• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Breaking news] riot police are dispersing the crowd in Potong Pasir

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
The BEST of the BEST solution to this and many other related issues such as Tanjong Pagar LIMP-over is this:

http://youtu.be/HY2KIWOHNl4

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HY2KIWOHNl4" allowfullscreen="" width="853" frameborder="0" height="510"></iframe>

All you need to argue about Potong Pasir in the court is that the Grow & Share Packaged swing the vote to a certain extend and surely had gone beyond the tiny majority vote of less than 200 votes, thus the result of PAp's win had to be pronounced as void, on the basis of Corrupt Practice (Bribery) or vote buying.

Ass Loong Lee threw S$3.2 billion on 1st.May while the poll was 7th.May. Every voters had received this money. This must have gone effective way beyond that <200 vote difference in Potong Pasir.

Here are the laws (Parliamentary Election Act Capter 184)

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/non_vers...art&segid=1302774357-002615#1302774358-002992
Bribery
60. The following persons shall be deemed guilty of the offence of bribery:
<dl>(a) every person who, directly or indirectly, by himself or by any other person on his behalf, gives, lends, or agrees to give or lend, or offers, promises, or promises to procure or to endeavour to procure, any money or valuable consideration to or for any elector or voter, or to or for any person on behalf of any elector or voter or to or for any other person, in order to induce any elector or voter to vote or refrain from voting, or corruptly does any such act on account of that elector or voter having voted or refrained from voting at any election under this Act;</dl><dl>(b) every person who, directly or indirectly, by himself or by any other person on his behalf, gives or procures, or agrees to give or procure, or offers, promises, or promises to procure or to endeavour to procure, any office, place or employment to or for any elector or voter or to or for any person on behalf of any elector or voter, or to or for any other person, in order to induce that elector or voter to vote or refrain from voting, or corruptly does any such act on account of that elector or voter having voted or refrained from voting at any election under this Act;</dl><dl>(c) every person who, directly or indirectly, by himself or by any other person on his behalf, makes any such gift, loan, offer, promise, procurement or agreement referred to in paragraph ( a) or (b) to or for any person in order to induce that person to procure or endeavour to procure the return of any person as a Member of Parliament, or the vote of any elector or voter at any election under this Act;</dl><dl>(d) every person who, directly or indirectly, by himself or by any other person on his behalf, makes any such gift, loan, offer, promise, procurement or agreement to or for any person who is assisting or has promised to assist a candidate at an election to induce that person to refrain from assisting that candidate;</dl><dl>(e) every person who upon or in consequence of any such gift, loan, offer, promise, procurement or agreement procures or engages, promises or endeavours to procure, the return of any person as a Member of Parliament, or the vote of any elector or voter at an election under this Act;</dl><dl>(f) every person who —<dl>(i) advances or pays or causes to be paid any money to or to the use of any other person with the intent that the money or any part thereof shall be expended in bribery at any election under this Act; or</dl><dl>(ii) knowingly pays or causes to be paid any money to any person in discharge or repayment of any money wholly or in part expended in bribery at any such election;</dl></dl><dl>(g) every elector or voter who, before or during any election under this Act, directly or indirectly, by himself or by any other person on his behalf, receives, agrees, or contracts for any money, gift, loan, or valuable consideration, office, place or employment, for himself or for any other person, for voting or agreeing to vote or for refraining or agreeing to refrain from voting at any such election;</dl><dl>(h) every person who, after any election under this Act, directly or indirectly, by himself or by any other person on his behalf, receives any money or valuable consideration on account of any person having voted or refrained from voting or having induced any other person to vote or to refrain from voting at any such election;</dl><dl>(i) every person who, directly or indirectly, by himself or by any other person on his behalf, on account of and as payment for voting or for having voted or for agreeing or having agreed to vote for any candidate or group of candidates, at an election, or on account of and as payment for his having assisted or agreed to assist any candidate or group of candidates, at an election, applies to that candidate or to any candidate in that group, or to his agent or agents, for the gift or loan of any money or valuable consideration, or for the promise of the gift or loan of any money or valuable consideration or for any office, place or employment or for the promise of any office, place or employment;</dl><dl>(j) every person who, directly or indirectly, by himself or by any other person on his behalf, in order to induce any other person to agree to be nominated as a candidate or to refrain from becoming a candidate or to withdraw if he has become a candidate, gives or procures any office, place or employment or agrees to give or procure or offers or promises to procure or to endeavour to procure any office, place or employment to or for that other person, or gives or lends, or agrees to give or lend, or offers, or promises to procure or to endeavour to procure any money or valuable consideration to or for any person or to or for that other person, or to or for any person on behalf of that other person.</dl>
http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/non_vers...art&segid=1302774358-004000#1302774358-004006

Application for avoidance of election on certain grounds
90. The election of a candidate as a Member shall be declared to be void on an application made to an Election Judge on any of the following grounds which may be proved to the satisfaction of the Election Judge:
<dl>(a) that by reason of general bribery, general treating, or general intimidation, or other misconduct, or other circumstances, whether similar to those before enumerated or not, the majority of electors were or may have been prevented from electing the candidate or group of candidates whom they preferred;</dl><dl>(b) non-compliance with the provisions of this Act relating to elections, if it appears that the election was not conducted in accordance with the principles laid down in those provisions and that the non-compliance affected the result of the election;</dl><dl>(c) that a corrupt practice or an illegal practice was committed in connection with the election by the candidate or with his knowledge or consent or by any agent of the candidate;</dl><dl>(d) that the candidate personally engaged a person as his election agent, or as a canvasser or an agent, knowing that the person had, within 7 years prior to the engagement, been convicted or found guilty of a corrupt practice by a District Court or by the report of an Election Judge;</dl><dl>(e) that the candidate was at the time of his election a person disqualified for election as a Member.

</dl>
At above member means Member of Parliament because the beginning sections of Parliamentary Election Act already defined it.

It is already clearly provided by law there is absolutely no problem to prove that Grow & Share Packages are already dispensed and received to whole Singapore including voters of Potong Pasir. That those receiving the money MUST had be GRATIFIED to vote for Ass Loong Son's PAp, that Ass Loong's photo had been used as Election Posters all over Singapore including Potong Pasir.

What else do you need to tell the judge that he should declare GE2011 to be a corrupted election due to the Ang Pao Money, that is unfairly giving advantage to LEEgime PAp, therefore the results shall be VOID in accordance with Section 90. That Judge is supposed to report to president and president should issue another Writ of Election within the period of time specified by Parliamentary Election Act.

:wink:

Last edited:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can never imagine how much love the residents of Potong Pasir have for Mr Chiam. but, this is democracy, no matter how much you love the person, we must respect the wishes of the majority, no matter how small that majority that is.

Screwball

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone got video of the happening in Potong Pasir?
I am going there just now to look see look see but was stopping by the policeman when I am coming out of the MRT.
He is checking my nric then is asking me to go home as I is not living in Potong Pasir.
He telling me dun be coming to Potong Pasir again this few days.

Rimururu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone got video of the happening in Potong Pasir?
I am going there just now to look see look see but was stopping by the policeman when I am coming out of the MRT.
He is checking my nric then is asking me to go home as I is not living in Potong Pasir.
He telling me dun be coming to Potong Pasir again this few days.

Wu ya bo? Sounds as if PP is in lockdown mode like those 'siege' you see in the movies. :p

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyoh... how come people don't get it... obviously PP residents believe kelong involved due to the low margin diff and spoilt votes lah

Taro Ries

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any PP resident in this forum care to share the situation on the ground? The last video seems to shot on the 8th May.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I would agree with you. We must respect the majority. After all, we want PAP to respect the outcome in Hougang and Aljunied.

If Lina wants to take back Potong Pasir, she must come back next election and fight even harder. She must convince the PRCs, the Northern Indians, the Pionoys, the Burmese new citizens, that she can serve their interests even better. She must reach out to the new citizens, and convince them they can find even better and more high paying jobs if they vote in more opposition into parliament.

If she fails, the Burmese, the Pinoys, the northern indians, the PRCs who took up residency in PP over the past 5 years would vote PAP again. And she would again lose by that small razor thin margin.

I can never imagine how much love the residents of Potong Pasir have for Mr Chiam. but, this is democracy, no matter how much you love the person, we must respect the wishes of the majority, no matter how small that majority that is.

Last edited: