• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buddhism and violence

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In Southeast Asia, Thailand has had several prominent virulent Buddhist monastic calls for violence. In the 1970s, Buddhist monks like Phra Kittiwuttho argued that killing Communists did not violate any of the Buddhist precepts (Jerryson 2011, 110). The militant side of Thai Buddhism became prominent again in 2004 when a Malay Muslim insurgency renewed in Thailand's deep south. Since January 2004, the Thai government has converted Buddhist monasteries into military outposts and commissioned Buddhist military monks and give support for Buddhist vigilante squads (Jerryson 2011, 114-141). In 1930s Rangoon, nationalist monks stabbed four Europeans.Myanmar had become a strong hold of Buddhist aggression and such acts are spurred by hardline monks.The oldest militant organisation active in the region is Democratic Karen Buddhist Army (DKBA), headed by a Buddhist monk U Thuzana, since 1992.In the recent years the monks, and the terrorist acts, are associated with the 969 Movement particularly in Myanmar and neighboring nations. "969" refers to numbers associated with the Buddha, his teachings and monkhood (also known as Bhikkhu). As of 2012, the "969" movement by monks had helped create anti-Islamic nationalist movements in the region, and have urged Myanmar Buddhists to boycott Muslim services and trades, resulting in persecution of Muslims in Burma and Buddhist mob calls for a Muslim extermination.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Myanmar
Buddhist violence in Myanmar are the ethnic terror attacks particularly against the Rohingya people and other Muslims in the region, the terror attacks were motivated by Buddhist monks (the prominent among whom is Wirathu) with the creaton of 969 Movement, the violence reached to prominence since June 2012, killing more than 200 people and around 100,000 people were displaced. According to the Human Rights Watch report the Burmese government and local authorities played a key role in the forcible displacement of more than 125,000 Rohingya and other Muslims in the region. The report further specifies the coordinated attacks of October 2012 that were carried out in different cities by Burmese officials, community leaders and Buddhist monks to terrorize and forcibly relocate the population. The latest violence of Meiktila (20 March 2013) and of Lashio (28 May 2013) are the latest Buddhist violence in Burma.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sri Lanka
During the Sri Lankan Civil War (1983-2009), Buddhist monks urged the government to take aggressive stances against the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE). Dr. Tessa Bartholomeusz, Professor at the Department of Religion, of Florida State University writes in her book In Defense of Dharma: Just-War Ideology in Buddhist Sri Lanka; that prominent Buddhist monks in Sri Lanka advocate a "Just war ideology" against LTTE.

A Buddhist fundamentalist group Bodu Bala Sena (BBS), had expressed concerns about the growth of Muslim's economy in Sri Lanka, and urged the fellow Buddhist to boycott such products manufactured and sold at Muslim's retail chains. In response to the appeal in March 2013, a bhikkhu led a mob of hundreds of Buddhists to attack a retail chain lead by Muslim owner in Colombo. The BBS had organized a moral unofficial police team to check the activities of Christian missionaries and Muslim influence in daily life.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Japan

The beginning of "Buddhist violence" in Japan relates to long history of feuds amongst Buddhists. The Sōhei or "warrior monks" appeared during the Heian period, although the seeming contradiction in being a Buddhist "warrior monk" caused controversy even at the time. More directly linked is that the Ikkō-shū movement was considered an inspiration to Buddhists in the Ikkō-ikki rebellion. In Osaka they defended their temple with the slogan "The mercy of Buddha should be recompensed even by pounding flesh to pieces. One's obligation to the Teacher should be recompensed even by smashing bones to bits!"

In more modern times Buddhist-inspired terrorism or militarism have also occurred in Japan,such as the Ketsumeidan assassinations led by Nichiren Buddhist preacher Nissho Inoue. The Zen priest Brian Daizen Victoria documented in his book Zen at War how Buddhist institutions justified Japanese militarism in official publications and cooperated with the Japanese Army in the Russo-Japanese War and World War II. In response to the book, several sects issued an apology for their wartime support of the government.

Aum Shinrikyo, the shinshūkyō that unleashed Sarin gas into the Tokyo subway and killed thirteen people, injuring fifty, drew upon Buddhist ideas and scriptures. Religious studies scholar Ian Reader notes how Aum "emphasized its use and command of esoteric and tantric Buddhist practices," published magazines called Mahayana and Vajrayana Sacca, and advocated Tibetan Buddhist ideas of the Bardo and phowa (1996, 16-17). The religious justification for Aum Shinrikyo's use of violence was connected to Buddhist rationalizations of taking the lives of "less spiritually advanced" beings, that by killing a person in danger of accumulating bad karma in this life was to save them in the next life, thereby advancing them towards salvation. While many discount Aum Shinrikyo's Buddhist characteristics and affiliation to Buddhism, scholars often refer to it as an off-shoot of Japanese Buddhism and this was how the movement generally defined and saw itself. In a later work Ian Reader cautions that its self-definition as Buddhist might appear dubious to other Buddhists and that at its root Aum was a "charismatic religious movement" framed around an individual figure. He notes it had Hindu and Christian influences, but that its primary focus was Buddhism.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tibet
One of the celebrated rituals in Tibetan Buddhism is the Tibetan monastic assassination in 841 of a King Langdarma. According to the Chos 'byung me tog snying po the Tibetan king had supported the indigenous religion of Tibet over Buddhism and reduced the political support of Buddhist monasteries.Later the differing schools of Tibetan Buddhism would occasionally fight each other, although mainly for political reasons, with sectarian disputes between the Kagyu and Gelug schools playing a role in a Tibetan civil war.

After the 2008 unrest in Tibet, the official stance of the Chinese government has been that the Dalai Lama helped to orchestrate the unrest and violence. A Chinese Ministry of Public Security spokesperson claimed searches of monasteries in the Tibetan capital had turned up a large cache of weapons, including 176 guns and 7,725 pounds of explosives.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quote me one original Pali scripture where the Buddha advocated violence.

Come on, don't be a loser, fucking moron!

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Quote me one original Pali scripture where the Buddha advocated violence.

Come on, don't be a loser, fucking moron!

Whahhaha ... I knew you will fall for my bait , idiot :wink: let me drink abit first before I engaged you in my game :wink:

image.jpg

Last edited:

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;Ma3Ob_fZdbo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma3Ob_fZdbo&sns=em[/video]

always1600

Alfrescian
Loyal
HAHAAAAAAAAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! Indeed, indeed...u r small, sissy! How true this video discript u, punisher.
HAHAAAAAAA, Welcome back, clown!!!!!

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
HAHAAAAAAAAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! Indeed, indeed...u r small, sissy! How true this video discript u, punisher.
HAHAAAAAAA, Welcome back, clown!!!!!

Yawn ... Your reply have no effect on me idiot :wink: have you sleep with your Botak master ?

always1600

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can take my mother if you want :wink: I can't be bother :wink:but please don't offer your mother for exchange :wink: I don't want a chow cheeby :wink:

Wuhahaaaaaaa, What a SOB!!! Hahaaaaa exchange? Huahaaaaaa, u r real bastard looking for your real father here, remember??? OMG, u SOB!!!!! Wuuhahaaaaaa!!! What is chow cheeby anyway?

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wuhahaaaaaaa, What a SOB!!! Hahaaaaa exchange? Huahaaaaaa, u r real bastard looking for your real father here, remember??? OMG, u SOB!!!!! Wuuhahaaaaaa!!! What is chow cheeby anyway?

You have reading problem ? Show me posting that I'm looking for father :wink: whahhahaha ... You are making yourself look silly here , idiot :wink:

always1600

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have reading problem ? Show me posting that I'm looking for father :wink: whahhahaha ... You are making yourself look silly here , idiot :wink:

Wuhahaaaaa, short finger like u can tell u can't satisfy an ant.....err, don't get deluded by words. Wuhahaaaaaaa, fatherless old faggot still looking for ITS father, wuhahaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!