the form of 'understanding which gives comfort'. In this sense a religion is a set of beliefs which we take comfort from but which cannot be conclusively proved objectively as true or false. So Buddhism is religion too :wink:

Last edited: