• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bragging about being vegetarian & compassionate, yet he goes whoring.. Acceptable?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Bragging about being vegetarian & compassionate, yet he goes whoring.. Acceptabl

Hehehe, both very good points.
On joetys point, can be considered to be compassionate to give her business, because you wouldn't want her to think that she is begging if no sexual favours in return.
On 69's point, but if you insist on the sexual favours, it could be that you are more horny than compassionate!

Well, if pay $$ to get sexual favour in return, is not really being compassionate, but rather a commercial transaction.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: Bragging about being vegetarian & compassionate, yet he goes whoring.. Acceptabl

Well, if pay $$ to get sexual favour in return, is not really being compassionate, but rather a commercial transaction.

Hypothetically and in addition to what you said above, how about if I give good tips?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The cows produce milk not for human consumption but for their own young. The hens produce eggs to ensure te continuity of their next generation, not for humans to eat. If vegans are so merciful then they should stop eating dairy products and eggs.

Good points noted.
Vegans are actually those vegetarians who exclude dairy products from their diets....even honey.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hypothetically and in addition to what you said above, how about if I give good tips?

Well, I think still not considered as compassion, cos a sexual transaction took place.

But is getting a bit grey though.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

Yalor, but you also don't want her to think that she is begging or you are looking down on her or are not sexually attracted to her, right?
That can also be deemed as being compassionate. :wink:

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Good points noted.
Vegans are actually those vegetarians who exclude dairy products from their diets....even honey.

Hello Mr. Narong, since you mentioned about this I assume you have certain deep knowledge about these things. One question I've been wanting to ask for so long, why cannot eat garlic for vegetarian Buddhist?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hello Mr. Narong, since you mentioned about this I assume you have certain deep knowledge about these things. One question I've been wanting to ask for so long, why cannot eat garlic for vegetarian Buddhist?

Some believe that Onion and Garlic will increase the sex-drive. So they abstain.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have no deep knowledge. Just that I like to go vegetarian on some days (not for religious reasons though I am partial to thai Buddhism).
Tony has influenced me to consider to go full on vegan so I have been doing some research.
I think onions and garlic abstinence is for some branch of Buddhist vegetarians only....like how some Buddhists not eating star fruit.

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Some believe that Onion and Garlic will increase the sex-drive. So they abstain.

I wish this is true, been eating lots and lots of garlic in my diet and also pumping garlic pills every day, this old fart still waiting for that flag raising moment. Some mornings quite hopeful but the moment I get up bed he stood down knn.

I have no deep knowledge. Just that I like to go vegetarian on some days (not for religious reasons though I am partial to thai Buddhism).
Tony has influenced me to consider to go full on vegan so I have been doing some research.
I think onions and garlic abstinence is for some branch of Buddhist vegetarians only....like how some Buddhists not eating star fruit.

Mr. Narong same same for me recently I had also been influenced by Tony, lately on the road saw pigs and chickens on lorry I feel damn sad man, very very sad. So I also contemplating on this now, I had personally told him about this. Bloody Tony seem to have a point I must say.

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To be honest, tho I am a free-thinker, I have a good friend who is a Buddhist.. and he also goes vege on certain days.

And, he is single and goes to satisfy his needs and urges when he feels he needs to. He is not Gay.. and he goes to Geylang.

I have asked him why not go vege all the way and not just certain days.. and he said, "I may not be able to do so.. the body needs some meat.. and cos I'm not a monk.. I don't feel I need to do so now. Maybe when I'm into my late 50s or early 60s then I consider."

And on the topic of visiting Sex workers, he has this to say, "I'm not married, so I don't feel that I am betraying anyone. However, even if I was married.. and if my partner can't satisfy me.. and even thru communication we can't settle.. don't blame me for still going to Geylang.. sometmies women don't understand that sex for men is a release. If I am married, then making love with my partner is different."

I myself am not married.. and I can understand why my friend says this. If visiting a sex worker can satisfy your urges, and the process is legal and no violence involved.. and both party practice safe sex.. why not?

A human being is not without emotions and urges. The oldest trade we human beings know as prostitution, exists because of a need. Take away that, and we will probably see some stuff emerging in our society and community.

Don't quantify a man's compassion with the act of going to a sex worker.. unless he specifically finds underage prostitutes.. and has other perverse things in the process of the whole thing.. then.. I believe it would be different.

For me, if that man is not a monk, what stops him from visiting a sex worker? If I put it in a different way, he is being compassionate to the sex worker, by patronizing her so that she has money to earn and in time, hopefully leave the trade. Isn't that compassion? if he is a good customer, he takes her time to be spent with a bad customer.. i think that's good.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its good to go down the path to improve your health, remove toxins etc. Make sure muscle mass does not deteriorate as joints start to suffer. Come cross people who do it in stretches but they don't call themselves vegans. Should not be problem for Buddhists, Hindus and Catholics who grew up fasting on occasions.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Thai Buddhist monks or rather Thai Buddhism allows meat this is something I cannot understand despite the fact that I had lived here for a while.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

thanks to tony, my diet now is more balanced with more green leafy vege, juice, fruit, legumes, seeds and nuts in my meals. otherwise, it was mostly meat, cheese and carbs. he inadvertently saved many lives including snails in my garden who only dine on leafy greens.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

As a Buddhist, I am for the idea of going vegetarian and I make a point to go vegetarian once a week.

However, I just think that there is no point being a vegetarian and talk about compassion, when this person goes whoring, bragging about being vegetarian and always behaves in a "holier than thou" manner!!

My point is, let's get the basic correct.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Thai Buddhist monks or rather Thai Buddhism allows meat this is something I cannot understand despite the fact that I had lived here for a while.

For Thai monks, they take food as food. They eat whatever is given to them and are not selective.

What the Buddha Said About Eating Meat\

Since the very beginning of Buddhism over 2500 years ago, Buddhist monks and nuns have depended on almsfood. They were, and still are, prohibited from growing their own food, storing their own provisions or cooking their own meals. Instead, every morning they would make their day's meal out of whatever was freely given to them by lay supporters. Whether it was rich food or coarse food, delicious or awful tasting it was to be accepted with gratitude and eaten regarding it as medicine. The Buddha laid down several rules forbidding monks from asking for the food that they liked. As a result, they would receive just the sort of meals that ordinary people ate - and that was often meat.

Once, a rich and influential general by the name of Siha (meaning 'Lion') went to visit the Buddha. Siha had been a famous lay supporter of the Jain monks but he was so impressed and inspired by the Teachings he heard from the Buddha that he took refuge in the Triple Gem (i.e. he became a Buddhist). General Siha then invited the Buddha, together with the large number of monks accompanying Him, to a meal at his house in the city the following morning. In preparation for the meal, Siha told one of his servants to buy some meat from the market for the feast. When the Jain monks heard of their erstwhile patron's conversion to Buddhism and the meal that he was preparing for the Buddha and the monks, they were somewhat peeved:

"Now at the time many Niganthas (Jain monks), waving their arms, were moaning from carriage road to carriage road, from cross road to cross road in the city: 'Today a fat beast, killed by Siha the general, is made into a meal for the recluse Gotama (the Buddha), the recluse Gotama makes use of this meat knowing that it was killed on purpose for him, that the deed was done for his sake'..." [1].

Siha was making the ethical distinction between buying meat already prepared for sale and ordering a certain animal to be killed, a distinction which is not obvious to many westerners but which recurs throughout the Buddha's own teachings. Then, to clarify the position on meat eating to the monks, the Buddha said:

"Monks, I allow you fish and meat that are quite pure in three respects: if they are not seen, heard or suspected to have been killed on purpose for a monk. But, you should not knowingly make use of meat killed on purpose for you." [2]

There are many places in the Buddhist scriptures which tell of the Buddha and his monks being offered meat and eating it. One of the most interesting of these passages occurs in the introductory story to a totally unrelated rule (Nissaggiya Pacittiya 5) and the observation that the meat is purely incidental to the main theme of the story emphasizes the authenticity of the passage:

Uppalavanna (meaning 'she of the lotus-like complexion') was one of the two chief female disciples of the Buddha. She was ordained as a nun while still a young woman and soon became fully enlightened. As well as being an arahant (enlightened) she also possessed various psychic powers to the extent that the Buddha declared her to be foremost among all the women in this field. Once, while Uppalavanna was meditating alone in the afternoon in the 'Blind-Men's Grove', a secluded forest outside of the city of Savatthi, some thieves passed by. The thieves had just stolen a cow, butchered it and were escaping with the meat. Seeing the composed and serene nun, the chief of the thieves quickly put some of the meat in a leaf-bag and left it for her. Uppalavanna picked up the meat and resolved to give it to the Buddha. Early next morning, having had the meat prepared, she rose into the air and flew to where the Buddha was staying, in the Bamboo Grove outside of Rajagaha, over 200 kilometres as the crow (or nun?) flies! Though there is no specific mention of the Buddha actually consuming this meat, obviously a nun of such high attainments would certainly have known what the Buddha ate.

However there are some meats which are specifically prohibited for monks to eat: human meat, for obvious reasons; meat from elephants and horses as these were then considered royal animals; dog meat - as this was considered by ordinary people to be disgusting; and meat from snakes, lions, tigers, panthers, bears and hyenas - because one who had just eaten the flesh of such dangerous jungle animals was thought to give forth such a smell as to draw forth revenge from the same species!

Towards the end of the Buddha's life, his cousin Devadatta attempted to usurp the leadership of the Order of monks. In order to win support from other monks, Devadatta tried to be more strict than the Buddha and show Him up as indulgent. Devadatta proposed to the Buddha that all the monks should henceforth be vegetarians. The Buddha refused and repeated once again the regulation that he had established years before, that monks and nuns may eat fish or meat as long as it is not from an animal whose meat is specifically forbidden, and as long as they had no reason to believe that the animal was slaughtered specifically for them.

The Vinaya, then, is quite clear on this matter. Monks and nuns may eat meat. Even the Buddha ate meat. Unfortunately, meat eating is often seen by westerners as an indulgence on the part of the monks. Nothing could be further from the truth - I was a strict vegetarian for three years before I became a monk. In my first years as a monk in North-East Thailand, when I bravely faced many a meal of sticky rice and boiled frog (the whole body bones and all), or rubbery snails, red-ant curry or fried grasshoppers - I would have given ANYTHING to be a vegetarian again! On my first Christmas in N.E. Thailand an American came to visit the monastery a week or so before the 25th. It seemed too good to be true, he had a turkey farm and yes, he quickly understood how we lived and promised us a turkey for Christmas. He said that he would choose a nice fat one especially for us... and my heart sank. We cannot accept meat knowing it was killed especially for monks. We refused his offer. So I had to settle for part of the villager's meal - frogs again.

Monks may not exercise choice when it comes to food and that is much harder than being a vegetarian. Nonetheless, we may encourage vegetarianism and if our lay supporters brought only vegetarian food and no meat, well... monks may not complain either!

May you take the hint and be kind to animals.

http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma3/meat.html

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I wish this is true, been eating lots and lots of garlic in my diet and also pumping garlic pills every day, this old fart still waiting for that flag raising moment. Some mornings quite hopeful but the moment I get up bed he stood down knn.

Mr. Narong same same for me recently I had also been influenced by Tony, lately on the road saw pigs and chickens on lorry I feel damn sad man, very very sad. So I also contemplating on this now, I had personally told him about this. Bloody Tony seem to have a point I must say.

But you made up from the deficient rise in the morning, in having a pleasurable discharge from the rear, aka the FART!, if you take too many garlic & garlic pills, it smells 'heavenly' too. So, people must be calling you SMELLY OLD FART, these days.:biggrin:

Any garlic is rumored to be good for your BP..Blood pressure.

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

But you made up from the deficient rise in the morning, in having a pleasurable discharge from the rear, aka the FART!, if you take too many garlic & garlic pills, it smells 'heavenly' too. So, people must be calling you SMELLY OLD FART, these days.:biggrin:

Any garlic is rumored to be good for your BP..Blood pressure.

No la no one calls me smelly old fart because mine is silent bomb so no one knows. My blood pressure is ok so far because I do perform some physical activities everyday like walking my dog and walking to my breakfast joint which is about 3 kilometers from home.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No la no one calls me smelly old fart because mine is silent bomb so no one knows. My blood pressure is ok so far because I do perform some physical activities everyday like walking my dog and walking to my breakfast joint which is about 3 kilometers from home.

After walking there you eat food to cover 6km of walk... ha ha ha ha

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

After walking there you eat food to cover 6km of walk... ha ha ha ha

Yes yes 6km. Long walk for old fart but good exercise for my age, may not be long walk for young people though. Can see many things during these walks.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are wrong about that guy.

He is addicted to visting whores and thereby accumulated many demerit points. Therefore, he only eats vegetables to try to gather some merit points to balance up. After all, at the end of the day, it's your net points that matter, isn't it?