• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING: 65-year-old man arrested after he drove through Woodlands checkpoint

lurpsexx

Alfrescian
Loyal
The guy is driving a Merc so maybe he is an elite:confused:. If you are just a "lesser mortal" policemen I doubt that they want to play hero & risk losing their job by breaking an elites window or shooting his tire.?

With so many privileged elites now in Spore the police have to exercise maximum restraint :rolleyes:

I'm very perplexed by what was reported in CNA (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/crash-barrier-failed-to/1026082.html) which contained a picture of the cold hard steel tyre slashers and which stated '' failure of a security barrier was the key reason why a 65-year-old Malaysian driver in a gold Mercedes-Benz managed to breach the Woodlands Checkpoint on Saturday afternoon, even after the tyres were punctured."

If you looked closely at the video in the above earlier post by this bro, you can see that the barrier is very very flexible and flimsy.. and i replayed it a few times and looked closer and I cannot make out the cold hard steel teeth of the tyre slashers underneath this top cover, as reported in the CNA report above. what I can make out of this video is that the barrier has only a soft flexible top cover which is pneumatically pushed up from below.. it looks more like a flood (read: ponding!) barrier than a vehicle disabling barrier. Whats most damning is that at the end of this video leak, on the left side of the screen, you can see in all daylight that the this "barrier" top cover was bent totally vertical and there was no sign of the steel teeth! once the merc drove away....

Its either I'm looking at the wrong video or the CNA report has some serious reporting "mistake".... another point is that with these steel teeth, they are set at about 45-50 degrees and so will be at the optimum angle to impale the tyres and stab into the front chassis of the vehicle (most likely a saloon car).. my physics is not good, but common sense can tell this barrier setup will have the max? stopping power at this angle and with steel construction to halt a car... so how can a 1 ton plus car climb over and speed past this steel teeth construction unless its a tank? I dun even see the right front tyre deflate immediately upon contact with this barrier the first time the car bumped hard against the barrier and then the driver still pressed his front wheels against it later when he is trying to escape away by revving his rear wheels (correct me if I'm wrong by this old model Merc shld be RWD??).. if it was the steel teeth, the tyres would have been shredded when the driver revved up to escape (the tyres shld be turning in clockwise direction and the steel teeth are pointing towards top left, so the tyre rotation would make the tyre impact directly again the teeth and there is no way a spinning rubber tyre can stand up to steel ...)....

if the tyres of the Merc were indeed punctured as mentioned in the CNA report, won't anyone on the street or cops be puzzled as why the driver is still on the road with a few punctured tyres? This is highly unusual and anyone with a tyre puncture would stop to change it or call for a tow truck immediately, instead of still driving along the road.. No one saw or bother to see or no one bothered to call the cops to report??? CNA reported "The vehicle's front left and right tyres had been punctured and its back passenger-side window on the right smashed."... also I did not see the cops smashing the rear passenger window in the video even as the Merc drove away after overcoming the barrier... did you????

4.5 hrs (4pm to 8.30pm as reported in the CNA report "At about 8.30pm on Saturday, the authorities recovered the abandoned vehicle in an unknown location".) is a long time for this strange flat tyres car to be cruising along the roads....

So many questions, no answers......

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm very perplexed by what was reported in CNA (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/crash-barrier-failed-to/1026082.html) which contained a picture of the cold hard steel tyre slashers and which stated '' failure of a security barrier was the key reason why a 65-year-old Malaysian driver in a gold Mercedes-Benz managed to breach the Woodlands Checkpoint on Saturday afternoon, even after the tyres were punctured."

If you looked closely at the video in the above earlier post by this bro, you can see that the barrier is very very flexible and flimsy.. and i replayed it a few times and looked closer and I cannot make out the cold hard steel teeth of the tyre slashers underneath this top cover, as reported in the CNA report above. what I can make out of this video is that the barrier has only a soft flexible top cover which is pneumatically pushed up from below.. it looks more like a flood (read: ponding!) barrier than a vehicle disabling barrier. Whats most damning is that at the end of this video leak, on the left side of the screen, you can see in all daylight that the this "barrier" top cover was bent totally vertical and there was no sign of the steel teeth! once the merc drove away....

Its either I'm looking at the wrong video or the CNA report has some serious reporting "mistake".... another point is that with these steel teeth, they are set at about 45-50 degrees and so will be at the optimum angle to impale the tyres and stab into the front chassis of the vehicle (most likely a saloon car).. my physics is not good, but common sense can tell this barrier setup will have the max? stopping power at this angle and with steel construction to halt a car... so how can a 1 ton plus car climb over and speed past this steel teeth construction unless its a tank? I dun even see the right front tyre deflate immediately upon contact with this barrier the first time the car bumped hard against the barrier and then the driver still pressed his front wheels against it later when he is trying to escape away by revving his rear wheels (correct me if I'm wrong by this old model Merc shld be RWD??).. if it was the steel teeth, the tyres would have been shredded when the driver revved up to escape (the tyres shld be turning in clockwise direction and the steel teeth are pointing towards top left, so the tyre rotation would make the tyre impact directly again the teeth and there is no way a spinning rubber tyre can stand up to steel ...)....

if the tyres of the Merc were indeed punctured as mentioned in the CNA report, won't anyone on the street or cops be puzzled as why the driver is still on the road with a few punctured tyres? This is highly unusual and anyone with a tyre puncture would stop to change it or call for a tow truck immediately, instead of still driving along the road.. No one saw or bother to see or no one bothered to call the cops to report??? CNA reported "The vehicle's front left and right tyres had been punctured and its back passenger-side window on the right smashed."... also I did not see the cops smashing the rear passenger window in the video even as the Merc drove away after overcoming the barrier... did you????

4.5 hrs (4pm to 8.30pm as reported in the CNA report "At about 8.30pm on Saturday, the authorities recovered the abandoned vehicle in an unknown location".) is a long time for this strange flat tyres car to be cruising along the roads....

So many questions, no answers......

I agree with your observations. I drove rental cars before in the US and when u drive through u make sure u don't reverse or else the steel pikes puncture your tyres. The ones in the video don't look remotely like that!! Someone trying to cover up!!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's not a tyre slasher lah.. it's just a ramp piece and a badly fabricated one. more like sardine can cover.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
About high time Teo Chee Hean and his Merry Men in Hometeam resign to take moral responsibility for all the cockups - Malaysian women, Little India riot, now this...

Teo CH - what the fuck are you waiting for?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lanjiao understand!!!!!

In past police wear shorts that time got "hi tech security barrier"?????

So last time no security barrier, all cars breach our borders is excusable lah.............LANJIAO!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of fucking excuse, think all ppl that daft.

I'm very perplexed by what was reported in CNA (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/crash-barrier-failed-to/1026082.html) which contained a picture of the cold hard steel tyre slashers and which stated '' failure of a security barrier was the key reason why a 65-year-old Malaysian driver in a gold Mercedes-Benz managed to breach the Woodlands Checkpoint on Saturday afternoon......................

lurpsexx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lanjiao understand!!!!!

In past police wear shorts that time got "hi tech security barrier"?????

So last time no security barrier, all cars breach our borders is excusable lah.............LANJIAO!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of fucking excuse, think all ppl that daft.

Uncle, you toking about the CNA news piece hor?? :confused:

lurpsexx

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's not a tyre slasher lah.. it's just a ramp piece and a badly fabricated one. more like sardine can cover.

Brother, if that's the case, then AGD shld conduct an audit on the money spent on upgrading our border defences before and since Mas limped over to Msia... for this case, its supplier bait and switch? ICA QC bak chew tak stamp? :*:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, the problem with this forum is that too many do not engage their brains before putting mouth(fingers) into gear. The lack of the art of careful observation of images, moving or not, is also telling.

The barrier of metal spikes was not raised. Only the metal sheet cover was retained in the upright position. The barrier could have malfunctioned, a common occurrence no doubt. It was a stroke of luck for the driver.

Fuck! For the first time I have saved an MIW's arse!:(

csi88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Previous incident TCH also spoke to the ICA & Police Commissioner. What the hell is happening to Singapore? A laughing stock to the whole world.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then did you think deeper? So it was excusable if there was a breach before the installation of such barriers??? So before having such barriers, anyone can drive thru and no one will be held responsible n accountable.????

Seriously, the problem with this forum is that too many do not engage their brains before putting mouth(fingers) into gear. The lack of the art of careful observation of images, moving or not, is also telling.

The barrier of metal spikes was not raised. Only the metal sheet cover was retained in the upright position. The barrier could have malfunctioned, a common occurrence no doubt. It was a stroke of luck for the driver.

Fuck! For the first time I have saved an MIW's arse!:(

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite comical as it snarl an innocent driver on 21feb (See below) but the spike did not work yesterday. It was already a tell tale sign something is not right, did ICA conduct operational test on the barrier? We are right afterall, they dont give a F! What they are after are chewing gum smugglers,3/4 fuel tank rule,.... i doubt there be real fundamental change if TCH stays on. One too many laspes, top dog head must roll.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/driver-has-car-bumper-pulled-off-by-spike-barrier-at-woodlands-checkpoint-with-no

spike.jpg

Car bumper dislodged by spike barrier at Woodlands Checkpoint -- with no reason given
Posted on 21 February 2014
Stomper Jen said her friend's car was damaged after a spike barrier was deployed at Woodlands Checkpoint on Feb 20 without any explanation.

A spike barrier is a security control measure to prevent perpetrators from using vehicles to dash through the Checkpoint. It can cause severe damage even to heavy vehicles.

According to the Stomper, her friend was then told to file a claim against the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).

However, no assistance was given to the driver nor was he advised on how to proceed. Hence, he is now at a loss as to what to do.

Jen, a Claims Officer, said her friend had related the incident to her. She told Stomp:

"My friend was exiting Woodlands Checkpoint on Feb 20. Suddenly, the 'Cat Crawler' was deployed without any reason and caused damage to his vehicle.

"He was at the ICA office for few hours after that, and all he got was his vehicle towed away and being told to make a claim against ICA.

"But there was no indication of who to approach and how the procedure to make a claim should be like. No one was there to advise him.

"We call up ICA and referred to a Woodlands Checkpoint officer, who could not even give us a clear direction. She replied that she was not sure as well."

Jen added that they are still waiting for ICA's response and as such, the car is still damaged.

Last edited:

lurpsexx

Alfrescian
Loyal
The lack of the art of careful observation of images, moving or not, is also telling.

Mr Debonerman, with all due respect sir, in the first few secs of the video, I can make out the supports that raised each piece of the metal sheet cover. This support is NOT facing the oncoming vehicle to be stopped and its not the steel teeth.... Car going this way --> raising support side = /\ = metal sheet side...... once the front of the car rammed against the metal sheets the first time... they collapsed (see right side of video abt when the car hit).. the metal sheets fell smoothly.... if the metal sheet raising support is in the same slot (only 1) as of the metal teeth which did not deploy, then how can 2 metal structures come out of the same slot at the same time? I cannot see the space to do so in the slim ground slots..... but then again, there is a possibility you're right too... only the actual ground survey of the crime scene will tell the truth abt the metal teeth installation that failed.... hope no upgrades these few days......

lurpsexx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite comical as it snarl an innocent driver on 21feb (See below) but the spike did not work yesterday. It was already a tell tale sign something is not right, did ICA conduct operational test on the barrier? We are right afterall, they dont give a F! What they are after are chewing gum smugglers,3/4 fuel tank rule,.... i doubt there be real fundamental change if TCH stays on. One too many laspes, top dog head must roll.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/driver-has-car-bumper-pulled-off-by-spike-barrier-at-woodlands-checkpoint-with-no

spike.jpg

Car bumper dislodged by spike barrier at Woodlands Checkpoint -- with no reason given
Posted on 21 February 2014
Stomper Jen said her friend's car was damaged after a spike barrier was deployed at Woodlands Checkpoint on Feb 20 without any explanation.

A spike barrier is a security control measure to prevent perpetrators from using vehicles to dash through the Checkpoint. It can cause severe damage even to heavy vehicles.

According to the Stomper, her friend was then told to file a claim against the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).

However, no assistance was given to the driver nor was he advised on how to proceed. Hence, he is now at a loss as to what to do.

Jen, a Claims Officer, said her friend had related the incident to her. She told Stomp:

"My friend was exiting Woodlands Checkpoint on Feb 20. Suddenly, the 'Cat Crawler' was deployed without any reason and caused damage to his vehicle.

"He was at the ICA office for few hours after that, and all he got was his vehicle towed away and being told to make a claim against ICA.

"But there was no indication of who to approach and how the procedure to make a claim should be like. No one was there to advise him.

"We call up ICA and referred to a Woodlands Checkpoint officer, who could not even give us a clear direction. She replied that she was not sure as well."

Jen added that they are still waiting for ICA's response and as such, the car is still damaged.

Thank you so much bro! Your pic and the comments in Stomp will lay all doubts to rest now... obviously what I had seen in the video vs what was reported in the CNA online news as well as on Stomp article in your thread is completely different... The barriers are totally not the same...

the Stomp article spikes and that released by SPF and ICA to CNA are the same and where the CNA online news article reported on the same story, then barrier CNA was talking abt shld have stopped the merc in its track as seen on what happened to the Altis in the Stomp article and which I had posted on the same thing earlier... this doesn't gel with the video which shows the merc front still intact as it sped off and the barrier collapsing and pushed upwards!!

Now lots of confirmation coming in liao.... but still no answers..... are the barriers being video-ed and reported on the same??? What do you think?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then did you think deeper? So it was excusable if there was a breach before the installation of such barriers??? So before having such barriers, anyone can drive thru and no one will be held responsible n accountable.????

To you and I there are no excuses. Let's face it. Woodlands is a smaller Tijuana crossing. There are no perfect filter systems in the world to maintain a perfect ten record. When you can allow in the past, a child killer to walk pass the checkpoint and then crossing the Causeway, what do you think?

Then again imagine the horror if that Merc driver was driving a bomb laden car and heading towards Oxley Road................