• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking News: James Gomez Quits From The Workers' Party

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today, LKY is the unifying force - so every so-called new generation of leaders coalesce around one another. LHL may be slightly more 'charismatic' than his peers - but after him, IMO no natural leaders in sight.

Strange that you will find LHL charismatic...you even don't trust yrself to say it because you have put in within quotation marks!

What did you try to mean?

I think he is even duller than woody GCT -- in fact sissy.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strange that you will find LHL charismatic...you even don't trust yrself to say it because you have put in within quotation marks!

GCT is obviously the most liked among the 3 PMs. He wins hands down.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before WP CEC gags ordinary members, you're already trying to scare and gag ordinary members from what you refer to as "jab(bing)". I don't think that Locke is jabbing, neither would he need gagging. He knows what he's talking about. The trouble is, folks of lesser training in the English language find difficulty in trying to figure it out.

Dear Locke,

If you continue your jabbing of WP, especially the leadership here on the forum, I don't think the WP members will be able to take it. They may even suspect that you are some agents sent into WP to collect information to make them look bad!

WP is after all, your party now. As a member, you will have your privileges but also obligations. You should email your critical views (which may be quite damaging at times) to the leadership if you feel strongly about them. Of course, unless some other people wanted to shut you up altogether, that is totally another matter.

Goh Meng Seng

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I place within quotes knowing there are detractors like yourself - but objectively isn't he the best orator amongst his peers ?

One thing though I must agree - sometimes his posture / mannerism really a bit ku-niang.

But articulation & intellectual prowess I think you can't deny him his due.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
just read trhe piece of James Gomez in TR.

half of the article is about the boo-boos of WP,,, from LTK silence, comparing with JBJ, Yaw, etc etc,,, WP appears to be PAP sympathisers in dsiguise? WP as in Worker's Party or Temasek, the alternative WP, wayang party....?

a balanced and objective piece of jounalism indeed, just like the shitty times,,

Yukimura Sanada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Jan 7, 2010

Gomez quits Workers' Party

He will focus on 'non-party work' but does not rule out contesting next GE

<!-- by line --> By Kor Kian Beng
<!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar -->
ST_IMAGES_KBGOMEZ07-0MI.jpg

Dr James Gomez, who caused a controversy during the 2006 elections, plans to form a civil society group. -- ST FILE PHOTO

<!-- story content : start --> DR JAMES Gomez, the Workers' Party (WP) candidate for Aljunied GRC who caused a controversy during the 2006 general election, has quit the party.
He has also submitted an application to set up a civil society group called Singaporeans for Democracy, but the application has yet to be approved by the Registry of Societies (ROS). Dr Gomez told The Straits Times yesterday that the group he plans to form will aim to promote civil and political reforms among Singaporeans here and abroad using new media tools.
The group submitted its application in April last year but has yet to hear from the ROS, he said. Under ROS rules, 10 names need to be submitted in any application to start a new society. Dr Gomez declined to say who the other nine are. When contacted by The Straits Times, the ROS said it received the application on April 28 last year. It is currently processing the application and will inform the society once its registration has been approved, it said.

Read the full story in Thursday's edition of The Straits Times.

[email protected]