• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking News! 200 SMRT bus drivers went on strike!

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think its fair. PRC got lodging allowance of more than S$220 per month while the other 2 dun have.

C87226F0-23F5-423F-AC7F-D1125DD7BCFA-9912-0000086923277409.jpg

Omg, their pay is pathetic!!!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very easy to keep these ah tiongs happy.

Just let them gamble, keo kway, smoke opium in the dormitories ...

It worked during the Gold rush... and it should work again now.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1300hrs Ch8 news reported today left 8 never go to work. the rest started working liao. if never heard wrongly got China embassy staff went to talk to those China drivers last night.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
1300hrs Ch8 news reported today left 8 never go to work. the rest started working liao. if never heard wrongly got China embassy staff went to talk to those China drivers last night.

8 drivers never go to work, like that considered a strike or not?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you think this is really the truth?

Very likely actually. They are going back anyway so nothing to lose. If they win they will get more money for the last few months, if they lose, they get fired, they were going to go home soon anyway.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Which is longer??

Bus driver should be under service sector.
Levy rate is different from manufacturing as you give lower tier $210
For service 1st tier>>1st 15% is $240
2nd tier>> 15%~25% is $360
3rd tier >> 25%~45% is $500
45% is the max quota for service sector.

Just realize U up me. Since U up me I went back to calculate. Inside bracket is pay in percentage vs local

Annual Total cost for hiring PRC = $1075 + $220(lodging) + $367(average Worker's levy of 3 tiers, $240 + $360 + $500 / 3) * 12.5 mths = $20,775(-22%)

Annual Total cost for hiring MY = $1,400 + $367(average Worker's levy of 3 tiers) * 13 mths = $22,971(-13.5%)

Annual cost of local(didn't recal since I think the first formula is OK) = $26,546

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This thread contains more info than the resident ostracized farter who is wrong on every count but says he is right. Making Shit is not good.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Criminal Law (Temporary Provisions) Act, it is a strike only when the worker gives his employer at least 14 days' advance notice of his intention to do so.

This notice has to be signed by at least seven fellow workers involved in the strike or by at least seven union representatives of the workers.

The notice then needs to be acknowledged and signed by the employer, after which, that notice needs to be put up in at least three conspicuous places where the workers are employed.

guys! any legal eagle here? this Criminal Law (Temporary Provisions) Act when pass through one? why still temporary provisions? is it because of those 绿林好汉的起义?thats why they come out with those temporary law suka suka anyhow to wack them?