• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking News!! HO Chin resign!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Temasek CEO Ho Ching step down...

i am opening a bottle of champagne, which i kept for sometime to celebrate.

Maybe you count the chickens too soon. She is from 1st family, sure to be promoted to some other position :rolleyes:

What I'd like to know is why a foreigner is taking over? Whatever happened to the sensitive nature of the position of Temasek??

RealSingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe you count the chickens too soon. She is from 1st family, sure to be promoted to some other position :rolleyes:

What I'd like to know is why a foreigner is taking over? Whatever happened to the sensitive nature of the position of Temasek??

hahaha, PAP said cannot discolse cos need to protect singapore interest. there is NOTHINGS left now. so no more sensitive issue can hire FT. hahaha

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hahaha, PAP said cannot discolse cos need to protect singapore interest. there is NOTHINGS left now. so no more sensitive issue can hire FT. hahaha

I also think nothing left, but not nice to say lah, wait many peasants go run into trains :rolleyes:

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Goodyear did not realise how bad things are in Singapore with regards to Ho Ching's reputation.

someone should invite Goodyear into this forum.

maybe he'll reconsider his new appointment, if he realized he's going to be the sacrificial lamb.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
mj4or4.jpg

"So you all very happy that my wife's job goes to an FT issit?"

this guy got a bitter smile...look at his eyes...like very charm like dat...我有苦衷!

or maybe he's just sick.

when was this picture taken?

Last edited:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
my preference would be a faithful Christian leader who can take over. all least he will lead us to a path where God intended us to achieve to our fullest potential as a country. i would like to seek blessings from God for our country. not to incur wrath and suffering to our people. Lord Jesus Christ our God.

Now you are beginning to sound like a fanatic....:p:p:p

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
shit look at his eyes...dun you think it just remind you of that jackass president bush?? well sure hope he is not going to be another jackass like that idiot bush...

Yes. Come to think of it, it was that ass hole that screwed up the US economy as well as the rest of the world. Well, the Macho man Jinx has probably wiped out about 2/3 of the Singapore reserves. Whatwever is left is going to be wasted by this Bush look alike. :eek:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is time to drop the majulah singapura and adopt the union jack anthem changing to "God save Singapore"....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

dun think too much
any other position is a climb down
any other position is not as good as it was
so celebrate
while you still can, before the depression eat you alive.

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE (Dow Jones)--Singapore's state-owned investment firm Temasek Holdings Pte. Ltd. said Friday that Chief Executive Officer Ho Ching will step down in October and will be replaced by former BHP Billiton Ltd. (BHP) CEO Charles Goodyear. "Ho Ching has been instrumental in bringing 'Chip' on board. We have been working on this appointment for more than a year," Temasek Chairman S. Dhanabalan said in a statement.

"The team has already embarked on a different stance since mid-2007, and has begun to review its long-term plans under various scenarios prompted by the economic downturn. The board is of the view that, if we are to bring in new leadership, it would be just as good a time as any to involve a new leader in this review," he added.

Ho, who is in her 50s, has been Temasek's CEO since 2004. She is the wife of Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

Goodyear joined the Temasek board on Feb. 1. He assumes the position of CEO-designate on March 1 and will succeed Ho on Oct. 1. Goodyear, stepped down from BHP at the end of 2007 after nine years with the Anglo-Australian miner, five of them as CEO. The 51-year old Texan left BHP at the height of a mining boom led by China's growing appetite for resource materials.

He will now run one of the world's biggest sovereign wealth funds at a time when Singapore has entered into a sharp recession and Temasek's stakes in distressed global investment banks have taken a beating.

"Temasek's portfolio is excellent, with strong and competitive companies," Goodyear said.

Under Ho's leadership, Temasek, which began operations in 1974 with controlling stakes in major domestic companies, expanded abroad with investments in real estate, financial institutions, telecoms and infrastructure.

In the past year or so, Temasek, which has a portfolio of around US$134 billion, also bought stakes in distressed western financial firms like Merrill Lynch, Barclays PLC (BARC.LN) and Standard Chartered PLC (STAN.LN).

Temasek currently holds a 19% stake in Standard Chartered and slightly over 2% in Barclays.

The sovereign wealth fund also holds about 189 million Bank of America Corp. (BAC) shares, or a 3.8% stake, after Merrill Lynch was bought by the U.S. bank and Temasek converted its 13.7% stake in Merrill Lynch into Bank of America shares.

Temasek suffered a paper loss of about US$2.3 billion from its investment in Merrill Lynch, reflecting the investment bank's declining fortunes, people familiar with the situation have told Dow Jones Newswires.

"We assessed that we are, comparatively, in a good position to weather the downturn and come out stronger as the global economy recovers," Dhanabalan said.

"Our balance sheet remains strong, and we have every opportunity to strengthen our portfolio over the next couple of years."

-By Costas Paris and P.R. Venkat, Dow Jones Newswires; 65 6415 4153; [email protected]

Click here to go to Dow Jones NewsPlus, a web front page of today's most important business and market news, analysis and commentary: http://www.djnewsplus.com/access/al?rnd=DUfQFoYeZEw3vhtSjGoMmw==. You can use this link on the day this article is published and the following day.
Temasek, which has a portfolio of around US$134 billion

WOW,NOW DOWN TO US$80 BILLION,US$54 BILLION DISAPPEAR.

MR GOOD YEAR,NOW IS YR TURN,IF YOU CAN SAVE US,THEN AS A SPORE CITIZEN,I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT ALL HIGH JOBS BE TAKEN BY TALENTED FOREIGNERS LIKE U,HOW ABOUT BECOME OUR PM THE NEXT ROUND?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my preference would be a faithful Christian leader who can take over. all least he will lead us to a path where God intended us to achieve to our fullest potential as a country.

Someone as faithful religious Christian leader like Bush? A Warmonger, alright! :mad:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lose so much money and want to wait to lose more meh,,,

Got this Goodyear to swallow dead cat 1st, write off the bad investment by Hole Jinx and she comes back with a vengence again,,,,, because she is the only TALENTED person who can rein Temasick,,,,

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After Ho Ching resign for few month. The report of loses Billions of $$$$ by Temasek will be announced and that Ang Moh fool will have to answers all the questions and take all the blame.
If not she forever will not going to resign if nothing happen. Just like his brothers in law resign from Singtel run road and hide in Australia for few years then come back.

Man in the Street

Alfrescian
Loyal
After Ho Ching resign for few month. The report of loses Billions of $$$$ by Temasek will be announced and that Ang Moh fool will have to answers all the questions and take all the blame.
If not she forever will not going to resign if nothing happen. Just like his brothers in law resign from Singtel run road and hide in Australia for few years then come back.

Whose brothers in law run road ?:p

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
someone should invite Goodyear into this forum.

maybe he'll reconsider his new appointment, if he realized he's going to be the sacrificial lamb.

For these FTs, they won't mind taking the rap as long as they are well-paid. If the whole thing explodes later, he can always run back to his home country and then say things like it was the system here that prevented him from performing or some other bullshit. No one really cares about what happens in tiny Singapore.