• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bonjour

Angelique

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good size for a lady swimmer. Big enough to look good and small enough for minimum resistance in the water.
Speed or endurance swimmer ?
Younger days in school, competitive swimmer. Now, I do endurance. Toggle between 2 to 5km per session depending on how motivated I am on that day.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Younger days in school, competitive swimmer. Now, I do endurance. Toggle between 2 to 5km per session depending on how motivated I am on that day.
No further questions. My best was 4km at one go but need 2 day recovery due to age.

Angelique

Alfrescian
Loyal
No further questions. My best was 4km at one go but need 2 day recovery due to age.
That's excellent stamina if you are already past 55 years of age. I am sure you are a fit gentleman if you can do 4km.

I am glad to meet a fellow good swimmer online here. A pleasant surprise. Nowadays, most either run or bike. Endurance swimming isn't a popular sport for most adults.

By the way, for me, a 5km front crawl swim is about 1hr 35mins to 1hr 40mins. If I switch to breast stroke, it's about 1hr 45 thereabouts (fastest).

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No further questions.

That's excellent stamina if you are already past 55 years of age. I am sure you are a fit gentleman if you can do 4km.

I am glad to meet a fellow good swimmer online here. A pleasant surprise. Nowadays, most either run or bike. Endurance swimming isn't a popular sport for most adults.

By the way, for me, a 5km front crawl swim is about 1hr 35mins to 1hr 40mins. If I switch to breast stroke, it's about 1hr 45 thereabouts (fastest).
On a good day I can do 50 laps front-crawl in 58 mins or less. My 80 laps was 1hr 40mins and that was a one off. Will never do that again as I cannot afford a 2-day recovery. I was literally flaccid all over after the ordeal.

Angelique

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a good day I can do 50 laps front-crawl in 58 mins or less. My 80 laps was 1hr 40mins and that was a one off. Will never do that again as I cannot afford a 2-day recovery. I was literally flaccid all over after the ordeal.
You must have been a school swimmer in your younger days?

Angelique

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, can I ask your opinion on this cross body sling bag

untitled_design_8_.jpg

Qddktckd1607604607-1080x1080.jpg

Good for travelling?

https://www.xd-design.com/us-us/bobby-sling

Angelique

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not? I use this for my gadgets like phone, camera and tablet.

Ok.

I am deciding between this versus a Pacsafe model Metrosafe LS150.

pacsafe_metrosafe_ls150_antith_1610698961_e5330124

The price difference is quite a lot.

Pacsafe Meteosafe 150 : $189
XD design Bobby sling : $72

Both have 20% discount now for 11.11 sale. Above prices are before discount.

Angelique

Alfrescian
Loyal
The wired one that you have is good for breaststroke. The waves doesn't interrupt.

If you are swimming front crawl, use the wireless one. Do note that the wireless is really bad if you are breaststroke swimmer.

By the way, Decathlon also has a cheaper wired model for swimming.

Watertight-SwimMusic-100-V3-MP3-Player-and-Headphones-White-Blue.jpg

I think it's super ugly with all the wires sticking everywhere. Haha. I didn't buy this.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok.

I am deciding between this versus a Pacsafe model Metrosafe LS150.

pacsafe_metrosafe_ls150_antith_1610698961_e5330124

The price difference is quite a lot.

Pacsafe Meteosafe 150 : $189
XD design Bobby sling : $72

Both have 20% discount now for 11.11 sale. Above prices are before discount.
Way too expensive for me. You can find cheaper ones at Aliexpress. I'll never pay than $50 for it as they won't stand the abuse against the elements long-term.
But that's just me. I have reached the point of my life where frugality is a priority.

Angelique

Alfrescian
Loyal
Way too expensive for me. You can find cheaper ones at Aliexpress. I'll never pay than $50 for it as they won't stand the abuse against the elements long-term.
But that's just me. I have reached the point of my life where frugality is a priority.
Ok. Thanks. I understand.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The wired one that you have is good for breaststroke. The waves doesn't interrupt.

If you are swimming front crawl, use the wireless one. Do note that the wireless is really bad if you are breaststroke swimmer.

By the way, Decathlon also has a cheaper wired model for swimming.

Watertight-SwimMusic-100-V3-MP3-Player-and-Headphones-White-Blue.jpg

I think it's super ugly with all the wires sticking everywhere. Haha. I didn't buy this.
I like the wired ones as the battery life is way much better. And my head is big enough to secure it. I only swim front crawl as breast strokes always caused my fingers to cramp. And I'm more efficient in the former.

Angelique

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like the wired ones as the battery life is way much better.
Usually last around 1.5 to 2 hours on fully charged for both Sony wired or wireless models. I also prefer the wired one as it provides more grip on my head.

What I dislike about both models is that they can't handle wall turns. When I do a front crawl flip turn or breast stroke wall glide turn, they do drop off at times. Quite irritating.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Usually last around 1.5 to 2 hours on fully charged for both Sony wired or wireless models. I also prefer the wired one as it provides more grip on my head.

What I dislike about both models is that they can't handle wall turns. When I do a front crawl flip turn or breast stroke wall glide turn, they do drop off at times. Quite irritating.
Haha. Imagine wearing a HR monitor on your chest when you flipped. Probably less problem for you gals as your underboobs might stop it from moving....