• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking News!! HO Chin resign!

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
In one day she has falln from top 10 most powerful women in the world to the top 10 bimbos in the world.

At least the other bimbos are preetier.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The legacy of her making billions of dollars loss in this country will never be forgotten whether she resigns or not. It shall be passed down from generations to generations to remind us who almost bankrupt Singapore. LKY is so stupid to let his daughter in law play with Singapore reserves. Having to dip into the budget goes to show how bad the situation is.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have no doubt Goodyear is brought in to take the rap and help shake things out. I suspected not a single self serving Singaporean is willing to be the sucker to take the seat from her.

I think Goodyear did not realise how bad things are in Singapore with regards to Ho Ching's reputation.

That is entirely possible.

As a guess, he will probably stay for about two years. By that time, he would have absorbed all the blame if any, and things would have stabilized (global markets, General Election), paving the way for the true successor to come on board.

There is one aspect that puzzles me. Given the secrecy surrounding the reserves and the nature of the sovereign fund investments, why did the government employ a foreigner?

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is one aspect that puzzles me. Given the secrecy surrounding the reserves and the nature of the sovereign fund investments, why did the government employ a foreigner?

sgp has ceased to become a country, but have mutated into a corporate entity?

look at the population composition.

looks like Singapore Inc to me.

no different from another MNC.

it will be possible to have FTs representitive in the Parliament in future.

Areopagus

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...on-bhp-billiton/2006/02/03/1138958911077.html

Inquiry head turns his sights on BHP Billiton
By Jamie Freed
February 4, 2006

EXECUTIVES of the country's biggest company, BHP Billiton, could find themselves in the witness box after the head of the Cole inquiry petitioned the Attorney-General for the authority to make findings about the company's activities in Iraq.

BHP was dragged into the oil-for-food inquiry over a $US5 million wheat shipment it sent to Saddam Hussein's regime in 1996, apparently to place it first in line to develop the Halfaya oilfield in southern Iraq once UN sanctions were lifted.

The push by Terence Cole, QC, to allow the inquiry to make findings about BHP's dealings in Iraq comes after several days of evidence from AWB executives that has implicated the resources giant in the scandal.

BHP's chief executive, Chip Goodyear, issued a statement yesterday saying his company's inclusion in the inquiry's terms of reference would be an opportunity to ensure all the facts surrounding BHP's financing of the 1996 grain shipment to Iraq were aired publicly.

But Mr Goodyear said many of the employees involved in the deal had since left BHP.

While no names were mentioned, it is likely that two of the former BHP employees he was referring to were Norman Davidson Kelly and Alan Taylor, who left the company in the late 1990s and founded Tigris Petroleum.

Tigris shares an office with BHP in Baghdad, and the pair, with the oil giant Shell, were awarded a joint venture contract to increase output from the Halfaya oilfield last year.

Tigris's name has often come up in evidence at the Cole inquiry. It is said to have helped BHP recoup $US8 million - the $US5 million wheat shipment plus interest - by having AWB artificially inflate the price of wheat contracts to Iraq in 2002.

Other executives of interest could include the former BHP Petroleum chief executive John O'Connor, now an executive vice-president for the US oil company Amerada Hess. He could not be reached for comment at his New York office yesterday.

The chairman of the Australian Submarine Corporation, John Prescott, who served as BHP's chief executive at the time of the 1996 wheat shipment, was also unavailable for comment.

With the past employees, at least two current BHP executives could also be placed in the witness box. The name of BHP's group president of energy, Phil Aiken, was mentioned during evidence on Wednesday, when a witness, Michael Long, an AWB executive, said Mr Aiken had assigned Tigris the job of recovering the $US8 million from Iraq.

Mr Aiken, who has headed the petroleum division since Mr O'Connor left in 1997, is BHP's third-highest paid executive, having been paid $US4 million last year.

BHP remained silent yesterday on the details of its internal investigation, and on whether the company or any past or current employees had been subpoenaed.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal

it will be possible to have FTs representitive in the Parliament in future.

I find that difficult to believe.

It is one thing for the PAP to introduce foreign talents to compete with Singaporeans for jobs and livelihood.

It is an entirely different thing for the PAP to introduce foreign talents to compete with themselves for jobs like MM, SM, PM, Ministers and MPs.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
The legacy of her making billions of dollars loss in this country will never be forgotten whether she resigns or not. It shall be passed down from generations to generations to remind us who almost bankrupt Singapore. LKY is so stupid to let his daughter in law play with Singapore reserves. Having to dip into the budget goes to show how bad the situation is.

They call it climbing to greater heights. She lost few hundred millions with Micropolis, rewarded with a promotion to Temasek to lose billions. Now watch how much she will lose when she becomes the next Finance Minister and eventually as the President with the automatic key to unlock reserves.

Not too sure if we can bring out the the bubbly with this announcement.

loeggusder

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now this thought is frightening.

Who can take over?

Lui? Seng HT? WKS? Jayakumar? TCH?

Singaporeans had paid such a heavy price for PM LHL's learning curve in terms of their own welfare, cost of living and status as a born citizen. And paying the price for PM LHL's understanding on wealth for him and his colleagues - a road for which there is no return. For him to leave, that money is wasted.

Vibgyor, i do not know about your beliefs. But for me, i believe in praying for our leaders that they will lead us well, so that our country will prosper.

Instability holds no attraction for me as there are too many people i care for - friends, colleagues, relatives - who choose to stay in singapore.

I believe that is the case for you too. And many Singaporeans.

And that is why it is good that a person who loses so much of the nation's money should resign.

And it takes courage on the part of PM LHL and MM LKY to agree with the decision for it is inconceivable that anyone can make such a decision without their knowledge.

Though it is possible that she will be the next President as it will capture the women vote as well as favourable international opinion.

As well as a face saving measure.

Frankly it will be wonderful for Singapore and Singaporeans if Pillay take over the executive role from Ho Ching.

Yes Pillay is brilliant. He was instrumental in building up the country

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIA you mean?

I admire him because of his philosophy then that a company can generate its own growth without external borrowings.

He came into a lot of flak for his insistence on using natural growth as many banks wanted SIA to borrow money.

Imagine if he had been managing our sovereign funds all along.

He would have given Singapore the best and golden years in terms of profitability, given his acumen, cautiousness combined with measured risk taking.

He's my hero.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
.......... when she becomes the next Finance Minister and eventually as the President with the automatic key to unlock reserves.....

OI ! ..... you not supposed to leak this info....... it's not yet confirmed in which GRC she will be standing as the MIWs candidate for the coming elections :rolleyes:

You're right about the FM part though........ and me tinks she will follow the father-in-law's example and stay on for a very long long time to eventually become the Empress Dowager :(

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
OI ! ..... you not supposed to leak this info....... it's not yet confirmed in which GRC she will be standing as the MIWs candidate for the coming elections :rolleyes:

Well there is one vacancy open in Jurong, right? My guess is they will do a reshuffle to have her in a guaranteed GRC.

You're right about the FM part though........ and me tinks she will follow the father-in-law's example and stay on for a very long long time to eventually become the Empress Dowager :(

Yup, Empress Dowager is the more appropriate term than President.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been sent by Mr Wong to maintain law and order in this forum.

Please behave yourselves and not slander or verbally insult Mdn Ho Ching.

If you do not heed my warnings i will be forced to identify all of you.

Thank you. Have a nice day.

S'pore has lost the invaluable service of a global talent and the world's 8th most powerful woman.

It's indeed a very sad day for Singapore.

I hope LKY and LHL will immediately arrange a higher office for this super-global-talented Madam Ho Ching.

tinyplanet

Alfrescian
Loyal
So now, what will be her next move after her TH tenure ...

• Goverment Investment Corporation ... GIC?
  • Monetary Authority of Singapore ... MAS?
  • Chor Boh Lan ... CBL? :biggrin:

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even though she has step down, but she still didn't admit to any of her mistakes.
And of course don't even think about apologising to the whole nation.

One biggest mistakes is her support for Durai.

Till now she kept quiet.

Singapore is very dirty under the squeaky clean surface.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
2421544907_e4d3ea9a2a.jpg
471183668_4502dc0daf.jpg

Last edited: