• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking News Dr Tony Tan elected Singapore's President after vote recount

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tony Tan gets 35.19 % of valid votes; Tan Cheng Bock gets 34.85%, Tony Tan wins by 7,269 votes.

Last edited:

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
TJS's fault

Let's not demonize TJS. He is not solely to blame, although it is true that he lacked tactical acumen by failing to see the writing on the wall.

TKL is also to blame. Just 7% of TKL's total votes would have been enough for TCB to win, so let's put things in perspective.

Those who spoilt their votes are also to blame. There were 37000 spoilt votes... that is more than 5 times the number of votes in TT's winning margin.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's not demonize TJS. He is not solely to blame, although it is true that he lacked tactical acumen by failing to see the writing on the wall.

TKL is also to blame. Just 7% of TKL's total votes would have been enough for TCB to win, so let's put things in perspective.

Those who spoilt their votes are also to blame. There were 37000 spoilt votes... that is more than 5 times the number of votes in TT's winning margin.

I place more blame on TJS because he attracted the crowd which could have gone to TCB had TJS not entered the race and campaigned on bullshit.

TKL's campaign message was even better than TJS'

AndroAsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I place more blame on TJS because he attracted the crowd which could have gone to TCB had TJS not entered the race and campaigned on bullshit.

TKL is a self-centered arrogant prick. Yes, he was the lesser of the 3 evils, the other 2 being TCB and TT. TKL had ties with the PAP, although not as strong as TT and TCB. TKL was an OK choice until TJS came along. TJS is an opposition politician, he's the obvious choice over TKL. TKL is a fucker, he should have just withdrawn and fuck those useless Sinkies for spoiling their vote.

And there's nothing wrong with TJS you fucking PAP dog... go fuck off somewhere else. This is not PAP territory mother fucker!!! Can the mods ban this PAP troll fucker?!?!?!

Last edited:

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal

TKL's votes would have been split between TJS and TCB

TJS's votes would have been split between TKL and TCB

Just a small % would have been enough either way

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL is a self-centered arrogant prick. Yes, he was the lesser of the 3 evils, the other 2 being TCB and TT. TKL had ties with the PAP, although not as strong as TT and TCB. TKL was an OK choice until TJS came along. TJS is an opposition politician, he's the obvious choice over TKL. TKL is a fucker, he should have just withdrawn and fuck those useless Sinkies for spoiling their vote.

And there's nothing wrong with TJS you fucking PAP dog... go fuck off somewhere else. This is not PAP territory mother fucker!!! Can the mods ban this PAP troll fucker?!?!?!

I never said I was pro-PAP I am anti TJS and anti SDP. Get lost you bitch!

AndroAsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never said I was pro-PAP I am anti TJS and anti SDP. Get lost you bitch!

In other words pro-PAP. So what's your fucking point again?

EDIT: So you don't like TJS who you voted for? TCB? TT? Middle finger to you if you did...

Last edited:

maninblue

The govt's tactic of granting the COE to TJS n TKL paid full dividends for TT.
Even sadder was the 37000 fence sitters!!!!

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
phpONJYN2.jpg

SINGAPORE: Dr Tony Tan has been elected Singapore's seventh president, winning by a 0.34 per cent margin, or 7,269 votes.

Dr Tan told reporters outside the Elections Department that he is extremely happy to serve Singaporeans once again.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has assured Dr Tony Tan of the government's full cooperation.

He said now that the election is over, he has called on Singaporeans to come together to tackle the challenges that Singapore faces and take the nation forward.

Mr Lee said the Presidential Election has been an intensely fought election and the result was very close.

He said both Dr Tony Tan and Dr Tan Cheng Bock (who had the next highest number of votes) conveyed strong unifying messages, and declared their intention to work closely with the government.

Both have long records of public service - Dr Tony Tan in many roles in government, and Dr Tan Cheng Bock as a highly respected backbench MP.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
phpONJYN2.jpg

SINGAPORE: Dr Tony Tan has been elected Singapore's seventh president, winning by a 0.34 per cent margin, or 7,269 votes.

Dr Tan told reporters outside the Elections Department that he is extremely happy to serve Singaporeans once again.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has assured Dr Tony Tan of the government's full cooperation.

He said now that the election is over, he has called on Singaporeans to come together to tackle the challenges that Singapore faces and take the nation forward.

Mr Lee said the Presidential Election has been an intensely fought election and the result was very close.

He said both Dr Tony Tan and Dr Tan Cheng Bock (who had the next highest number of votes) conveyed strong unifying messages, and declared their intention to work closely with the government.

Both have long records of public service - Dr Tony Tan in many roles in government, and Dr Tan Cheng Bock as a highly respected backbench MP.

CNA is funny. They want to congratulate TT but can't phrase it well