• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking News > Another World-Class GRC in making!

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
All of a sudden, there are plans for 3 (as of now and still counting) world-class GRCs/SMCs between now and GE time by Q2! A full 5-months max!!

After Hougang, Tampines was announced, followed by Jurong below !!

For 4.5 years, all Ministers were asleep and within few months to next GE, all awake and announce this and that (all using taxpayers' $) !!

If election continuously for within couple of years, ALL wards will be world-class. Did someone promised SWISS STANDARD of living many many years ago and still yet to be seen (at least for lesser mortals) ?

Elections are GREAT to have! 3 CHEERS FOR EACH ELECTION !!

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_627163.html

Making Jurong Lakeside world-class
By Lee Jia Xin
Related Link
There are four key aspects to HDB's ROH plans for the Jurong Lake area.Over the next 10 to 15 years, the Lakeside will be developed under the Outdoor Recreational Choices plan into a world-class leisure destination.
Minister Lim Boon Heng announced on Saturday the details of HDB's Remaking Our Heartlands (ROH) plans for the Jurong Lake area. -- PHOTO: PUB

MINISTER Lim Boon Heng announced on Saturday the details of HDB's Remaking Our Heartlands (ROH) plans for the Jurong Lake area.

There are four key aspects to HDB's ROH plans for the Jurong Lake area: Rejuvenation of the Town Centre, Outdoor Recreational Choices, Improved Connectivity and Heartland Heritage. The plans extend beyond the Jurong Lake District into the HDB heartlands.

Rejuvenation of the Town Centre will see a new pedestrian mall with a shaded plaza between the existing Jurong East Town Centre and the upcoming JCube mall. The existing Jurong East Town Centre and 10 neighbourhood centres nearby will receive distinctive street furniture and landscaping.

Over the next 10 to 15 years, the Lakeside will be developed under the Outdoor Recreational Choices plan into a world-class leisure destination for residents and visitors. New attractions such as waterfront hotels, parks and promenades will be added around the scenic lake.

Improved Connectivity will come in the form of a comprehensive network for pedestrians and cyclists which will enhance accessibility for residents from the nearby housing estates to the key attractions and facilities, including MRT stations. This network will be at least 24 km long.

Other plans include a heritage corner in the Jurong East town centre, two new public housing sites (comprising about 1,200 new flats over the next five years) and estate upgrading programmes. This announcement comes two weeks after Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan announced the government's $1 billion plan for the second phase of HDB's ROH plans, which will also benefit the Hougang and East Coast areas.

jw5

Loyal
Are the incumbent MPs using their own money for these projects?
If not, it won't make any difference who are elected as MPs right, since the projects have already been announced and will go ahead anyway? :rolleyes: :biggrin:

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
All of a sudden, there are plans for 3 (as of now and still counting) world-class GRCs/SMCs between now and GE time by Q2! A full 5-months max!!

i think when they check the electoral roll...found still short of new citizens voters...so got to postpone until Q2...at the meantime, try to salvage situation with all the tulan old citizens by coming with all kind of fee-good news, big heartland projects, old fart's new book....and of coz some ikan bilis handouts when budget come...but after the election... 我们会死的非常难看

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are the incumbent MPs using their own money for these projects?
If not, it won't make any difference who are elected as MPs right, since the projects have already been announced and will go ahead anyway? :rolleyes: :biggrin:

You did not read the first line. The project will take 10 - 15 years, which means that you will need to vote for them for the next 3 elections or you will either get no lake, 1/3 lake or just half a lake. :biggrin:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
The project will take 10 - 15 years, which means that you will need to vote for them for the next 3 elections or you will either get no lake, 1/3 lake or just half a lake. :biggrin:

hahaha.....spot on........the contract is for at least 3 elections.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jurong Lakeside World Class?
I have never travelled out of Singapore all my life.
Just tell me what they want.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jurong Lakeside World Class?
I have never travelled out of Singapore all my life.
Just tell me what they want.

Lakeside is also 1 place I can't pin point on a map :o.

As what others had spotted correctly, the minister only want to hold the carrot in front of his GRC for 3 elections. By then very likely it would be a dried up wringgled carrot before this objective is achieved, just like the many others that were promised but not materialised, Swiss standard and lower cost of living, just to name 2.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more makeover, the more we need to be worried. Once GE is over, gst will up by 10%. That is the price we need to pay for a swiss standard of living - even we are not a nation yet

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS or anyone from the opposition, please cut out the articles and use them for the following GE juz in case you are not elected in this GE. In that way, you can bring up the matter time and again to remind voters of wat the PAP promised but never fulfilled. I remember they also promised something like these for the 2006 GE but unfortunately, noone seem to have records of their promises to hold them accountable this time.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP govt is very good at making hard things like buildings, MRTs, airports, seaports, HDB estates world class. I also find that very easy.

Just put out tenders for development and splurge the people's collected taxes on such things into a budget, and world renown designers companies, contractors, developers wil come fwd and bid.

There's nothing that another alt govt can't do.

But the PAP govt has not been able to produce a more cultivated people from all that education, a more politically savvy and caring society, and selfless leaders committed to service of the nation at the top, instead of working only for million dollar salaries, setting the example for the country.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP govt is very good at making hard things like buildings, MRTs, airports, seaports, HDB estates world class. I also find that very easy.

Just put out tenders for development and splurge the people's collected taxes on such things into a budget, and world renown designers companies, contractors, developers wil come fwd and bid.

There's nothing that another alt govt can't do.

But the PAP govt has not been able to produce a more cultivated people from all that education, a more politically savvy and caring society, and selfless leaders committed to service of the nation at the top, instead of working only for million dollar salaries, setting the example for the country.

100% in agreement with you. Opposition chaps should use these points to educate the voters. In a nutshell, you don't need to be a genius to govern the country. Who we have today are very ordinary leaders who can easily be replaced.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I beleive the only tough question to ask these ministers is :

Will this projects still go ahead if you are voted out of office ?
Watch their lips when they reply.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

=> Sounds like Peesai is still not a nation and finished product after half a century of 1-Familee's rule.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
I beleive the only tough question to ask these ministers is :

Will this projects still go ahead if you are voted out of office ?
Watch their lips when they reply.

hahaha...the straight answer is NO......but they will tell you in such a way that it is your fault if the projects do not go ahead........that is forte of Papee....

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...the straight answer is NO......but they will tell you in such a way that it is your fault if the projects do not go ahead........that is forte of Papee....

I guess is that way too.

Hope Hougang's case is not lost by the voters there, when Wooden promised millions of $ for upgrading (can't remember if he did say subject to PAP win). It never happen after PAP lost, though now Hougang has a carrot of upgrading again !

I beleive it will make an excellent question for the oppositions to ask during the rally. Either way PAP answers, will have implications to themself.

jw5

Loyal
You did not read the first line. The project will take 10 - 15 years, which means that you will need to vote for them for the next 3 elections or you will either get no lake, 1/3 lake or just half a lake. :biggrin:
If they announce the projects but don't carry them out if not elected, they can all go and jump into the lake. :biggrin:
Voluntarily of course. :biggrin: :biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
please lah, the opposition will also carry it out one. No PAP means no project. give me a break lah. Opposition are robot meh, they are also human can think and react one.