• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bomb Squad? GPGT! Real Mine Fields from Real War to train, no need SAFTI, kill trees 1st to find mines under them!

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
Http://www.xinhuanet.com/photo/2018-09/07/c_129948630.htm

The army organized the troops to clear the backbone and practice the minefield at the border minefield.
September 07, 2018 07:20:44 | Source: Xinhuanet

(Graphic interaction) (1) The Army organizes the troops to clear the backbone and practice the minefield in the minefield

The training instructors taught the training officers at a minefield in Malipo, China-Vietnam border (photo taken on September 1).

The actual combat training of the army combat troops for mine clearance has recently been held in a certain border defense brigade of the Southern Theater. This training combined with the border sweeping mission will allow the participating officers and soldiers to feel the real battlefield atmosphere from a distance, firmly establish the real-life guidance, and effectively improve the actual combat capability of mine-sweeping.

Xinhua News Agency (photo by Zhang Hui)

The army organized the troops to clear the backbone and practice the minefield at the border minefield.

(Graphic interaction) (2) The army organizes the troops to clear the backbone and practice the minefield at the border minefield

The officers and men who participated in the training went to a comprehensive training ground in Malipo to conduct the operation and use assessment of the mine detector (photo taken on August 31). Xinhua News Agency (photo by Zhang Hui)

The officers and men in the training conducted a search operation at a minefield in Malipo, China-Vietnam border (photo taken on September 4). Xinhua News Agency (photo by Peng Xi)

(Graphic and interactive) (4) The Army organizes the troops to clear the backbone and practice the minefield at the border minefield

The officers and men who participated in the training went to a minefield in Malipo, China-Vietnam border to visit and identify the mines and explosives that had been collected (photo taken on August 26). Xinhua News Agency (photo by Zhang Hui)

(Graphic interaction) (5) The Army organizes the troops to clear the backbone and practice the minefield in the minefield

The officers and men in the training conducted a search operation at a minefield in Malipo, China-Vietnam border (photo taken on September 4). Xinhua News Agency (photo by Peng Xi)

(Graphic interaction) (6) The army organizes the troops to clear the backbone and practice the minefield at the border minefield to enhance the mine-sweeping capability.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/photo/2018-09/07/c_129948630.htm

陆军组织部队扫雷骨干在边境雷场实操实练提升扫雷排爆能力
2018年09月07日 07:20:44 | 来源: 新华网

1123391864_15362624845201n.jpg

集训教员在中越边境麻栗坡某雷场为参训官兵授课教学(9月1日摄)。
陆军作战部队扫雷骨干实战化集训近日在南部战区陆军某边防旅举办。这次集训结合边境扫雷任务进行,让参训官兵零距离感受真实战场氛围,牢固树立真打实备导向,切实提高扫雷排爆实战能力。
新华社发(张辉 摄)

1123391864_15362624845861n.jpg

参训官兵到麻栗坡某综合训练场进行探雷器操作使用考核(8月31日摄)。 新华社发(张辉 摄)

1123391864_15362624846581n.jpg

参训官兵在中越边境麻栗坡某雷场进行搜排作业(9月4日摄)。 新华社发(彭希 摄)

1123391864_15362624847271n.jpg

参训官兵到中越边境麻栗坡某雷场参观识别已搜排出的地雷及爆炸物(8月26日摄)。新华社发(张辉 摄)

1123391864_15362624848081n.jpg

1123391864_15362624848691n.jpg

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
These guys are standing in very close formation to sweep the mine field in a combing row. If one mine detonated, can get 2 or 3 of them. They obviously know and are not afraid.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they can get all the trees to be cleared , why bother to sweep mine ?
Just drive your clear mine field vehicle to clear all the mines.

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
The vehicle not suitable for steep terrains like that, and further more still have too many tree stumps. During wars, these hills were bombarded by heavy artillery until the hills reduced height by 2 meters average, all Botak. Now grew these trees. Bombs and mines covered heavily by roots. Hence the mechanical whacking rotors will not be able to whack these mine to trigger them.

Further, many of the bombs inside are blind shell and mortar bombs, mechanical whacking wheels will not be good to trigger them at all.

1123391864_15362624847271n.jpg

参训官兵到中越边境麻栗坡某雷场参观识别已搜排出的地雷及爆炸物(8月26日摄)。新华社发(张辉 摄)

The purpose is partly also for training the PLA bomb disposal teams.

They really want to dig and clear so that these land can now be developed and used.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe can send in all the mad cow and fat pigs there. set a parametre for this animal to go in . They will help to trigger all the bombs.
Anyway, we are at peace time.

We have excess nos of poultry.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Use rats lor....work well in Cambodia

Meet the 'hero rats' clearing Cambodia's landmines
By freelance correspondent Zoe Osborne
PostedFri 25 May 2018 at 7:00pm, updatedWed 30 May 2018 at 2:14am
9799832-3x2-large.jpg

IMAGEThoeun Theap with his favourite rat, Mr Magawa.(ABC News: Zoe Osborne)
The sun is barely up when Thoeun Theap pulls into a clearing in the thick Cambodian bush with a giant African rat on the seat beside him.
In a few minutes the two will be out there beyond the treeline, scouring the earth for the remnants of a war Mr Theap fled almost 40 years ago.
He spends most mornings out here in no man's land with his team of pouched rat handlers from APOPO and de-miners from the Cambodian Mine Action Centre (CMAC). A step in the wrong direction could see them lose a leg.
It takes humans with metal detectors three to four days to clear explosives from a tennis court-sized area, but for APOPO's "hero rats", it's just 30 minutes.
As a Khmer Rouge survivor, Mr Theap got lucky. It's what gets him up before dawn every morning: the drive to clear his country of the explosives that make it hard for Cambodians to access roads, infrastructure and even their own backyards.
For his team of handlers, the "hero rats" are like family.
"I have one favourite rat, his name is Mr Magawa, he's an extra clever one," Mr Theap laughs.​
"All the rats are clever but my favourite is him. Rats are calm and when you release them they don't run away.
"After we clear the mines, the people can plant cassava and the kids can go to school without fear," he says.
9800906-3x4-large.jpg

IMAGELike many of his handlers, Thoeun has a close relationship with his "hero rats".(ABC News: Zoe Osborne)
Born into a war-zone
Born just after the Khmer Rouge took power in 1975, Mr Theap was just one week old when he lost his father to the regime.
"The Khmer Rouge knew my father used to be a soldier fighting against them. They told him to go cut bamboo in another area and he has never come back."​
Mr Theap's family struggled on.
"We used to call it a jail without walls," Mr Theap remembers. "All the people in Cambodia were very skinny — big here, but very skinny here," he continues, pointing first to his joints and then to the flesh on his arms.
Under the Khmer Rouge, Cambodia was repressed into an agrarian, communist existence. Individual thought, property and intellectual learning were squashed and every aspect of life was controlled.
"Even if you got married [they] would select your partner for you," Mr Theap says. "After [they] married you they would spy on you that night. If you didn't "get along", they would kill you in the morning."
Escape
When Cambodia was freed from Pol Pot in 1979, the country fell back into conflict and Mr Theap and his older brother fled. Terrified but lucky, the boys reached Thailand after three days of running under the cover of darkness, reuniting with their aunt in a border refugee camp.
After the Paris Peace Accords in 1991, Cambodia's conflict ended and refugees began to return home, only to find their country strewn with explosives.
"We struggled to live," Mr Theap remembers. "There was no safe land. We [farmed it] in fear because we had no choice."
Fed up with the suffering in his community, Mr Theap joined the Cambodian Mine Action Centre in 1997.
IMAGEThoeun Theap with one of APOPO rats at the Visitor Center in Siem Reap.(ABC News: Zoe Osborne)
At that time, Cambodia was one of the most heavily mined countries in the world. There were an estimated eight to 10 million landmines in the country in the early 1990s.
Even today, the country still has the world's highest ratio of mine amputees per capita. Over 64,000 casualties have been recorded since 1979 and many families still live in fear that the land they own may explode under their feet.
"Sometimes we find landmines in a field that a family have dug and ploughed for the last 30 years," says James Pursey, Head of Communications for APOPO.​
"It's insane."
Life in a minefield
IMAGETet Sorn and his wife, working on their land.(ABC News: Zoe Osborne)
Local farmer Tet Sorn has owned 7 hectares of land for decades but only began using it a month ago, after APOPO and CMAC declared it safe. He and his wife are now working by hand to prepare their huge expanse of overgrown scrub for cultivation. "We will plant rice here when the land is ready," he says, smiling.
Until now, Mr Sorn's family grew cassava and raised a few cows on the tiny stretch of soil next to his house. Like many of Cambodia's older generation, Mr Sorn did not receive a formal education owing to the Khmer Rouge's purge of intellectuals. Now, he's unable to find work in nearby Siem Reap, so he has to live from the land.
"In Cambodia, if a family can't use their land they will look for food close to the house," he says.
"We search for food each day just to eat that day. Nowadays there is less food in the bush because many people have already gone looking."​
IMAGETet Sorn is excited to begin using his land productively.(ABC News: Zoe Osborne)
But foraging for food can be just as dangerous as farming. It is difficult to predict where explosives may have been hidden by the Khmer Rouge, along with air bombs dropped during the Vietnam War.
"When [people] move around they will stick very strictly to paths that they know are safe," says Mr Pursey. "One of the big problems for families is controlling their children from playing in mine-infected areas or picking up the explosives."
Mr Sorn remembers well his fear for his five children.
"They used to play around the house, the fields, everywhere. Of course I was worried but they are kids, they want to play."​
If an adult is injured, it can bring desperate hardship for the entire family.
"It's not just physical, they're also stigmatised," Mr Pursey says. "They find it very difficult to get married because they're not considered an economically viable partner, especially if it's a man because his breadwinning ability is hindered."
Mr Sorn's brother-in-law lost the bottom half of one leg to a mine while working in his field.
"He is still farming near here but his life has changed a lot," says Mr Sorn. "Even going to the toilet is very difficult [but] in Cambodia, if a father is injured by a landmine he will still try — there is no choice."
IMAGETet Sorn has not been able to farm his 7 hectares of land until now.(ABC News: Zoe Osborne)
Medical care in Cambodia is limited, particularly for the poor, and receiving treatment for a landmine injury can be very difficult.
Mr Sorn's family had to carry his brother-in-law out of his field in a hammock and onto a wooden cart to make the 60km journey to the provincial hospital.​
Although there are now health centres in every commune, their quality is low and the price of medical care can make treatment impossible for Cambodia's vast rural poor. The Cambodian government has announced plans for a universal healthcare system, but this goal is a long way off.
IMAGECMAC de-miner holds an APOPO rat at the beginning of the day's work.(ABC News: Zoe Osborne)
'It's like if you have a kid'
Efforts by NGOs and government mine action groups have brought accidents down from 1,573 in 1992 to just 42 in 2017.
While most of the mine clearance was achieved without rats, they offer a new option for clearing ground.
"Former conflict areas usually contain many metallic objects in the ground, so using a metal detector can take some time", says APOPO's Cambodian Program Manager MA, Michael Heiman. "APOPO rats are trained to indicate only the explosives, so work can be more efficient."
APOPO rats are bred from wild African giant pouched rats and trained in Tanzania.
IMAGEVendeline Shirima, (Mine Detection Rat Technical Adviser from Tanzania) with one of the APOPO rats.(ABC News: Zoe Osborne)
"We choose rats because they are small ... so when they step on mines they don't easily explode," says Vendeline Shirima, Mine Detection Rat Technical Advisor. "It's also easier to house them, transportation is easier, food is cheaper..."
Rats have a highly developed sense of smell and are not as dependent on their handler as dogs, the animal more commonly used for mine clearance. They can work with anyone. But APOPO staff still share a strong bond with their animals.
"The handlers know the behaviour of their rats — it's like if you have a kid. Sometimes you can see he is not happy, you must identify why," says Mr Shirima.​
IMAGEVendeline Shirima, (Mine Detection Rat Technical Advisor from Tanzania) with one of the APOPO rats.(ABC News: Zoe Osborne)
With 1,640 square kilometres of potential minefields left to clear, a mine-free Cambodia remains a long way off, but the dream keeps Mr Theap and his colleagues going.
"Cambodians have been suffering for decades of war between Khmer and Khmer," Mr Theap says.
"It's time to love and help each other."
Top Stories
Joyce harassment accuser 'dismayed' after Nationals unable to reach decision

5 hours ago
'Nasty' tactics of Dutton's backers during Liberal Party spill revealed

10 hours ago
Police release vision of 'vicious' street attack near MCG after AFL match
Duration: 48 seconds48s

6 hours ago
Analysis: Scott Morrison is perfecting the art of Not Being Malcolm Turnbull

13 hours ago
A mysterious death on a leafy suburban street reveals a fractured family's dark secrets

13 hours ago
Related Stories
What happened to the little boy in the iconic Fred Hollows photo?

Escape route laced with landmines: Military's 'deliberate trap' for fleeing Rohingya

The country that may never be clear of land mines

Good news you probably missed while worrying about nuclear war

ABC NEWS Newsletter

Connect with ABC News
Contact the ABC
© 2018 ABC

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/2018-09-10/doc-ihivtsyk9198200.shtml

中国扫雷官兵赴中越边境排雷 竟不慎坐到地雷上(图)

中国扫雷官兵赴中越边境排雷 竟不慎坐到地雷上(图)

s_8L-hivtsyk9196010.jpg

每次从雷场出来,看到头顶的蓝天、熟悉的营区,我心里总是油然升腾起一种幸福感。
“人能四肢健全活着,真好。”这是多年前我的班长常对我说的一句话,现在我当兵到了第9个年头,几次与死神擦肩而过,才对这句话有了更深刻的理解。
第一次进雷场扫真雷是在2014年,我奉命去黎巴嫩执行维和任务,主要的任务就是扫雷。这里的雷区表面覆盖着稀疏的荒漠植被,首先要把它们清理干净。
iUll-hivtsyk9196496.jpg

正当我用特制的剪刀小心清理植被时,突然感觉剪刀碰到了异物。仔细一看,我浑身的血液都要凝固了。我碰了一颗地雷,而且把它移动了一下!这枚仅仅埋在植被下面几厘米的地雷已经露出了地面,它的金属外壳已经清晰可见。我吓懵了,不知道该怎么处理,赶紧向组长李海滨报告:“报告,发现地雷了。”组长过来问清楚了情况,用电起爆法把这枚地雷诱爆了。
那声爆炸穿透耳膜、震颤着我的内心:如果这枚雷刚才在我碰到的时候响了,我这辈子的扫雷记录就停留在0枚上了。
rQiE-hivtsyk9197061.jpg

如今我抽组到扫雷大队执行扫雷任务已经3个年头,在十几片雷区成功排除了上千枚地雷和爆炸物,但每一次进雷场我都心怀敬畏之心。我知道,在雷场,即使成功了1000次,但只要一次失败,可能就永远出不来了。
今年4月中旬,我在4号洞雷场执行扫雷任务。这片雷场位于云南省文山州麻栗坡县天保口岸,老山、八里河东山之间的峡谷中部,是一座不大的山坡,其底部边界紧靠口岸公路和盘龙江,距居民区不足百米。由于雷场距离居民区很近、地雷和各种爆炸物非常密集,我们不能采用爆破的方式开辟通道,也不能爆破排除性能不稳定的地雷和爆炸物,只能采取人工搜排的方法一点点啃掉这61000平方米的硬骨头。
fiUY-hivtsyk9197466.jpg

因为植被茂密、坡度很陡,排雷时连站立的地方都没有。我们就在腰上绑上安全绳,用工兵锹在坡上挖出小台阶,一点点地排。那天我实在累得不行了,就想坐在台阶旁边的草丛里稍微休息下。哪知这一屁股坐下去,我立刻感觉不对,凭经验判断,我屁股下面的泥土里有一枚圆形地雷!
“我好像坐到地雷上了。”当我告诉同组的战友邹德能时,我说话的声音都在颤抖。但邹德能一句话给我壮了胆:“不怕,你坐下去它不是没响吗?”我就照他说的,一点点慢慢站起来。排出那颗雷时才发现,这枚72式反步兵地雷压片已经揭翻,雷管里的起爆药流失了,地雷失去了效能。我幸运地又一次从“死神”手里捡了一条命回来。
aoRD-hivtsyk9197827.jpg

尽管时刻面临生死考验,但我仍然热爱扫雷这份事业。经过近半年的连续奋战,4号洞雷场被成功排除,共排除地雷和各种爆炸物8299枚(发),清除金属残片约7吨。当我和战友们移交这片安全的土地时,我的内心充满了自豪。
听说这片土地将被麻栗坡县人民政府用来建设口岸国门医院,满足周围群众的医疗需求,这块曾今的死亡地带将重新焕发生机,我的幸福感又爆棚了。

Chinese mine-clearing officers and soldiers went to the Sino-Vietnamese border to demining to sit on the mines (Photos)
September 10, 2018, 09:28 Military Reporter

s_8L-hivtsyk9196010.jpg

Every time I came out from the minefield and saw the blue sky above my head and the familiar camp area, my heart always rose up to a sense of happiness.
"It is good for people to be able to live in good limbs." This is what my squad leader often said to me many years ago. Now I am in the ninth year of my military, and I have passed away with death several times. Have a deeper understanding.
The first time I went to the minefield to sweep the mine was in 2014. I was ordered to go to Lebanon to carry out the peacekeeping mission. The main task was to mine mine. The surface of the minefield here is covered with sparse desert vegetation, which must first be cleaned up.
iUll-hivtsyk9196496.jpg

Just as I carefully cleaned the vegetation with special scissors, I suddenly felt that the scissors had touched a foreign object. Take a closer look, my blood will be solidified. I touched a mine and moved it a bit! The mine, which is only a few centimeters below the vegetation, has exposed the ground and its metal casing is clearly visible. I was scared. I didn't know what to do. I quickly reported to the team leader Li Haibin: "Report, found mines." The team leader came over and asked the situation, and used the electric detonation method to seduce the mine.
The explosion penetrated the eardrum and trembled inside my heart: If this thunder just rang when I met, my mine-clearing record in my life stayed on zero.
rQiE-hivtsyk9197061.jpg

Now I have teamed up to the mine-sweeping battalion to carry out the mine-clearing mission for three years. I have successfully eliminated thousands of mines and explosives in more than a dozen minefields, but I am awesome every time I enter the minefield. I know that in the minefield, even if it succeeds 1000 times, as long as it fails, it may never come out.
In mid-April this year, I performed a mine-clearing mission at the minefield on the 4th hole. This minefield is located in the Tianbao Port of Malipo County, Wenshan Prefecture, Yunnan Province, in the middle of the valley between Laoshan and Bali Mountain. It is a small hillside with its bottom boundary close to the Port Highway and Panlong River. Less than 100 meters. Because the minefield is very close to the residential area, the mines and various explosives are very dense, we can't use the way of blasting to open up the channel, nor can we blast out the unstable mines and explosives. We can only use the manual search method. Get rid of this 61,000 square meters of hard bones.
fiUY-hivtsyk9197466.jpg

Because the vegetation is dense and the slope is steep, there is no place to stand when demining. We tied the safety rope to the waist and used the engineering shovel to dig a small step on the slope and arrange it a little bit. I was so tired that day, I just wanted to sit down in the grass next to the steps. I know that this ass sat down, I immediately felt wrong, judging by experience, there is a round mine in the soil below my butt!
"I seem to be sitting on a mine." When I told Zou Degen, the comrade in the same group, my voice was shaking. But Zou De can give me a bold statement: "I am not afraid, isn't it sounding when you sit down?" I just stood up slowly as he said. When the mine was discharged, it was discovered that the 72-type anti-infantry mine tablet had been uncovered, the detonating medicine in the detonator was lost, and the mine lost its effectiveness. Fortunately, I once again took a life back from the "Death".
aoRD-hivtsyk9197827.jpg

Despite the test of life and death, I still love the cause of mine clearance. After nearly half a year of continuous fighting, the No. 4 hole minefield was successfully eliminated. A total of 8,299 pieces of explosives and various explosives were removed, and about 7 tons of metal fragments were removed. When I and my comrades handed over this safe land, my heart was full of pride.
I heard that this land will be used by the Malipo County People's Government to build a port country hospital to meet the medical needs of the surrounding people. This piece of death will be revived, and my happiness is bursting.